PDA

View Full Version : Racing Performance Works 8G Headers - new batch available

Mitsiman
08-19-2002, 09:06 PM
For those interested we are sending off another batch of 8G Galant Headers and flex pipes based on our racing design with a HFC option.

As people know these are a direct bolt on and the long header design, lionger than any other manafactuer provides more horsepower and torque than any shorter 4-1 design.

anyone interested contact your local RPW agent - there are only 9 units left out of the 25 sets being currently sent to the USA so you will need to get in early.

David Thomas
www.rpw.com.au

Andy
08-19-2002, 10:29 PM
These headers or Kamakazi - I'm interested to see which outperforms the other.

Mgalant99
08-19-2002, 10:37 PM
I'd stick with the Kamikazes!!! You can still get in one the groupbuy price just email me or pm me and I will send you all the information. RPW headers might be really expensive who knows.

Tiller
08-20-2002, 12:04 AM
if i had my choice, i'd take the RPW over the Kami ANYDAY, and twice on Sunday...

You'll thank me for it...

99DE
08-20-2002, 12:07 AM
Fishboy55 has them on his 8G, and gave a nice review in the Review section. I would go with RPW too, they specialize in the Galant, they have a website, the owner comes here to explain, and 3G eclipse use em too. Sounds like a great reputation :!: :!:

Auto-9
08-20-2002, 12:10 AM
I went with RPW myself...it's not as pricey as the others. I didn't get in on the groupbuy with Club 3G so I'm paying 625 USD for my V6 headers with high flow cat, I think the groupbuy got it down to 4 or 5 hundred. Are you also sending the V6 headers out with these 4 cylinder headers or are they still not ready Dave?

Fishboy55
08-20-2002, 06:27 AM
I said it before, I'll say it again. I stand by RPW just based on their R&D and the fact that they have the experience to produce a header that will produce more HP and is a true race design. If your looking for performance, reputation and great customer service, go with David and RPW. Years of experience with Mitsubishi and a 12 second N/A four cylinder speaks for itself. You won't be disappointed. Like the old saying says...you get what you pay for.

Chip

Mitsiman
08-20-2002, 11:02 AM
Thanks for the backup guy's.

Firstly in comparison with the Kamikaze headers you only need to look at the difference in the design of the two brands to see that our units are made for a broader power range and better design. The kamikazi brand is a good basic brand of extractors and I am the last person to say that they are no good. If you are short on money or want an intermediet set until you decide where you are going the kamakazi brand owuld be fine.

Anyway yes we are going to be shipping the V6 and I4 headers (Both 7G and 8G) all at the same time. The freight costs should drop a huge amount because of the way we are shipping them this time which will be great for everyone.

Anyway other than that - I can't think of anything else to say.

David Thomas
www.rpw.com.au

VegasMatt
08-20-2002, 11:04 AM
I am still waiting patiently for my headers...

Auto-9
08-20-2002, 12:41 PM
I went with you because you remind me of the founder of Wendys Hamburgers...keeping me well fed on campus since 1999 https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif It also seems your R&D is the least rushed of everyone out there...most of the aftermarket support seems to be hastily put together stuff with little thought. Can't wait for mine to ship.

J. T. Z.
08-20-2002, 08:09 PM
The price on the I4 headers are?

toc8g
08-20-2002, 11:39 PM
Also, does it bolt up directly with the 02 sensor now? Remember some of us have Cali specs. I remember some didn't come with the Bung or something or another. We have a 02 sensor on the header and the one by the main cat.

Fishboy55
08-21-2002, 07:34 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(toc8g)</div><div class='quotemain'>Also, does it bolt up directly with the 02 sensor now? Remember some of us have Cali specs. I remember some didn't come with the Bung or something or another. We have a 02 sensor on the header and the one by the main cat.</div>Toc, I think David has that all worked out. The original issue was adding an extra bung for the cali specs. When I did the prototype, that bung was in place. The other issue was the fitment with the main cat, and David has worked that out as well. You'll still need to weld a flange on your stock cat if you choose to keep it. However if you get the high flow cat from RPW, the entire system is bolt up from manifold to cat. David will correct me if I mis-stated the modifications.

