PDA

View Full Version : My Subaru Legacy Got Owned =(

IceDouTGaLanT
07-02-2009, 04:50 PM
Good News: It was forecasted for rain today, So i drove the Legacy =)

Bad News: It was the Legacy =(

Coming home from work, theirs on going construction on route 13/40 where its 2 lanes. I'm in the right lane driving and in the left lane the road is un-paved with a bump. A Construction truck is in the left lane and hits the bump, i see his metal cage fly in the air into my lane. I brake hard as hell, which i think saved us from getting hurt since the metal crate thing would of hit the windshield. Luckily it hit the hood,fender headlight & grill the guy pulled over, and said i seen you try to avoid but sorry i dont know why it fly up. Called his boss, he came down gave me all their info and said dont worry we will take care of this. Went home called progressive and started the claim process. Im glad we didn't get hurt, since that could of caused some serious damage if it went threw the windshield. At-least the little rock chips on the hood wont be their any more on the bright side, those were really bugging me =)

The missing metal bar is what hit me!:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y151/IcedoutGalant/Legacy%202/eew.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y151/IcedoutGalant/Legacy%202/photo.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y151/IcedoutGalant/Legacy%202/IMG_0349.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y151/IcedoutGalant/Legacy%202/IMG_0352.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y151/IcedoutGalant/Legacy%202/IMG_0351.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y151/IcedoutGalant/Legacy%202/IMG_0350.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y151/IcedoutGalant/Legacy%202/IMG_0353.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y151/IcedoutGalant/Legacy%202/IMG_0354.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y151/IcedoutGalant/Legacy%202/IMG_0355.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y151/IcedoutGalant/Legacy%202/IMG_0357.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y151/IcedoutGalant/Legacy%202/IMG_0358.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y151/IcedoutGalant/Legacy%202/IMG_0359.jpg

stvn_mj
07-02-2009, 05:11 PM
Good thing there were no injuries. I dread thinking about being in some sort if accident. As long as it get taken care of its all good.

qnz
07-02-2009, 05:27 PM
thats not so bad. glad youre ok Ron

02redgalant
07-02-2009, 05:38 PM
Glad there taking care of it..this could of been alot more serious...

IVORY_G
07-02-2009, 05:44 PM
Thats why Ever since I saw Final Destination 2, I never stay behind trucks. Glad ur ok.

Censee
07-02-2009, 06:43 PM
umm is it me or does that 2nd pic look like a picture of a midgets leg?

blue8g
07-02-2009, 06:45 PM
that's not too bad...thank god for two things: no one was hurt (By far most important), you weren't in the G!

blue8g
07-02-2009, 06:46 PM

hahah i totally see it now

johnygezony
07-02-2009, 06:46 PM

LMAO it does....

ShiZnitH
07-02-2009, 07:03 PM
:lol: Had to look twice :P

Glad u are okay but the poor Legacy :(

bglocc
07-02-2009, 07:20 PM
Thats why Ever since I saw Final Destination 2, I never stay behind trucks. Glad ur ok.

I'm the same way.

Glad your ok, good thing nobody was hurt. I work for Progressive, and the one thing they seem to do good is Claims, so hopefully everything goes good.

IceDouTGaLanT
07-02-2009, 07:31 PM
Thanks guys, yeah the guy was kinda overweight and short lol. Yeah I called progessive they seem very easy to deal with, told me take it where I want or their reccomended shop. I'm going to take it to the dealer since I know everything will be oem and done right. I think if it was my galant it woulda been bad that cf hood with of been a goner.

9G
07-02-2009, 08:08 PM
dang

galant350z
07-02-2009, 09:11 PM
Thanks guys, yeah the guy was kinda overweight and short lol. Yeah I called progessive they seem very easy to deal with, told me take it where I want or their reccomended shop. I'm going to take it to the dealer since I know everything will be oem and done right. I think if it was my galant it woulda been bad that cf hood with of been a goner.

i would make sure the dealership is actually fixing your car because most of the time they have they own shops around the area and when it comes to business/profit, dealers are never on your side. also i am not sure if the dealership will determine what parts to use because the insurance company is paying for it and they are going to go cheap.

IceDouTGaLanT
07-02-2009, 09:37 PM
Thank you for that tip, I will ask if they out source and use oem parts or not. If they dont, ill take them to my bodyshop that did my work on my G, since they did a great job.

es_fact
07-02-2009, 10:09 PM
That is not entirely true :)

This is the way it works Ron, I work for a high end body shop, we only do collision repairs, and we are preferred by every BMW, Porsche, Mazda, and KIA dealerships in Toronto, along with a handful of insurance companies.

