View Full Version : Blinker on crack???

E_Emerson88
07-16-2009, 07:31 PM
Alright well its been a while not that my right turn blinker goes crazy fast compared to when i put my left blinker on. Its gotten pretty annoying so i went to Kragen and they said i need new headlight blinker bulbs. I got new ones and same thing. i don't see a switch or anything for the speed of the blinker. so how do i out it back to normal speed?? thanx for you help guys

glantnation
07-16-2009, 07:46 PM
I saw that last night...i was gonna tell u but i forgot..mybad...check your wiring make sure nothing is lose or exposed...

skyhigh90210
07-16-2009, 08:00 PM
It might be one of the bulbs in your taillights that blew out. I would check those first.

nyjets985
07-16-2009, 08:31 PM
ya when they blink on crack something in tail or blinkers blew so since you replaced blinkers check tails

krow
07-16-2009, 09:37 PM
My last vehicle allowed moisture in the housing and I continually had to replace bulbs until I fixed the leak and allowed the connection to dry. Make sure there hasn't been any moisture or water entering the housing.

01blackG
07-16-2009, 09:40 PM
Alright well its been a while not that my right turn blinker goes crazy fast compared to when i put my left blinker on. Its gotten pretty annoying so i went to Kragen and they said i need new headlight blinker bulbs. I got new ones and same thing. i don't see a switch or anything for the speed of the blinker. so how do i out it back to normal speed?? thanx for you help guys

You replaced the fronts ok good. Now if the bulbs work then you dont need to replace them. If one is burnt out then yes it can cause the blink to go fast or not work at all. But if you check them out and they light up then they are good and you dont have to replace them. The next thing it most likely is then is the blinker relay. Over a period of time the blinker relay switch can start to go crazy, which can cause one side to act funny but not the other.

Danger DANJ
07-17-2009, 01:57 PM
Definitely check for blown bulbs in your passenger side headlight and taillight. That causes your blinker to blink fast as a warning. Also, LED bulbs will cause your blinker to blink fast because they don't draw enough power and your car thinks a bulb is blown.

DFX
07-17-2009, 04:03 PM
got my car like that. turned out to be the tail light turn signal.

99mitsu
07-26-2009, 07:53 PM
Mine did that too it turned out to be one of the progs on the inside of where the bulb goes to make contact with the ground on the bulb it was only making partical contact so i used a small nail or something and pryed it out and it worked great ever since. it took me like 3 days to finally figgure out what was going on.