PDA

View Full Version : anti lock brake light

laosboyroy
02-16-2003, 02:30 PM
well I f the Anti lock brake light is on in the car does it mean that its broke or what it stays on all the time in my car now and i hate that orange color so its gotta go you know.

peanotation
02-16-2003, 02:33 PM
i think it means the abs system has failed or has been turned off, but i'm no 100% sure. call an auto garage, and they'll tell you.

manybrews
02-16-2003, 02:35 PM
DUDE!

you desperatly need some punctuation in that sentance.

laosboyroy
02-16-2003, 02:41 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(manybrews)</div><div class='quotemain'>DUDE!

you desperatly need some punctuation in that sentance.</div>
OK that did not help me at all but thank you anyway period :wink:
ok form now on everyone can call me run on sentance boy im too lazy to put comas and shit period

IllestGalant
02-16-2003, 09:22 PM
The ABS light is on because there is a diagnostic trouble code for the abs system. It means that the car defaults to no operation of the abs braking system due to malfunctions. I could be caused by a bad abs module, or
by bad wiring or connectors, could be missing a wheel speed sensor, make sure they are all connected to the hubs.

JiP
02-16-2003, 10:39 PM
From Chiltons:

ABS Light:
a. Check the wheel sensors and sensor rings for debris, and clean as necessary.

b. check the brake master cyl for fluid leakage or seal failure and replace as necessary.

c. check the ABS control unit, pump proporting valves for proper operation, replace as necessary.

d. check the sensor wiring at the wheel sensors and abs control unit for a lose or shorted wire, repair as necessary.

good luck lol

laosboyroy
02-17-2003, 12:07 AM
humm alright i got it. yah ill just check it at checkers or something.

IllestGalant
02-17-2003, 06:51 AM
ummmm checkers