PDA

View Full Version : Brakes light not working properly?

cg1349
06-28-2009, 09:43 PM
I just noticed this today as I was following my wife's '99 ES-V6 Galant. The left brake light does not turn on and neither does the top center brake light (behind the back window). When you turn the lights on for night time driving, both rear lights are on, but as soon as you step on the brake, the left brake light goes off and only the right one turns on. The center light never turns on. Any ideas on how to fix this? Is it a fuse or bulb problem? I hope I don't have to replace the entire rear lights.

Mike_Rom
06-28-2009, 10:25 PM
Sounds to me like you just have to replace the bulbs. Both are way easy to replace. I just replaced my brake light last week.

wright06jhs
06-28-2009, 11:51 PM
Yea, replace the bulbs and go from there. Does it have a spoiler? If so it has the LED light bar and im not sure how you would go about purchasing that to replace it.

raks_22
06-29-2009, 12:35 AM
my car dont have stop lights :(
i dont know why!

wright06jhs
06-29-2009, 01:09 AM
my car dont have stop lights :(
i dont know why!

Um thats odd. So when you push your brake pedals, theres no lights that come on in the back of your car? If not id say the bulbs are blown.

cg1349
06-29-2009, 12:52 PM
Yea, replace the bulbs and go from there. Does it have a spoiler? If so it has the LED light bar and im not sure how you would go about purchasing that to replace it.

No, it does not have a spoiler. How do I replace the bulbs? The bulbs are obviously inside the back light casing. How do I get in there?

wright06jhs
06-29-2009, 06:42 PM
No, it does not have a spoiler. How do I replace the bulbs? The bulbs are obviously inside the back light casing. How do I get in there?

The tail lights have to be taken off to get to the bulb. Pull the carpet back and i believe there's like 3 nuts holding it on. Then the third brake light is accessible from inside the trunk right under where it is inside the car.

cg1349
06-30-2009, 10:43 AM
The tail lights have to be taken off to get to the bulb. Pull the carpet back and i believe there's like 3 nuts holding it on. Then the third brake light is accessible from inside the trunk right under where it is inside the car.

Okay, thanks. I'll try that.

wright06jhs
06-30-2009, 12:45 PM
Welcome.