PDA

View Full Version : Bought a 9g, any ideas?

BrozGalant
07-05-2009, 09:45 PM
hey guys/gals, I picked up a 2005 GTS 3 months ago and I think its about time to begin working on the appearance of the thing. My problem is I don't live near any major cities and I'm not that good with the internet...(managed to stumble across here though :D). Do any of you guys have some good links bookmarked where you purchase some visual upgrades online?

Some of the things I'm looking forward to do.

1. Eye lids for headlights
2. Small wing to go at the top of my back window (saw a gray 9g on this site with one)
3. Matching billet inserts for both the upper and the lower grille.

I was also thinking about painting the trim around the windows as well as the black pillars to match the silver color of the car. Would that look good?

If any of you have any good low budget ideas for the exterior/interior that I haven't thought about, please post them as well :)

Rayth
07-06-2009, 12:10 AM
1) PM eclipse4eva to get eyelids
2) the window visor has to either be modded from another application or imported from Australia
3) billet grills are on eBay

other than that youre a little limited on visuals unless youre good with fabrication.. front lips have been modded to fit.. a guy on club9g cut up his hood for some vents that look pretty sick.. tinted taillights are an option.. HID headlights and foglights maybe? get yourself some new wheels (18" if you wanna stay sporty, 20" if you want to be a baller or 19" if you want to be in between and can actually afford the tires)... WORKs springs will get you a good and manageable drop or you can go with eibach springs to get a bit lower...

anything else youre looking for?

krazienluv10
07-06-2009, 12:54 AM
yup.... what he said

BrozGalant
07-06-2009, 02:45 AM
thank you very much :) you covered it all heh..but I looked at those billet grilles on ebay, they look good but they dont match. any other places?

krazienluv10
07-06-2009, 03:29 AM
what do you mean by matching? color matching? u can always paint them flat black or so...

do you have tints? i think the pillars are fine if you have some nice dark non metallic tint

Rayth
07-06-2009, 08:27 PM
i personally love the grill on my Ralliart which you could probably get fairly easily, though please do me a favor and make sure you take the badge off lol

BrozGalant
07-07-2009, 09:08 AM
well what i meant by the billet grilles on ebay dont match is that one set goes horizontally and the other goes vertically.... would look kind of silly if i threw both in like that no?

DOHCstunr
07-07-2009, 12:00 PM
well what i meant by the billet grilles on ebay dont match is that one set goes horizontally and the other goes vertically.... would look kind of silly if i threw both in like that no?

would look more than silly, would look retarded.

i'd slap on some nice wheels, lower it(with quality), tint, evo brembo's
intake, HID's