PDA

View Full Version : 4G64 Turbo?

Craig
07-15-2009, 10:11 PM
What will i need to make my 96 Galant S turbo? Need to go faster!

es_fact
07-15-2009, 10:14 PM
Fml

Galant306m
07-15-2009, 10:16 PM
Knowlage, will, time, and money!

es_fact
07-15-2009, 10:17 PM
Clearly not grammar :D jk

<3

microgalant
07-15-2009, 11:11 PM
Turbo, manifold, intercooler, intercooler pipes, wastegate, blowoff valve...
If you want to go stock engine 8-10 psi should be fine..more psi, you'll need clutch kit, forged rod, and forged pistons...
Do a little research, there are allot info on this site..

koji464
07-15-2009, 11:44 PM
2g oil pan, for your money offerings lol
Use that trusty ol search bar bro, youll get some niice info.
Or ..
Board index->How to tutorials->How to 7G

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=11856

4g63lover
07-16-2009, 01:38 AM
hopes and dreams.

evil-G-nius
07-16-2009, 03:16 AM
you will need to search before getting any more info I would guess.

Seek and you will find

Galanttuner10
07-16-2009, 11:23 AM
search there are many threads that will help you with the turbo idea

look in the 7g tutorial section as there is a full parts list and shit too

peanotation
07-16-2009, 12:25 PM
if you have to ask like this i would probably suggest you not do it

Galanttuner10
07-16-2009, 01:04 PM
if you have to ask like this i would probably suggest you not do it

thats a good point as i looked at the similarities of our car and the 2g dsm long ago and figured it would work with some work

Galantfan88
07-16-2009, 04:02 PM
Ummmm I will suggest not to do anything to your car at all until you learn and understand about cars...for you to ask us what you would need is just telling me that you did not do any kind of research. Your going to do nothing but make many people mad and tell you to go and start reading. So far you know nothing about turboing your car which is a big nono. First research some info and than we will talk, come on man we all started at some point when turboing our cars but we also had to read and research our info. Try again

Craig
07-17-2009, 06:39 PM
Ummmm I will suggest not to do anything to your car at all until you learn and understand about cars...for you to ask us what you would need is just telling me that you did not do any kind of research. Your going to do nothing but make many people mad and tell you to go and start reading. So far you know nothing about turboing your car which is a big nono. First research some info and than we will talk, come on man we all started at some point when turboing our cars but we also had to read and research our info. Try again

First of all ive owned 13 honda's n 6 teg's. I've turbo'd , supercharge'd n built all motor. So i know a lil bit about cars. I just didn't know if there was a serious amount of work that needed to be done to this cars engine. Im not familiar with a mitsu like i am with a HONDA. And i understand the search bar. So if anyone gets mad about me askin a simple question, don't leave advice then.

Galanttuner10
07-17-2009, 06:51 PM
we are the same thing as a DSM any 4g63 part usually bolts right up its not hard to figure out just look around

we arent mad just disappointed.. once you look a little bit you will understand

Shadow19
07-17-2009, 06:56 PM
First of all ive owned 13 honda's n 6 teg's. I've turbo'd , supercharge'd n built all motor. So i know a lil bit about cars. I just didn't know if there was a serious amount of work that needed to be done to this cars engine. Im not familiar with a mitsu like i am with a HONDA. And i understand the search bar. So if anyone gets mad about me askin a simple question, don't leave advice then.

With all due respect man. If youve owned 13 fucking hondas, 6 integras, youve built motors, and boosted them.... Why the fuck cant you boost a mitsu motor? Shouldnt you know youll need bigger injectors, piping, turbo, turbo manifold, down pipe, lines for the turbo feed and return, blah blah blah...... Dont be a typical honda guy and claim shit. If you know what youre "doing'' then fucking do it. Search search search. I was going to be nice untill you started throwing your ego around but no. Im going to be a dick and tell you it cant be done unless you DOWNGRADE and put a honda motor in it. Thank you, Come again!

Craig
07-20-2009, 08:22 PM
Thanks Galanttuner10. That was my question if there was interchangeable parts, should of worded my question different.

seth98esT
07-20-2009, 10:07 PM
Read:
https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=11856

koji464
07-20-2009, 11:28 PM
^x2 literaly

Mr. Suaz
08-29-2009, 10:30 AM
Honestly,

What kind of budget is needed to turbo-charge a 4g64?

