PDA

View Full Version : Gauge pillar pod?

Alister_McRae
02-17-2003, 06:26 PM
I need a pillar pod that connects to the pillar left hand side in front of the windsheild. I need one for cause im getting nitrous installed soon. Anyone with this piece, where did u get ur's? Was it custom made, or did u just buy it at like pep-boys? And what guages do you guys use for nitrous?

Lazarus
02-17-2003, 07:34 PM
I got one for a 97 integra I think, but I sold it to Fishboy and he molded it to fit. You may want to consider making your own to sit on the sides of your gauge cluster.

Nothing says Lovin like Custom made Gauge mounts

HeadAche
02-17-2003, 10:55 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lazarus)</div><div class='quotemain'>I got one for a 97 integra I think, but I sold it to Fishboy and he molded it to fit. You may want to consider making your own to sit on the sides of your gauge cluster. Â*

Nothing says Lovin like Custom made Gauge mounts</div>

Thats what i got mine off of, i had it heated and then shaped to the A-pillar to fit right.. how much did you pay for yours laz?.. i paid like $100 for mine

VegasMatt
02-17-2003, 11:41 PM
I have a two pod pillar off a 90 CRX. I heated it and formed it. See the pics in my link.

Alister_McRae
02-17-2003, 11:48 PM
how did it mount it to the pillar? Did you have to drill through the pillar to mount it? And did you heat it yourself, or take it some place special to mold it to fit your pillar....mike

VegasMatt
02-17-2003, 11:50 PM
I bought a heat gun off ebay for 7.99 and heated it to the pilar, it was very easy. I did cut my stock pillar because I ran thick nitrous tubes to the pillar.

Fishboy55
02-18-2003, 07:48 AM
Mine is from the 97 integra like Laz said. I didn't heat mine, and you can see a small gap at the top in this pic. http://photos.yahoo.com/redhotblues_2000 ('http://photos.yahoo.com/redhotblues_2000')

Yes, you have to drill through both the pod and the A-Pillar to mount the pod. You'll also need to drill a hole in the A pillar for the gauge wiring for each gauge you want to mount. If you get the Autometer pod, it comes with these plastic fasteners. They don't seem to be enough to hold it, which is why I went to screws. Basically I did the whole thing in my basement, then mounted the A-Pillar back on the car. One note. The A-pillar is held in with clips. Once you take it off, the clips will stay in the holes in the car body. Before you remount the A pillar, take the clips out of the holes and put them back on the A pillar. It will be much easier to mount that way. Just like the front grille.

Chip

HeadAche
02-18-2003, 09:03 PM
You know i think between myself, chip and Matt.. We could write a detail tutorial on how to mount and probably wire these gauges.. because everyone asks about them but we dont have a tutorial..

Fishboy55
02-19-2003, 10:35 AM
I'm all for that Shane. I won't have the oven steps, but I've got the rest pretty well memorized.

Chip

Gizmo
02-19-2003, 11:07 AM
Hey Chip I see you moved the radio down to the emty slot below the a/c controls. How difficult was that? Hopefully by the beginning of March I'll get the Afc installed, and how does the rpm signal work?

VegasMatt
02-19-2003, 11:37 AM
I moved my radio too, it was pretty easy took about five minutes.

Fishboy55
02-19-2003, 01:10 PM
Hey Chip I see you moved the radio down to the emty slot below the a/c controls. How difficult was that? Hopefully by the beginning of March I'll get the Afc installed, and how does the rpm signal work?
Hey Miguel,
Moving the radio is a no brainer. It's a DIN slot in the top and the bottom. You'll need to unplug the radio after you unscrew it, then unscrew the heater controls to route the radio cables then put it all back. Only drawback is that there's no screws in the top of the trim to hold that little storage box. I just hot glued mine in the top slot.

The RPM signal from the crank sensor is no better than the RPM signal from the tach. You're gonna need the fix from club3G. You can go to http://www.club3g.ca/index.php ('http://www.club3g.ca/index.php') and search directly on the fix for the AFC. This site is run by pochemicro (Keven) who actually built the fix for the RPM bouncing.

Chip

Alister_McRae
02-20-2003, 12:56 AM
i think that would be a very good idea, and VERY useful to post a tutorial on how to hook the air fuel gauge up, and nitrous gauge, and how to get the guage pod to correctly fit. If one of you guys are serious about doing a tutorial, post pics with it.

Lazarus
02-20-2003, 10:09 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kemist aka Shane)</div><div class='quotemain'>how much did you pay for yours laz?.. i paid like $100 for mine</div>

Whoa Man Slow down how many Gauges were ther on the pod? I only paid $30 for a 2 Gauge pod. Did you get the whole Pillar or something?

HeadAche
02-20-2003, 10:15 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lazarus)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kemist aka Shane)</div><div class='quotemain'>how much did you pay for yours laz?.. i paid like $100 for mine</div>

Whoa Man Slow down how many Gauges were ther on the pod? I only paid $30 for a 2 Gauge pod. Did you get the whole Pillar or something?</div>

I ended up getting the whole A-pillar, with 3 pods.. What gauges did you have in there? i just have my AF, oil temp, and water.. I had a volt gauge, but i gave it to my friend.. Laz, by they way do you have the wirring guide for the guages still, i cant find mine for the life of me, and i need to check on something i did this morning..?

Fishboy55
02-20-2003, 10:25 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kemist aka Shane)</div><div class='quotemain'>I ended up getting the whole A-pillar, with 3 pods.. What gauges did you have in there? i just have my AF, oil temp, and water.. I had a volt gauge, but i gave it to my friend.. Laz, by they way do you have the wirring guide for the guages still, i cant find mine for the life of me, and i need to check on something i did this morning..?</div>
Nope, he doesn't cuz I bought his gauges with the instructions. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif.

