PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question for people w/ the Bosal Prosport Muffler:

KNJGalant2002
02-14-2003, 04:32 PM
Hi,

I just got the Bosal Prosport Muffler and I was wondering if it is better to weld it on or clamp it on? Also is this muffler a direct fit?

Thanks,
Kristy

BlankMan
02-14-2003, 05:00 PM
No, it's not a direct fit, per se. Mounted as needed to line up with the exhaust cut out in the bumber, your installer will need to fabricate and weld a short piece of piping to make a slight "s" curve from where the stock exhaust comes out by the axle to where the connection is made to the muffler. Hope that made sense.

As to bolt or weld? Weld it. I don't see how you could bolt it on without first welding on flanges to the exahust pipe and the mufller - too much work for the same result, if you ask me.

J

pinoyesv6
02-14-2003, 07:56 PM
welding a universal muffler is the only way to go. if u don't have a muffler on ur car now and ur just running str8 pipe, i guess u can just clamp that bad boy in but make sure that its on tight. and only drive ur car when ur gonna get it welded on. if ur just gonna keep if clamped on, well tell me where u live and thanks 4 the muffler lol

KNJGalant2002
02-14-2003, 09:33 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PinoyESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'>welding a universal muffler is the only way to go. if u don't have a muffler on ur car now and ur just running str8 pipe, i guess u can just clamp that bad boy in but make sure that its on tight. and only drive ur car when ur gonna get it welded on. if ur just gonna keep if clamped on, well tell me where u live and thanks 4 the muffler lol</div>

Yea that's what I thought too about clamping it on. I figured it would be way to easy for people to steal it. Thanks.