PDA

View Full Version : Suprastick on G

koji464
06-26-2009, 10:55 PM
4 the people who know what this is, this would be an awesome mod.
just one thing, how would the 7G tranny hold up to this kinda deal??

Fully programmable to adjust shift firmness, rpm downshift limits

Complete control over the shifting of the car - any gear can be taken to redline, and shifts may be initiated at any time( use the 7g cruise contoll stick:up=dwn shift,down=upshift IN=neutral paddle shift:smilegrin:)

Roughly 400 twigs for the kit and the cost of a lcd screen and other small tid bits and endz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYcrRMxiw9Y

Iam really looking into this...........................

mko
06-26-2009, 11:28 PM
It has been done before, nothing new. Its a complete waste of money to put on 7g. Our auto trannies are junk.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/vendor-announcements/339241-sale-automatic-shift-box-1gs-2gs.html

Expand your search, if you did any

skrap
06-27-2009, 01:32 PM
yea ull just blow the tranny...... they are garbage. If you want to control your shifting then do the manual swap. Trust me you will be a lot happier with your performance.

seth98esT
06-27-2009, 01:48 PM
Those "paddles" are a horrible idea. True paddles should be mounted to the column and not move with the wheel. This mod would only be good for messing around or the cool factor. Even on a drag strip you have torque steer and it would be hard to shift, always having to have your right hand on the wheel with your finger on the 'shifter'.

Cool idea otherwise though, not worth $400, not worth it on a stock 7g auto trans.

Fishboy55
06-27-2009, 03:43 PM
thats dumb as shit....how do you downshift in a turn without twisting the shit out of your hand??

koji464
06-28-2009, 05:42 PM
thats dumb as shit....how do you downshift in a turn without twisting the shit out of your hand??

lol!

G Vice
07-05-2009, 07:44 PM

Hey Chip how have you been buddy? You still have the G huh?? I miss mine...I am looking for one to pick up soon hopefully, I need a good commute car.

4-G-rim
07-05-2009, 09:24 PM
I would really consider building up a higher HP motor before you even dump money into this type of paddle shifting. Doing this on a stock motor is kinda of pointless...IMO.

I would just do a 5speed swap and perfect your gear shifting skills. Unless you plan on doing some serious racing, there is no need to spend $$$ on a paddle shifting system on your car.

Then again...its your money and your car, just sharing a opinion.

evil-G-nius
07-06-2009, 01:27 AM
I have a 5 speed now...my car has no problem hitting the redline. Go 5 speed its better. The automatic cant handle daily driving, there is no way this would hold up to the abuse driving it to redline even once

master_visionary
10-10-2012, 02:10 AM
Lol I wold do this just to see how much fun it takes to kill the auto before a swap
I know they are generally accepted as crap but hey mine had a quarter million miles
On it with 3 quarts of Pennzoil no slip at 115 .

Sorry I'm digging through the forums scanning all things 7g

peanotation
10-24-2012, 08:51 AM
5spd swap. nothing else even comes close.

w/oarctic7g
10-24-2012, 12:19 PM
I am also considering a shiftbox for my awd project not sure if it will be a suprasick, roadsurge or forced four. This seems like the easiest and cheapest way to go to control the auto.

master_visionary
10-24-2012, 01:50 PM
you race yours at a track dont you

w/oarctic7g
10-24-2012, 03:37 PM
I have a couple 7g's fwd for the dirt track converted to 5speed. I also have a awd project which is what I am talking about in this thread that has an auto.

master_visionary
10-24-2012, 04:23 PM
Well good luck