PDA

View Full Version : coilovers or Lowering springs???? your opinion.....

ViciousLord
02-14-2003, 04:46 PM
so what do u people think??? and why???..... i mean come on u gotta have a reason why.... coilovers or Springs???

and by the way im getting KYB AGXs with them

pinoyesv6
02-14-2003, 07:56 PM
if u are planning for a kit, get the coilovers so u can fine tune ur drop. if ur just gonna keep it stock on the outside, get the springs since springs will give u an overall better ride.

Ghost Beat
02-15-2003, 04:06 PM
just what pinoy said i got coils caus im getting a kit if your not gona do all that go with springs your ride will be better but you wont be able to adjust the height on it unless you fit a lot of overweight people in there or something... anyway get springs if your not planning on a kit bascialy just repeating what pinoy said.

Supernova
02-15-2003, 07:15 PM
I'm planning on getting a kit.... one day, but i'm going to get Progress springs. It will be a loooong time before I get a kit, so I can always take off the springs sell them or somthing and then install coilover when i'm ready for the kit.

ViciousLord
02-16-2003, 01:39 PM
alright then, Eibach springs it is......

im just worried about the gap up front..... im getting 17s i want a nice drop................... i would get 18s but i havent found any that meet my weight limits

and by the way u think ill need a camber kit? Eibach says they will drop 1.5 inches in front and 1.0 in the back

2True
02-16-2003, 03:30 PM
Nah you won't need one with just Eibach springs. Unless a .05 is gonna make a huge difference to you... drag racing it could, you never know.

I had the Eibachs and GR-2 setup for a year and a half, rode great and with AGX's you'll be money.

My front dropped 1.2 in the front. Still leaves almost and inch and a half to 2" gap :?

Supernova
02-16-2003, 03:31 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ViciousLord)</div><div class='quotemain'>alright then, Eibach springs it is......

im just worried about the gap up front..... im getting 17s i want a nice drop................... i would get 18s but i havent found any that meet my weight limits

and by the way u think ill need a camber kit? Eibach says they will drop 1.5 inches in front and 1.0 in the back</div>

The lower the drop, the better a chance that you'll need a camber kit. So wow knows. I know Chromegalant installed Progress(2.0 front 1.8 rear) on his 2002 Es i4, and he didn't need a camber kit. Some cars need them, and some don't. I sure hope mine doesn't.

Lazarus
02-16-2003, 05:45 PM
Springs by far. I had springs first and the car sat nice a good ride and everything. Then I went to coilovers because I got a full kit installed and I wanted to be able to adjust the height for shows. Now I have had the privaledge or riding on both and I want springs again.

I'll ride on the stock springs before I ride on coilovers again :roll:

NRG
02-16-2003, 05:52 PM
Coilovers.........I just got my Progress and I regret it so much because the drop just isn't cutting it.......Its still sits way too high!! I can still put 4 fingers in the front and 2-3 fingers in the rear.......Thats way too much gap for my taste......!!!

But maybe you like gaps......... https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

Lazarus
02-16-2003, 06:06 PM
only gaps I like are Car lengths. But when I had my Progress I had no gap in the rear and a small one in the front. If I had a pic of mine with the 18"s on it I would show you but I cant find them

ChromeGalant
02-16-2003, 06:33 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>I just got my Progress and I regret it so much because the drop just isn't cutting it.......Its still sits way too high!! I can still put 4 fingers in the front and 2-3 fingers in the rear.......Thats way too much gap for my taste......!!! </div>

:shock: 4 fingers? With progress and 18"s? I got 18s and 35 series tires (Very thin).. and my gap is 3 fingers in the front....I guess differs per car?

I had to go check.. heres a pic I just took..
http://www.gatgc.net/banners/3fingers.JPG
[/img]

DANJ - Progress Also.. front and back

http://users.bestweb.net/~beaner/newrims.jpg

MRJAY D - Progress.

http://images.cardomain.com/installs/169000-169999/169999_5_full.jpg

ViciousLord
02-16-2003, 06:47 PM
see i like those drops, not to low and not to high..... just right

does anybody have pics of a 7g on 17s with Eibach springs?............

nsg123
02-27-2003, 08:08 AM
This is my ride with coilovers and bodykit, the works basically, I am changing the whole thing in march so i willl show some more pics, I wanted to know though, do Eibach sportline springs fit the i4 or are they only for V6

Actually i dont know how to get a picture from my computer oin to here so i will figure that out and then do it, but i pick springs, coilovers are way to noisey and the ride sucks

Dominicano
02-27-2003, 01:10 PM
:shock: 4 fingers? With progress and 18"s? I got 18s and 35 series tires (Very thin).. and my gap is 3 fingers in the front....I guess differs per car?

do you have a v6 or I4 because i think that NRG has I4 thats why the gap is more.