PDA

View Full Version : Noob question

Chaps
07-07-2009, 12:13 AM
Hey guys, I know I'm gonna sound like an idiot, but I've never had to touch my headlights yet. I just bought some new headlights, but I don't know how to exactly uninstall my old ones and install the new ones. Do I have to take my front bumper off? Can someone help me out?

beam514
07-07-2009, 01:37 AM
front bumper does NOT need to come off. First take off the grill and don't lose those little clips that hold it in. Then there should be 3-4 bolts holding in the headlights. Two are on the radiator support I believe, a third is near the fender, and if there is a 4th I don't remember where it is.

For the grill, there are 6 little legs coming out of the grill that attach to the radiator support. Hold these legs to the support are little "T" looking clips. You need to push down the T clip so that the top of the T can fit through the hole on the grill legs

be sure to unplug all the bulbs when you try to pull off your headlights too ;)

Chaps
07-07-2009, 01:55 AM
Haha thanks I appreciate it. I've taken my grill off plenty of times, but I was always wondering if there was one bolt hidden on the underside of the headlight. That's the way my friends civic was, so I was hoping I didn't have too long of a project on my hands haha

kildaremike
07-07-2009, 02:48 AM
, and if there is a 4th I don't remember where it is.
On JDMs theres a fourth one inside the wing at the back of the indicator housing.

4g63lover
07-07-2009, 02:54 AM
there are four bolts on the headlights.

one on top of the radiator support, two by the grille, and one inside the bay next to the corner bulb connector.

beam514
07-07-2009, 10:07 AM
ahh thats where it is I totally forgot haha

I could have gone downstairs and looked at my G since the hood is off, but I was too tired :p

Chaps
07-07-2009, 01:01 PM
Alright cool. I'm also getting 12000k hid lights, I figured it'd be easier hooking up with the headlights out of the way too lol.