Chip

Kingman
08-21-2002, 09:27 AM
If you get the V6 with the hfc option they are a direct bolot up according to dave. Several people asked him on the 3g boards.

He also stated that we fixed the clearance issues that chip had on installing his.

So should be a simple 2 hour or so deal to install.

Mitsiman
08-21-2002, 08:20 PM
YEs all of our extractors will not come with approx 6 O2 bungs one on each header, one before the cat covnerter and one after the cat converter.

We were origonall going to place four bungs after the cat converter but ran out of room so we will be supplying 3 more nuts which can be welded onto the pipe after the cat converter and then drilled to fit the 3 O2 sensors for cali model vehicles.

Clearance issues have been checked as well as a EGR fitting (Undrilled) for those who wish to fit it up.

For prices you need to contact your local RPW dealer.

David Thomas
www.rpw.com.au

VegasMatt
08-21-2002, 10:54 PM
I contacted Vision today and they say they wont be shipping out for another two weeks. Have you shipped to them yet? I am waiting for my V6 headers w/ HFC. I have a cali spec, looks like I am going to have to do some welding huh...??

Matt

Mitsiman
08-22-2002, 04:33 AM
The test fitter is fitting the new flex pipe and HFC unit that we redesigned on her car Monday or Tuesday next week. Once she tells us this then we can complete the flex pipe and we are going to be sending them all out with the next shipment which we are packing now. We are not prepared to send out any more V6 units until I know exactly that the new design fits up properly - just to be sure.

The minute she advises me of there fitment I will let everyone know straight away and begin sending the replacement flex pipes out.

David THoams
www.rpw.com.au

Tazz2000
08-22-2002, 08:47 AM
hehe, BUUUNNNG, lol :lauging:

Anyway, how much are the I-4 headers? Never got an answer to that question. :thumbsup:

toc8g
08-22-2002, 08:55 AM
The Price is at Vision Imports website.

http://www.visionimports.com ('http://www.visionimports.com')

Tazz2000
08-22-2002, 09:03 AM
Cool, THNX TOC

VegasMatt
02-12-2003, 12:00 AM
Reading back on this post, all I can do is laugh at the date the correspondance is going back and forth.

toc8g
02-12-2003, 01:37 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiller)</div><div class='quotemain'>if i had my choice, i'd take the RPW over the Kami ANYDAY, and twice on Sunday...

You'll thank me for it...</div>

Me too! :thumbsup:

Fishboy55
02-12-2003, 07:05 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VegasMatt)</div><div class='quotemain'>Reading back on this post, all I can do is laugh at the date the correspondance is going back and forth.</div>
Yea Matt, I can't disagree with you. Of course, if I were in your position, I'm not sure I'd be laughing at this point, man. Don't spend that huge $25 savings all in one place. :roll:

Chip

VegasMatt
03-11-2003, 12:00 AM
I got an email from Vision stating they are being shipped out by Wednesday. Its funny because I sent my payment to Vision on March 12 2002. Almost exactly to the day!!! Who would have figured it would have taken a year to get them.

toc8g
03-11-2003, 12:55 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VegasMatt)</div><div class='quotemain'>I got an email from Vision stating they are being shipped out by Wednesday. Â*Its funny because I sent my payment to Vision on March 12 2002. Â*Almost exactly to the day!!! Â*Who would have figured it would have taken a year to get them.</div>

Damn Matt you got some paaaaattienncee!!!!I would have folded by now! I am so not patient!

Auto-9
03-11-2003, 02:06 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(toc8g)</div><div class='quotemain'>Damn Matt you got some paaaaattienncee!!!!I would have folded by now! I am so not patient!</div>

Same here...I bowed out in January after waiting for too long and seeing that they essentially did very little for the money.

VegasMatt
04-07-2003, 10:11 PM
According to UPS, my headers will be here tomorrow!!

Yaaaaaaaaaaaay!!