PDA

View Full Version : eibach sportlines

Sowndwayv
02-16-2003, 12:43 AM
I am currently thinking about purchasing the Eibach Sportline springs. The cheaperst i found them was for $184 for the 3g Eclipse. My question is: they are advertised to drop the eclipse 2 inches...if i install them on an 8g will the drop be greater? if so, then how much (will they settle?), i am also planning on gettin shocks a little later on, will this increase the drop any? The reason i ask is because i want a reputable good riding spring that dosnt lower my car to the point or requiring a camber kit.

pinoyesv6
02-16-2003, 12:52 AM
shocks don't lower ur car. springs do. the springs are made for a 3g but the 3g and galant weigh almost the same. just the difference of like the people in the car and the system. so the drop rate won't vary by that much

Sowndwayv
02-16-2003, 01:30 AM
The galant prokits says 1.2/1.0 drop, and the eclipse says 1.6/1.4, would i get a greater drop if i installed the eclipse Pro Kits on my galant?

mochanges
02-16-2003, 10:35 AM
You will get a greater drop than advertised when you install Eclipse springs on the Galant. Unfortunately, I don't know how much more. If you go to http://www.blak94gsx.com/ ('http://www.blak94gsx.com/') and check out his Galant, you will see that he used Eclipse springs on his Galant. That may give you an idea of how low it will be.

-Mohammad

Lazarus
02-16-2003, 05:43 PM
Where did you find them for that price? I am redoing my suspension again and I am going back to springs. I wanted the Eibachs because it wasn't that much of a drop.

pinoyesv6
02-16-2003, 06:03 PM
check out adventon.com. and o yea if ur getting rid of the coils and they needa home...holla back

Lazarus
02-16-2003, 06:10 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PinoyESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'>check out adventon.com. and o yea if ur getting rid of the coils and they needa home...holla back</div>

They have a home man. as much as I hate pollution (Well a messy house anyways) I decided I am going to chuck them into the ocean. I wouldn't with these things on my worse enemy. I have a box with some GCs in them I haven't had the chance to see if everything is in the set but I believe it's all there.

I cant order the Eibachs as for the V6 if I have the I4 Can i?

DeBull
02-21-2003, 11:06 PM
I have eibach sportlines for an eclipse spyder and its damn low...the back is actually too low right now i have to do something but not sure what to fix that, and thats with no one in it or no system right now. My rear tires tuck about 1/4 inch right now. The front is perfect but i may swap out my rear for the prokit or just put the rubber bushings back in. We'll see. Check my www for pics, i cant remember how to post.

Dram3000
02-27-2003, 02:44 AM
The galant prokits says 1.2/1.0 drop, and the eclipse says 1.6/1.4, would i get a greater drop if i installed the eclipse Pro Kits on my galant?

I had the Eibach Pro-Kit springs for the 3G on my 2001 I-4 Galant.

Prior to installing them, I figured that since I have an I-4 - the 1.6" drop in front would only be in the neighborhood of maybe 1.3"-1.4" (which is what I wanted). The actual drop, with accurate before and after measurements, was 2.2" in front. The back measurement was a 2.0" drop. Way lower than I had imagined.

I too, did my homework and thought about the weights differences and so on, between the 3G and 8G I-4. But for whatever reason, the 8G just sits those springs down really far. And the ride was so ridiculously bouncy, I removed them a little after 2 weeks to prevent blowing my stock struts. I can't imagine how much more of a drop and how much worse the ride would be if I had a V-6.

Also it produced very visible negative camber.

Although we know some 3G parts can be interchangable with 8G stuff, in this specific case the aftermarket company is correct. Meaning, the spring may physically fit, but it just isn't designed for that car.

I have friends with 3Gs and the exact same Eibach springs, and the ride is very nice, not too much off stock. I was really hoping for the same thing for the Galant, just wasn't meant to be I guess.

For the record, at the time I installed those springs, my car only has 16K miles on it, so my stock struts were fine.

Sowndwayv
02-27-2003, 08:47 AM
Thats good to know, thanks for the info Dram3000 :?. I just got me some Tein springs for the 3g which claimed 1.7/1.5 for them, hopefully it wont slam my ride too bad. If all the springs end up like ur case the drop will be a little much for me, the number one thing im trying to avoid is camber issues. The springs havnt come in yet, but i'll keep people updated if interested.

nsg123
02-27-2003, 10:10 AM
How do i get pictures of my car on here, and do Eibach sportline springs fit the i4 or only the V6 of the 8G

Sowndwayv
02-27-2003, 02:50 PM
if theres a suspension product that would fit the i4, then it would fit the v6 as well. im assuming the only difference would be that the front is a bit heavier on the v6 becuase its a bigger engine

seth98esT
02-27-2003, 02:54 PM
How do i get pictures of my car on here, and do Eibach sportline springs fit the i4 or only the V6 of the 8G

go to www.imagestation.com and upload the pictures...then right click on the pic and copy the addy and past it here inbetween the and brackets