PDA

View Full Version : KYB AGX settings

GSpeed
06-29-2009, 06:04 PM
Found this interesting discussion on Club 3G with regard to KYB AGX settings
http://www.club3g.com/forum/wheels-t...-settings.html

I'm interested in feedback from 8 Gen. Galant members who have KYB AGX struts, and what settings are used with current suspension setup. I have front and rear set to 2 with RMDSM sway bars, Road Racing strut bar, Tien springs, Energy Suspension control arm and sway bar bushings, Deyeme Racing polyurethane engine mounts, D3 chasis kit. It handles better than OEM, but feel there is room for improvement. Thought changing setting to 3 in rear may help.
Also, does anyone have 225/45R17 wheels installed? If so, any fitment issues? I currently have 215/45R17 tires & wheels from 06 Eclipse. The load capacity of this set up is only 1201 lbs. with 36 PSI in front and 33 PSI in rear. The 225/45R17 is virtually the same diameter as my OEM size(P205/55R16) and load capacity (1213 lbs) when inflated to 33 PSI front and 30 PSI rear. The 225/45R17 would meet load requirements for my 02 Galant ES-V6 ( but wanted to verify that the vehicle has adequate clearance for the increase in tire width and that my current wheels are within the approved width range of 7.0 to 8.5 inches.

WhiteGalant
06-29-2009, 06:38 PM
I run 4 all the way around and OEM eclipse strut bar, feel there is alot of room for improvement. Need better tires as well as chassis stiffening kit and sway bars. Try setting your shocks to 4 it will make the car more responsive, but stiffer. Less chassis roll

GSpeed
06-30-2009, 08:56 AM
WhiteGalant, does stiffness increase with numbers (4 being very stiff) or decrease? So a setting of 1 would be similar to OEM, yes?

bronxbombr
06-30-2009, 10:00 AM
1 is bouncy like a civic, 2 is ok. set all on 4 and you got a nice racecar that sticks to the ground but you feel every bump and crack in the road.

greddy
06-30-2009, 12:15 PM
I ran 3 all around when I had it with eibach springs, my supporting mods were DC strut tower bar and ST rear sway bar with 235/45 R 17s all around, I have the same setup now except I'm on megan coilovers, I ran it at three because my car was a daily and I honestly got sick of killing my kidneys when it was set on 4, just play around with it and pick a setting to your own liking everyone is different and the AGX are so easily adjustable.

GSpeed
06-30-2009, 02:51 PM
bronxbombr, Just driving around the Bronx I'm sure you'll feel every bump in the road without the modifications! LOL
greddy, you stated you had 235/45 R 17s all around, any issues with fittment on vehicle? What wheels do you have installed (width range of 7.0 to 8.5 inches)?

Danger DANJ
06-30-2009, 02:57 PM
On the AGX's, 4 is the stiffest. I run 4 in the rear and 2 up front with H&R springs. I also have the D3 chassis stiffening kit, an Addco rear sway bar, Polyurethane front sway bar bushings and a 3G Eclipse OEM front strut bar. The handling is nowhere near as good as with the Tein SS-P dampers I had, but the ratio of comfort to handling is rather good with the setup I have now. I can even set the front AGX's to 4 and still be fairly comfortable compared to how stiff the Teins were.