What happens in cases like this, where the companies insurance pays for the damage is a very simple process. Not anything like a single client or personal claim.

You can go to ANY shop, doesn't have to be in the shop list for your insurance, you reserve that right. DON'T go to the dealers because their methods are far from professional, and take A LOT of shortcuts to get the job done.

What happens now is that you should find a respectable shop, hopefully a high end as your legacy seems to be in great shape. Go in, ask for a tour of the shop, tell them to show you the paint booth, prep station and plastic/sheet metal stations. Once your are happy with the shop, show them your car, ask for an estimate and tell you want everything new and oem, no aftermarket. A good shop will honor this, and will fight to the death with the insurance company :) Obviously this will take a little longer, but if you want the job done properly, that's what you have to do. Tell them you will come in once in a while to check on the progress because you are very interested on the vehicles repairs. This will ensure they don't fuck you by ordering things behind your back. The insurance company will have no room for objections and will do everything as requested.

Once your vehicle is done and ready, make sure you look at it top to bottom, don't neglect one panel, look all over for over spray, and things that may not have been there. look for dust and prints where ever things were painted... look for dry spots around hard areas to polish, and make sure the shop guarantees their work.

Don't be afraid to ask for things, and if something is not quite up to your standards, bring it to their attention and get them to fix it.

One last thing is to double check the car in the sunlight because shop lights hide small imperfections that may be visible in the sun.

Good luck with your repairs Ron, and don't hesitate to PM me if you have any questions... I may have an answer :)

galant350z
07-02-2009, 10:16 PM
^ cannot go wrong with what he said.

IceDouTGaLanT
07-02-2009, 10:23 PM
That is very great advice, thank you for that i really appreciate that I will check out these shops that are consider very good in the area and check out their location. This is supposed to be a very good shop here.

http://www.mastertechcollision.com/

es_fact
07-02-2009, 10:30 PM
FOUR CAR PREP STATION!!! lmao.. thats huge :)

they seem to have a great set up, if those machines they mentioned are actually on site i'm impressed lol

thats alot of expensive equipment lol. give them a call and pass by, they seem pretty legit.

Also keep in mind that the bigger shops are more of a mass production routine followers. meaning they may over see alot of problems... but since they back their shit lifetime... you don't have to worry about your pain chipping... EVER

IceDouTGaLanT
07-02-2009, 11:48 PM
yeah i went their for my galant they quoted me almost 5K for paint so i left lol, it looked like a very clean shop. I might see if they can paint these mirrors i have on the side. Thanks again for your input.

kolio
07-03-2009, 01:14 AM
sorry to hear ron. hope you get it fixed and have some cash left over

es_fact
07-03-2009, 08:20 AM
Any time, keep us updated :)

Ivory8g
07-03-2009, 12:58 PM

i do the same thing! glad you're ok ron!

mrjaydeeone
07-03-2009, 09:29 PM
Glad you are alright Ron and that it wasnt the G

IceDouTGaLanT
07-08-2009, 09:58 PM
Hey guys the other insurance companies adjuster is coming to my house tomorrow. Is their anything i should tell him? im going to ask for OEM parts but anything else?

es_fact
07-08-2009, 10:00 PM
Tell him that you want everything OEM and brand new, you wanna see a copy of the repair order before the repairs start (which you will scan and post here and i'll tell you whats up) and try to get a cool rental :D

IceDouTGaLanT
07-08-2009, 10:07 PM
Hey thanks, i think their going to give me a check. If they do and i go to a bodyshop and its not enough will they be reasonable to pay more? I will scan a copy of the parts, i want all OEM since its a brand new car. I dont think we going for the rental, since im 24 & not 25 i doubt they will let me use it unless my parents put it in their name. And my pops like the very legal strict type were he wouldn't let me touch it lol

This is what i think needs to be fix'd or replaced Visually:

OEM headlight
OEM Grill
OEM hood
OEM fender
Paint chips in bumper size of dime

The bumper also does not line up, so im sure something else is messed up

9G
07-08-2009, 11:12 PM
nah. i was driving a rental when was like 22 when my car was in the repair shop. just make sure you tell the other insurance to cover all the cost(additional for <25).

es_fact
07-08-2009, 11:15 PM
well if the shop says the cost is more, they will write their own estimate with a section of the "additionals" these are what the insurance will try to fight, but normally loose unless your trying to include something ridiculous lol... I tried a carbon hood.. they almost went for it...

