PDA

View Full Version : 8g rear chassis question?

G-spot
06-25-2009, 03:38 PM
I have a couple questions in response to DOHCstunr's recent for sale thread and Boostzealot's suspension GB. I know the front chassis are different from the jdm model. My question is how similar is the usdm 8g rear suspension crossmember to a 7g or a 2g Eclipse? 4 years ago I installed a rear tie bar made for the 95-99 Eclipse which fit fine. My other question is that can other suspension parts made for that crossmember fit? I dunno, let's grab an example like a Tanabe rear unberbrace made for the 95-99 Eclipse.
http://jazzsidd.s3.amazonaws.com/tanabe/TUB005R.jpg

I'm guessing where this is going to bolt will be the two bolts underneath where the lower rear tie bar is housed. Once again, that is not the question I'm asking...

BTW, I just want a reasonable answer with a reasonable explanation. No bs answer or how my mugen front lip has any relavence to this thread. If you don't know, don't answer. Any such answer, your post may be edited/deleted.

/thanks

kolio
06-25-2009, 03:50 PM
i know mko swaped some rear suspension parts from an 8G to his 7G. it was the rear control arms and lower control arms. the sway bar aslo fit. so i would say they are close enough.

G-spot
06-25-2009, 03:52 PM
I remember mko doing that thanks

rez887
06-25-2009, 04:14 PM
Pete why you don't post on h-town july meeting page anymore?