PDA

View Full Version : What would U do w/wheels off the car?

galantebeige
07-04-2009, 07:37 AM
I got my 17s finally, but I am not getting my tires until a week from now. My 17s wheels are used. I do plan to wash them up a bit.

If you had your wheels this handy without tires and all off the car, what would you do with them? I am talking in decorative terms, I not thinking about fixing.

Any suggestions?

By the way, this thread is closely related to my other one about getting these wheels in the first place. There is a pic of my wheels there.

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=37509

showtime
07-04-2009, 11:00 AM
soap and water and a rag...i feel its the best way. I used to use some wheel cleaner from checker auto but it took the clear coat off of 2 of my wheels so the chrome lip looks terrible now.

showtime
07-04-2009, 11:03 AM
https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=36694&highlight=wheel+wash

also check that thread out its about spray and rinse wheel cleaners, you can get some good ideas there as well.

TITAN
07-07-2009, 07:41 PM
I got my 17s finally, but I am not getting my tires until a week from now. My 17s wheels are used. I do plan to wash them up a bit.

If you had your wheels this handy without tires and all off the car, what would you do with them? I am talking in decorative terms, I not thinking about fixing.

Any suggestions?

By the way, this thread is closely related to my other one about getting these wheels in the first place. There is a pic of my wheels there.

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=37509

Well, I'm not aure what color your car is, but I'd paint the diamond star with some red or car color-matching hi-temp paint. And then I'd think about painting the center spoke on each group of 3 or the inverse-paint the outer 2. Or paint all the spokes like black and leave the lip unpainted.

Oh yeah regarding your other topic. You are supposed to get a size of tire on your new rims that will be as close as possible to the stock size, thus giving you the option to use an original tire from your car as a spare instead of the donut. Its called a full size spare. So basically you could lay your 17in wheel and tire on the ground and then lay your old 15in over it and they should have the same "radius" or they shouldn't overlap in any way. Of course, I'm on my BB and I'm sure this has been answered already....

galantebeige
07-07-2009, 07:54 PM
Well, I'm not aure what color your car is, but I'd paint the diamond star with some red or car color-matching hi-temp paint. And then I'd think about painting the center spoke on each group of 3 or the inverse-paint the outer 2. Or paint all the spokes like black and leave the lip unpainted.

Oh yeah regarding your other topic. You are supposed to get a size of tire on your new rims that will be as close as possible to the stock size, thus giving you the option to use an original tire from your car as a spare instead of the donut. Its called a full size spare. So basically you could lay your 17in wheel and tire on the ground and then lay your old 15in over it and they should have the same "radius" or they shouldn't overlap in any way. Of course, I'm on my BB and I'm sure this has been answered already....

This is why I really like TGC. These are excellent suggestions, I have received others too before, and many are really good. Thanks a lot TITAN, actually I am thinking seriously the diamond part, it would be really easy now, since I still don't have the tires on them.

blue8g
07-07-2009, 08:02 PM
i think they'd look sweet gunmetal....

galantebeige
07-07-2009, 08:08 PM
Hey Blue8G!
Isn't that the color in fashion? :-)
Actually, I might paint the diamonds gunmetal, personally I think that when the wheels are darker, they kind of disappear. I wouldn't paint them white either, LOL, but I have a tendency for brighter tones on the wheels.
(BTW: I saw a really nice white 8G with white wheels, black tinted windows, worked great!)

lonestar22
07-07-2009, 08:10 PM
u should use them as a coffee table. if they have lips u should be different and buy those new print vinyl lips they have for wheels now

galantebeige
07-07-2009, 08:13 PM
A coffee table with square glass on top. Vinyl Lips?? You got a picture on that?

TITAN
07-07-2009, 08:16 PM
Ya, a total color change would be good too...and I guess I could assume that your car is beige now that I look at your damn name!!

galantebeige
07-07-2009, 08:17 PM
My damn car is dammed beige!! Dammit... LOL
I'd say the avatar is not so bad, does it not look beige??
S23. Gold, whatever

TITAN
07-07-2009, 08:21 PM
Remember grasshoppa, I am on my BB and have turned off sigs and avatars to enhance the speed

galantebeige
07-07-2009, 08:23 PM
Right Man,
I got my BB too, I just let it load. Me like pictures.

TITAN
07-07-2009, 08:27 PM
Pics-yes. Avatars and sigs-no

galantebeige
07-07-2009, 08:35 PM
ok, good, TITAN. What do you think about about powder coating then....(the wheels of course)

galantebeige
07-07-2009, 08:43 PM
some vinyl pics and funny follow ups
http://blog.cardomain.com/2009/01/22/rim-vinyl/

TITAN
07-07-2009, 09:13 PM
Well, that's your perogative bro. It is certainly another option. You could even chrome them. Its all about the actual look YOU want. Paint, chrome, vinyl lip it(I recommend against this) or powder-coat