PDA

View Full Version : when do i spray?????? NEED HELP

Faction
02-15-2003, 11:50 PM
ok i been sitting on the computer in the garage thinking of when i spray my nitrous!! :evil: ahh! its driving me crazy! im getting a safe 50 shot ZEX and not sure how to spray it at the track when i do i my 1/4 mile times. and how many uses is a 10 pound bottle good for???? thanks for any help !

Auto-9
02-16-2003, 12:33 AM
Here's what my installer told me. With my automatic tranny in my 8g Galant, I can use nitrous from 2nd gear onwards. 1st gear you're not going to accomplish much. Floor it so it registers WOT and allows you to spray and spray away. During gear changes don't spray...either let up on the gas if that's the way you control your nitrous or turn off the switch, once it hooks up again spray once more. I was told a 50 shot lasts a good 5 to 7 runs in the quarter mile or about 3 minutes of use on a 10 pound bottle. I honestly don't know...I have been spraying like crazy on my 75 shot and when I went to weigh the bottle I still had 6 pounds of nitrous left. Hope this helps you out.

Faction
02-16-2003, 10:42 AM
thanks dude

HeadAche
02-17-2003, 11:43 AM
the only time you should spray really from experience, is during second gear, and at the top of third gear.. By the time you hit the top of third gear you should be at about 1/8mile, so you will definately have time for the speed to pick up before you hit the timing line..