PDA

View Full Version : Miami and FL people

amnbrueckner
07-17-2009, 02:44 AM
I am looking at my next assignment and am considering requesting Miami.

For starters, how is Miami overall, and the Doral area. For roads, the fairly good or are going to rip apart a lowered car?

Next, how are the emmision laws in Florida? I am planning on bringing the Leggy back with me and need to make sure its feasable, and is going to pass an emissions test.

Thanks

qnz
07-17-2009, 08:33 AM
There are no emission laws in Florida. When I registered my car, they didnt even check if the car was road worthy. The person writes down VIN #, and gives me my plate. Took like 10 minutes.

The roads are also very good compared to NYC. My car is lowered to 1 pinky finger gap all around and I havent felt a need to raise my car. Getting into some driveways and parking lots is a different story tho. I cant go to some stores cuz the driveway entrance is too steep.

amnbrueckner
07-17-2009, 11:36 AM
Thanks for that but the only issue is the car doesnt have a vin #, and will be the first time registering in the US, may be a headache from what im reading

02redgalant
07-17-2009, 11:51 AM
I am looking at my next assignment and am considering requesting Miami.

For starters, how is Miami overall, and the Doral area. For roads, the fairly good or are going to rip apart a lowered car?

Next, how are the emmision laws in Florida? I am planning on bringing the Leggy back with me and need to make sure its feasable, and is going to pass an emissions test.

Thanks

consider learning spanish as a second language lol, doral is a nice area usually higher middle class white and spanish ,2 malls immediate that area,roads are good except in some parts of the downtown area..

i don't how bringing the leggy is gonna work with no vin to get it registered or bringin it thru customs unless your military I guess

amnbrueckner
07-17-2009, 12:37 PM
I am military so it should be slightly easier.

The car has a chassis number, a few digits less than a vin

phizzalot
07-17-2009, 01:10 PM
I like Miami... expensive every time i visit but I wouldn't mind living there..I know theirs a few skylines and jdm supra's that are riding around down there but the importers keep a lid on how they get the cars into the U.S. I am sure it can be done especially since your military..

[DC_eightG_00]
07-17-2009, 02:57 PM
you will like it over here, and yea roads are fine no major problems just your occasional pot hole but whatever lol.. like stated before do learn spanish if you do plan to move over here you will need it in the doral area.. the other stuff i dont know about.. but looking foward to seeing you at the meets if you do join us down here..

galant305
07-17-2009, 05:42 PM
of course , about to learn spanish, the 80 % of the people in doral are venezuelan, and the ladies from there are beatiful, im venezuelan , and i know what im telling you.

amnbrueckner
07-18-2009, 03:06 AM
Thanks, I am trying to request the base and should find out in a few months.

If I do get the assignment, I should be there in about a year.