and mention the bumber thing... you may have a broken tab or something :) which means.. OEM front cover assembly! :)

IceDouTGaLanT
07-08-2009, 11:24 PM
oh okay thanks this is why i asked since people have experiences. Ill ask for a rental now, see what they give less miles on the G haha. Guess ill update this tomorrow with the quote he gave. Im guessing right under 2,500K

IceDouTGaLanT
07-09-2009, 01:04 PM
Adjuster came out today took notes & pics, she told me she will forward the estimate to their insurance. I call the other drivers insurance and asked will they use OEM parts they said they dont know depends on what their insurance says. wtf is that about? somebody hit my car and i cant ask for OEM parts? I called the body shop they said depends on what they listed on the quote.

blue8g
07-09-2009, 02:26 PM
oh okay thanks this is why i asked since people have experiences. Ill ask for a rental now, see what they give less miles on the G haha. Guess ill update this tomorrow with the quote he gave. Im guessing right under 2,500K

nice 2.5 million dollars for repairs!

:P

es_fact
07-09-2009, 02:32 PM
dont take that from them, you reserve the right to request brand new oem parts, after all it is your car and they are doing this for you. Call the insurance company tomorro after they receive the estimate and tell them that this estimate needs to be adjusted for all new oem parts as you want nothing but the best for your vehicle. Also request a copy of it from the insurance. make sure you keep in touch with the shop so that when they receive the estimate they give you a copy as well, make sure that both of the them are the same to ensure that no one is trying to get something past you.

and the shop also has the right to request brand new oem parts at the vehicle owners request.

keep us posted

bglocc
07-09-2009, 02:42 PM
Adjuster came out today took notes & pics, she told me she will forward the estimate to their insurance. I call the other drivers insurance and asked will they use OEM parts they said they dont know depends on what their insurance says. wtf is that about? somebody hit my car and i cant ask for OEM parts? I called the body shop they said depends on what they listed on the quote.

Some repair shops, in order to: a) keep good standing with insurance companies, b) cut cornors to make a profit, c) or are just scared of the big bad insuracnce co, will only go by the quote the claims adjuster gives them. Instead of ordering a part to replace something that shouldn't be fixed, they will try to fix it, and sometimes cut corners so your shit is never the same after an accident. When my G was hit, the repair shop I took it to didn't give a fuc about the insurance co, so he ordered replacement parts when he could, but it was always a fight, and of course replacement doesn't mean oem. It's the game man, insurance companies don't want to pay more than they have to.

es_fact
07-09-2009, 02:50 PM
this is true, I own a shop here in toronto. I try to accomodate the costumers, but there are some insurance companies that really fight lol.

stick in there man. talk to your shop and try to get them to do everything your way :)

galant350z
07-09-2009, 03:10 PM
yea man, not much you can do about it if they are not paying for brand new OEM parts unless you want to pay for the differences. one thing i might suggest is take the check and search for used OEM parts, that way you can ensure the fitment will be perfect.

IceDouTGaLanT
07-09-2009, 04:05 PM
Thanks guys, i will wait till the estimate is emailed to me today or monday.

DFX
07-10-2009, 05:50 PM
nah. i was driving a rental when was like 22 when my car was in the repair shop. just make sure you tell the other insurance to cover all the cost(additional for <25).

yeah, im 20 and the mitsu dealership hooked me up with a rental for a few days when the G was in the shop. they were going to give me a Raider, but since im not 21, Enterprise couldn't rent me a truck, so i got stuck with a base model cobalt ls...

IceDouTGaLanT
07-30-2009, 06:08 PM
Ahhhhhh just my fu**ing luck, I got a Pontiac G5 has a rental went to work today and was at a stop sign. The lady in front of me was lost, and backed up right in my rental. Lady admire fault to me and the police for the report said the car was low and she couldn't see it. She had a dodge darango and her tail hitch cut a hole in the bumper cover. Now enterprise will go to my insurance for the $500 deductable then my insurance will to hers for our $500. Such a headace, I wish the insurance company who gave me the rental car has insurance for this, since their clinets car hit my Subaru which lead me to a rental. Anybody ever get in a accident with a rental.

blue8g
07-30-2009, 06:10 PM
DANG you've got no luck lol

bglocc
07-30-2009, 06:41 PM
Damn man, someone must have put some voodoo shyt on you. That sux!

