PDA

View Full Version : Side markers??

blackphantom
06-15-2009, 10:48 AM
okay so i got these side markers that i bought on ebay. i've already put them in except i haven't wired them. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200335789372
need advice on wiring them in.

es_fact
06-15-2009, 11:10 AM
You should have gotten the JDM ones IMO, those are def not from a lancer... but either way. find your signal and parking light wires... those are the ones you wanna tap into.

I don't think it matters which you do. To me, RED means power.. so i would attach those into your parking lights because they are normally always on. The yellows would be attached to your signals...

fatal1
06-15-2009, 04:45 PM
yea its fairly simple...run the wiring through the fender and out of the hole with the rest of teh factry wiring. then the two wires hook up right into the parking light wires...i would suggest not using wire taps and actaully stripping soldering being the engine bay obviously has a lot of vibration

Reelax
06-15-2009, 04:57 PM
how do you want them to behave... there are 2 ways of doing it. you can have them turn on and flash in sync w/ your signals, or you can have them turn on w/ your parking lights then blink out of sync w/ your signals (but in sync when you parking lights are off).

for the first setup, wire the negative to the ground on the parking bulb (or any body ground) and the positive to the signal positive of the corner bulb.

for the second setup, wire the negative to the parking light positive and the positive the signal light positive from the corner bulb; sounds weird but the bulb will find a ground throught the flasher circuit so that it will illuminate when the parking light goes on or when the signal light goes on, but not when both go on.

blackphantom
06-15-2009, 09:13 PM
okay. everything seems to make sense but how do you know which wire to strip? the signal light has three wires coming out and so does the parking light. so which one do i strip? don't what to take a chance or strip them all to test it out. but you know what i mean.

Team Helotes
06-16-2009, 12:31 AM
Get a VOM and probe the wires you will not have to strip them.

es_fact
06-16-2009, 09:24 AM
Yeah i prefer not to strip anything in case you ever want to go back, you wont have to heat shrink the wire...

Reelax
06-16-2009, 04:15 PM
crimp wire taps will work fine... personally, i prefer to cut and pull back a small section of insulation on the wires and just wrap the new wire around, solder then tape or shrink wrap. it's really very easy to do.