PDA

View Full Version : Yakuza Body Kit, needed!

galantebeige
06-12-2009, 05:06 PM
Was looking at a not so recent thread (jan 09)
https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showpost.php?p=461288&postcount=40

I really like this kit. Do we have more info at this point? The search did not find anything else for me that was more recent.

I'd like to know where to get it, and maybe team up with some others who would want to buy also, maybe a group buy or something like that??

I copied these pictures from Reelax's post:
http://www.joy-tuning.de/shop/images/galant%20front3%20500.jpg
http://www.joy-tuning.de/shop/images/galant%20heck2%20500.jpg
http://www.joy-tuning.de/shop/images/galant%20front1%20500.jpg

lonestar22
06-12-2009, 05:20 PM
the group buy would consist of... you

galantebeige
06-12-2009, 05:30 PM
I suppose I am the only one who likes this kit then......

seth98esT
06-12-2009, 05:30 PM
The front bumper looks like it is broken.

9G
06-12-2009, 05:47 PM
weird

keta11
06-12-2009, 05:56 PM
it wont fit our cars. I already contacted that website, I wanted the other bodykit but they said they would not ship nor will it fit our G.

galantebeige
06-12-2009, 05:59 PM
that sucks..
oh, well, you win some, you loose some.
Good info, though, keta11. Maybe I should go with something like this? :

;-)

BTW, very good work on the funny thread, from G-Spot.
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i98/clubtgc/mitsubishi_galanta.jpg

Kyleg
06-12-2009, 06:01 PM
and its eudm by looks of it, mirrors, glass headlights with raised indicator, and sandard eudm grill, might have to do some work to get it to fit, and to be fair it does look pretty bad, looks to flat and under designed, looks like a cyber2(?) bumper thats been flattened off, like a cheap knock off imho

galantebeige
06-12-2009, 06:44 PM
That's OK. Kyleg.
Personal tastes: Coke or Pepsi.....
I think the point of that kit is to be under-designed. It's not supposed to be "wild".
:-)

IVORY_G
06-12-2009, 10:28 PM
Front bumper doesnt look too bad, not feelin the lower middle, but its still different. The Sides & rear dont look good to me tho.
It would prob fit with the same mods that we do to get the JDM bumpers to fit. Which would invovle trimming or removing the Crashbar.
If you can find info on it to purchase it and like it then buy it, it's your car.

Reelax
06-13-2009, 04:26 AM
it wont fit our cars. I already contacted that website, I wanted the other bodykit but they said they would not ship nor will it fit our G.

it will fit. you will need JDM heads and grill and might have to modify the crashbar, but it will fit. if any of the other JDM bumpers fit our platform, then this will be no different... in fact another member bought a bumper from these guys (JOY TUNING, DIABLO) and made it fit so this kit should be no different. a few of us have JDM aftermarket bumpers (not JDM OE) and we got them to fit, so this should not b much more of a problem to install. if the company itself will not ship, a third party reseller (importer) will for sure. it's not hard to get, it just will cost more than anything available stateside.

Reelax
06-13-2009, 04:29 AM
Front bumper doesnt look too bad, not feelin the lower middle, but its still different. The Sides & rear dont look good to me tho.
It would prob fit with the same mods that we do to get the JDM bumpers to fit. Which would invovle trimming or removing the Crashbar.
If you can find info on it to purchase it and like it then buy it, it's your car.

yeah the first time i saw pictures of this bumper years ago, i posted that all it needed was a full length front splitter to fix the non-continuous middle section. a front splitter in CF would look very nice.

IVORY_G
06-13-2009, 08:12 AM
yeah the first time i saw pictures of this bumper years ago, i posted that all it needed was a full length front splitter to fix the non-continuous middle section. a front splitter in CF would look very nice.

Yeah that would help it.

galantebeige
06-13-2009, 08:32 AM
That's really good, guys, I think I will keep this one in my to-do-list, for when all the stars align....

:-)

4-G-rim
06-13-2009, 10:33 AM
Not feeling that center opening lip "sagging" look. Makes the kit look cheap...thats just me.

Censee
07-09-2009, 10:43 PM
man thats hideous

Kyleg
07-10-2009, 07:46 PM
it will fit. you will need JDM heads and grill and might have to modify the crashbar, but it will fit. if any of the other JDM bumpers fit our platform, then this will be no different... in fact another member bought a bumper from these guys (JOY TUNING, DIABLO) and made it fit so this kit should be no different. a few of us have JDM aftermarket bumpers (not JDM OE) and we got them to fit, so this should not b much more of a problem to install. if the company itself will not ship, a third party reseller (importer) will for sure. it's not hard to get, it just will cost more than anything available stateside.
Could also try and fit EUDM headlights aswell, they are better than the JDM ones, and should fit, as the EUDM and JDM are interchangable on the EUDM and JDM cars without modification.

I personally prefer the JDM heads, but EUDM heads, are two piece, indicators seperate, but the glass makes a massive difference on clarity in the light thats put out