IceDouTGaLanT
07-30-2009, 06:49 PM
Yeah I know lucky both these are not my fault, but I dunno how insurance will view it even though I didn't hit anybody they might be like WTF 2 accidents in a row.

bglocc
07-30-2009, 11:25 PM
I'll see if I can ask one of the claims people at work tomorrow and see how Progressive views it.

IceDouTGaLanT
07-30-2009, 11:31 PM
That be awesome! since i have progressive. Quick recap

1. Construction truck tail gate flew off hit my subaru
2. Construction tucks insurance pays for repairs & gives me rental car.
3. Rental car got reversed into by an SUV at stop sign.

stvn_mj
07-31-2009, 11:46 AM
Thats unfortunate bro. ^Just by reading that you can tell they were not your fault. Good luck.

bglocc
07-31-2009, 01:10 PM
I just spoke to a Cust Service Supv, it's hard to find claims people here today cause all the hail damage that happened in CO yesterday. He said that since the other guy's insurance is paying for everything, the accident won't affect your policy (rates, etc.). As for the rental car, since the lady was at fault, and as long as her insurance pays for everything (repairs, deductable, etc.) that it also shouldn't affect your rates. He's not a claims rep, so I'll still try and see if I can find one to verify, but like I said, it might be hard to find one today.

Just a quick tip, he said that if the accident is not your fault, never go through your insurance to file a claim, always go through the responsible person's insurance. If you file a claim with your insurance, then it goes on your policy record, and they can or can not decide to raise your rates, even if it's not your fault. Filing a claim through your insurance should always be the last option if you are 100% not at fault.

IceDouTGaLanT
07-31-2009, 01:19 PM
Hey i appreciate the information! Take your time, thanks again im heading out to enterprise to give them the report & etc. Thanks again!

Ivory8g
07-31-2009, 02:31 PM
That be awesome! since i have progressive. Quick recap

1. Construction truck tail gate flew off hit my subaru
2. Construction tucks insurance pays for repairs & gives me rental car.
3. Rental car got reversed into by an SUV at stop sign.

thats some straight bull..I'm sorry to hear dude.

IceDouTGaLanT
07-31-2009, 02:51 PM
The icing on the cake is, i just got 7 ddm hids kits for my friends/family delivered today. I went into the garage to put everything away, and i notice my gas tank lid looks crooked so i check it out the click broke wtf?. Now i need to order a new gas lid & pay to get it painted....Seriously case on FML right now lol

IceDouTGaLanT
07-31-2009, 02:53 PM
I just spoke to a Cust Service Supv, it's hard to find claims people here today cause all the hail damage that happened in CO yesterday. He said that since the other guy's insurance is paying for everything, the accident won't affect your policy (rates, etc.). As for the rental car, since the lady was at fault, and as long as her insurance pays for everything (repairs, deductable, etc.) that it also shouldn't affect your rates. He's not a claims rep, so I'll still try and see if I can find one to verify, but like I said, it might be hard to find one today.

Just a quick tip, he said that if the accident is not your fault, never go through your insurance to file a claim, always go through the responsible person's insurance. If you file a claim with your insurance, then it goes on your policy record, and they can or can not decide to raise your rates, even if it's not your fault. Filing a claim through your insurance should always be the last option if you are 100% not at fault.

Thats what i wanted to do, but enterprise said they will go to my insurance to get the money, then my insurance has to go to hers for their money. I just dont understand why enterprise cant just go to hers, lesson learned buy that stupid $15 day wavier & No more rentals unless really needed.

9G
07-31-2009, 03:53 PM
7ddm kits? share the love!

bglocc
08-03-2009, 01:12 PM
I just spoke to a claims adjuster, she said that you did the right thing by filling a claim with Progressive (even though you weren't at fault) because if the other insurance started giving you shyt about fixing your car, and you try to file a claim a couple of weeks after the accident, then you might have been screwed. That claim will not raise your rates, since the other driver is at fault, they would go after his/her insurance to pay the damages, nothing would come out of Progressive's pocket.

The rental car is basically the same.

She said that there are a couple of factors that could determine if your rates go up:

1. If the other insurance wont reimburse them for any damages that Progressive pays.
2. If the other persons insurance refuses to pay the damage.
3. How many other accidents you have or had recently that you were responsible for.

Those are just 3 to name a that you could control. Other stuff like how many accidents are in your area, economy, and other shyt could raise your rates (and everybody's rates in your area), but thats basically out of your control. Since neither accident was your fault, and the other insurance covers everything, then you should not have any problems even though that accidents weren't that far apart. Hope that helps, let me know if you have anymore questions.