PDA

View Full Version : Power windows work whenever they feel like it!

oneblach
06-14-2009, 03:01 PM
Hi all,

My power windows sometimes don't work on my '00 Galant ES. It takes several minutes of trying until they work again. ???? I tried switches on individual doors and none responds, then later they all work fine as if nothing happened. I don't have that problem with the sunroof.

Also, my keyless remote stopped working. At first I thought it was the battery, so I replaced it and it worked for couple months. So I replaced the battery again thinking maybe I accidentally drained it, but it didn't work again ever since.

Any ideas??

DFX
06-14-2009, 03:35 PM
could be a fuse. i had my 12v and mirrors go out on me, turned out i had just blown a fuse.

lonestar22
06-14-2009, 07:20 PM
my driver window does this randomly in cold climates, very randomly, like once every two months

oneblach
06-15-2009, 06:40 PM
My fuses were OK, but I switched them just the same. Still nothing...

01blackG
06-16-2009, 06:32 PM
Check out your battery terminals. Make sure they are clean and good. Then if you know some one that may be able to let you borrow their driver side switches for a moment do that and hook them to your car in place of yours. If that solves the problem then it means the drive side switch is shot. And if that switch is shot it will cause all the windows not to work.

Oh and also make sure the window lock switch is good or your not hitting it by mistake.

Good luck!

oneblach
08-07-2009, 09:40 PM
Update:
Bought a new remote from ebay and programmed it. Works like new.
Bought a used master power window switch and it got even worse. So I bought a brand new switch and it worked for few days without any problems but then it happened again. The windows just didn't respond when I pressed the buttons, but later they worked again. God I'm so frustrated!!!

00galantguy
08-07-2009, 11:56 PM
it sounds like a window motor but it would be kinda crazy for all four of them to go bad. But when my passenger side window motor went u could roll it down but ud only get half way rolling back up then wait ten mins to get another inch or so when u tried it again