But if you go HERE! ('http://www.autometer.com/hp/') you'll find PDF links to all the gauge installation instructions that you can download.

My pillar pod has the A/F gauge and the voltmeter.

Chip

HeadAche
02-20-2003, 10:28 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kemist aka Shane)</div><div class='quotemain'>I ended up getting the whole A-pillar, with 3 pods.. What gauges did you have in there? i just have my AF, oil temp, and water.. I had a volt gauge, but i gave it to my friend.. Laz, by they way do you have the wirring guide for the guages still, i cant find mine for the life of me, and i need to check on something i did this morning..?</div>
Nope, he doesn't cuz I bought his gauges with the instructions. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif.

But if you go HERE! ('http://www.autometer.com/hp/') you'll find PDF links to all the gauge installation instructions that you can download.

My pillar pod has the A/F gauge and the voltmeter.

Chip</div>

Thanks for the info on the wirring, im going bonkers over here..lol...

Lazarus
02-20-2003, 10:48 AM
While we are on the subject of Gauges. I wanted to keep this a secret but I saw it in a magazine and I had to have em. Check these out. Either with the Reverse indiglo or the S7 if they ever come out for out application. These would be a good addition to your Galants interior

http://www.acautotechnic.com/php/images/S7gauges.jpg ('http://www.acautotechnic.com/php/images/S7gauges.jpg')

They even have the Air/fuel out for these. :approve:

HeadAche
02-20-2003, 11:13 AM
Those are tight as hell.. I remember when TOC had posted that they were going out with the S7's as regular guages and i thought they were tight as hell.. If they come out with them for our application, i will definately have to change all the guages I have and then my dash as well.. Righ now most of the guages i have are in CF..

Fishboy55
02-20-2003, 01:44 PM
Yea they are tight as hell. I'm running the Lunar series gauges now, and they look tight, but would look a whole lot better if they were indiglow. My dash is beginning to look like an amusement park with the AFC, indiglow dashboard and lunar gauges. LOL

Chip

VegasMatt
02-20-2003, 04:28 PM
Chip, I have the phanton series, and my Air/fuel does not light up. With the Lunar does it light up the greenish color? If so I may change out my Nitrous and Air/Fuel to Lunar series and sell the other two. Let me know.

Lazarus
02-20-2003, 07:30 PM
Dont' forget guys your Gauges do go from Blue to Green.....

Fishboy55
02-20-2003, 07:32 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VegasMatt)</div><div class='quotemain'>Chip, I have the phanton series, and my Air/fuel does not light up. Â*With the Lunar does it light up the greenish color? Â*If so I may change out my Nitrous and Air/Fuel to Lunar series and sell the other two. Â*Let me know.</div>
Yea Matt the Lunar's are green, but it's a real pale green. More of a glow than a light. I really kind of like it.

Chip

HeadAche
02-20-2003, 11:21 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VegasMatt)</div><div class='quotemain'>Chip, I have the phanton series, and my Air/fuel does not light up. Â*With the Lunar does it light up the greenish color? Â*If so I may change out my Nitrous and Air/Fuel to Lunar series and sell the other two. Â*Let me know.</div>

If you decide to sell your Air/Fuel gauge let me know.. i need a second one..

VegasMatt
02-24-2003, 11:01 PM
You got it. I am trying to find a place to get them for cheap.

Lazarus
02-25-2003, 06:30 AM

I sent an email to the guy selling these gauges seeing if I may be able to get a GB together but I have got no reply as of yet

My New Gauge ('http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2404320435')

HeadAche
02-25-2003, 11:31 AM

I sent an email to the guy selling these gauges seeing if I may be able to get a GB together but I have got no reply as of yet

My New Gauge ('http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2404320435')

I hope he gets back to ya for the GB on the guages, i know that would help a lot of us out.

Lazarus
02-25-2003, 01:29 PM
check the GB forum

VegasMatt
02-25-2003, 06:48 PM
I am looking for the air/fuel gauge and the nitrous gauge in the Lunar series. If anyone can help that would be cool.

Fishboy55
02-25-2003, 07:56 PM
I am looking for the air/fuel gauge and the nitrous gauge in the Lunar series. If anyone can help that would be cool.
I'm assuming you're looking for them at less than retail. If you're just looking for the gauges to buy outright, Summit has them in stock, and I may have the A/F gauge available soon.

Chip

VegasMatt
02-25-2003, 11:39 PM
If youre gonna dump your Air/fuel lunar, ill take it. Let me know.

VegasMatt
02-26-2003, 05:01 PM
OK, I just bought today lunar series Air/fuel and Nitrous gauges, so ill let my old ones go for cheap. Let me know what is fair if you want em.

HeadAche
02-26-2003, 07:30 PM
OK, I just bought today lunar series Air/fuel and Nitrous gauges, so ill let my old ones go for cheap. Let me know what is fair if you want em.

I just need another AirFuel guage, just give me an idea of what you looking for, because i get paid next friday so i cant see if i have the dough or not to get it to ya..

VegasMatt
02-27-2003, 12:13 AM
I dont remember what I paid for it, I think fifty bucks so just give me half that plus a few bucks for shipping. Is that cool?

HeadAche
02-27-2003, 03:52 PM
I dont remember what I paid for it, I think fifty bucks so just give me half that plus a few bucks for shipping. Is that cool?

Yeah thats cool.. I wont have the money until Friday of next week..lol.. damn bi-weekly pay schedule.. just let me know how much shipping is, and if you want the money by money order or paypal..