PDA

View Full Version : Gauges

Galantman03
06-30-2009, 12:29 PM
So i was thinking the other day, there isn't many options out there for gauge clusters for our car, and what i was wondering is has any tried to put autolite gauges in for there speedometer, rpm, fuel, and temp gauges as a replacement for there stock cluster? just kinda curious if it would work, and if if it could, where could i get a wiring diagram of the guage cluster...

diablos991
06-30-2009, 12:39 PM
Anything is possible, just takes a lot of work.

Chances are, you would have to wire up each of those gauges independently and just fab up a way to mount them into the cluster area.

fatal1
06-30-2009, 05:56 PM
you should b3 able to tap into the stock wiring and use the stock sensors i would imagine...however it s definately time consuming and to have it look god in the cluster i hope your good with fiberglass

Galantman03
07-01-2009, 11:16 AM
i'm decent with fiber glass lol, but so this can work, say with auto lite gauges? i was told that it couldn't because gauges are analog, and our cluster is digital, and trying to make it work wouldn't and so on and so forth... intersting, cool cool, so any ideas on where i could find a wiring diagram?

Fresh_617
12-16-2009, 09:29 AM
is there anyway to get the euro cluster into our cars....those look sick
while on the subject is there anyway to get the digital climate control that the euro galants also come with....stock....?

Reelax
12-16-2009, 04:26 PM
transpanting in the digital climate control from worldspec galants would involve much more than just the control unit... those galants use digital controls whereas US versionsion use mechanical controls. you would need to transplant the control unit, all the electronics/modules and motors that respond to the worldspec controls. it is possible but not a simple bolt up affair.

Galantman03
01-13-2010, 04:43 PM
now.... since it is possbile to rewire the cluster with autometer guages, do you think a Hanyes manual would have a wiring diagram of the guage cluster circut board and the two plugs labled with color of wire/ function of that wire? If not, how would i go about finding a wiring diagram for the cluster...

pinoyesv6
01-13-2010, 04:59 PM
now.... since it is possbile to rewire the cluster with autometer guages, do you think a Hanyes manual would have a wiring diagram of the guage cluster circut board and the two plugs labled with color of wire/ function of that wire? If not, how would i go about finding a wiring diagram for the cluster...

why don't u just download the FSM and read it. its here, its free, its probably one of the most detailed publications you will find for the 8g and lastly its made by the people who made the car.

Galantman03
01-13-2010, 05:13 PM
yeah i'll give that a try...

turbo freak
01-14-2010, 02:09 AM
i have an Autometer A/F ratio (narrowband) gauge that i will sell cheap. never been wired.

WhiteGalant
01-14-2010, 10:57 AM
i have an Autometer A/F ratio (narrowband) gauge that i will sell cheap. never been wired.

Totally useless gauge.

turbo freak
01-14-2010, 02:12 PM
haha i know. thats why im selling it