Shadow19
08-29-2009, 01:11 PM
if you watch the items correclty and get the proper shit id say under 2k

Galanttuner10
08-29-2009, 01:22 PM
yea mine cost me around 2k in parts gauges and stuff.. im going to make a revised parts list over the winter after i go through all my reciepts and stuff to help every1 out

Galant306m
08-29-2009, 02:40 PM
yea mine cost me around 2k in parts gauges and stuff.. im going to make a revised parts list over the winter after i go through all my reciepts and stuff to help every1 out

Yours isnt done yet so how does that work?

If you go the route that i went you will be looking at 5-6k. I have 2200 in the top of my engine and about 1k in the bottom and then another 3k in parts, the only difference about my build and mosts is i went to make power not turbo noises and 40 extra whp.

Galanttuner10
08-29-2009, 03:28 PM
Yours isnt done yet so how does that work?

If you go the route that i went you will be looking at 5-6k. I have 2200 in the top of my engine and about 1k in the bottom and then another 3k in parts, the only difference about my build and mosts is i went to make power not turbo noises and 40 extra whp.

mitch always putting me down lol

it does work and i have everything and it has run before and now i have a new 14b also a B16G all i need is the new fuel pump and regulator, i know what is needed and it has been on the car so i think i know what im doing

also his question was how much is it to turbo not to fully build it as im sure he will get into that later on...

phizzalot
08-29-2009, 04:37 PM
Or you can be cheap and build one from ebay/junk yard/ other dsm forums and spend about 1200.

Only bad thing with this, is you will be replacing the cheap broken stuff with better quality parts which will make things more of headache and expensive in the long run.

Galant306m
08-29-2009, 09:48 PM
mitch always putting me down lol

it does work and i have everything and it has run before and now i have a new 14b also a B16G all i need is the new fuel pump and regulator, i know what is needed and it has been on the car so i think i know what im doing

also his question was how much is it to turbo not to fully build it as im sure he will get into that later on...

im not putting you down lol i just still doubt the fact that you actually got the turbo done and then took it all out. Cause trust me if i did that there would be atleast one picture and atleast one video, not just typing behind a computer screen.

Galanttuner10
08-30-2009, 01:18 PM
im not putting you down lol i just still doubt the fact that you actually got the turbo done and then took it all out. Cause trust me if i did that there would be atleast one picture and atleast one video, not just typing behind a computer screen.

i see what you mean, but see i used shitty flex hose and kinda of afro engineered it together just to see how it work and it was for a short amout if time.. no vids cuz it was not tuned or anything.. next spring ill unveil it no worries

Galanttuner10
08-30-2009, 01:25 PM
Or you can be cheap and build one from ebay/junk yard/ other dsm forums and spend about 1200.

Only bad thing with this, is you will be replacing the cheap broken stuff with better quality parts which will make things more of headache and expensive in the long run.

thats y you use things that cant really go bad over time and get everything like feed, drain lines, gaskets etc new thats what im doing

XXL4G64
03-02-2010, 01:52 AM
So tell me how much wheel whp you want to make and how much money u have to play with.

mko
03-02-2010, 08:38 AM
Right now i can turbo another Galant for around 500-600.

diamondragon16
03-02-2010, 10:32 AM
Right now i can turbo another Galant for around 500-600.

I'll give that to you if you come turbo my GS

:D

skrap
03-02-2010, 12:06 PM
I'll give that to you if you come turbo my GS

:D

But then you wont knoe anything.. If somthing goes wrong you want to be able to fix it yourself.... Trust me.. Its a lot more satisfying to do the research and do it yourself.......

peanotation
03-04-2010, 11:18 AM
But then you wont knoe anything.. If somthing goes wrong you want to be able to fix it yourself.... Trust me.. Its a lot more satisfying to do the research and do it yourself.......

x10000

diamondragon16
03-04-2010, 01:46 PM
I was absolutely not being serious. I am very excited to turbo my GS someday. I've had a 4g63t before in my 90 laser and it was an amazing machine. I can't wait to make that happen and the learning experience along the way.