PDA

View Full Version : Moderator from subaru site (o2)

uswrx
02-17-2003, 11:21 PM
Hey everybody. I know that there has been a hate relation between subarus and mitsu for a long time. Don't let that cloud your opion of me. I love mitsu and have friends with plenty of fast ones. Now a friend of mine told me about a o2 topic on this site and i was hoping to help everyone understand the whole reason for that topic. First off the whole point of his question was so he would now if he needed to buy a wideband or if his came with one from the factory. This info was required because of tuning purposes. Luckily here in tennesse we don't have to worry about emissions. So staying factory (cats, carb exeption, etc) is something we dont have to worry about. And as far as my car goes yes i do have a usdm swap in my my01 impreza. and yes it is considered a two bank motor,but it only has two o2 sensors. Well i hope this cleared things up. oh and the second one is a wideband.

seth98esT
02-17-2003, 11:23 PM
we dont hate on subarus only hondas :lauging:

Welcome to the club...i have no say on this topic :biggrin:

o0 XeRO G 0o
02-17-2003, 11:28 PM
nor do i have an poinion, but welcome.. enjoy your stay...

2True
02-17-2003, 11:41 PM
That's all fine and dandy, wlcome to our little hang-out in cyber space. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

I understand that your friend had a valid question and argument but he needs to work on his people skills a bit. His intitial question was a bit vague and a couple of our best techs attempted to answer it. Some wires got crossed and a pissing match of whom knows O2 sensors ensued. 4g64terror seemed to immediatly jump on manybrews saying that he doesn't know what he's talking about. If your asking for help, listen and give input as you see fit, don't try and chop another person down for trying to answer it. Manybrews is human, capable of mistakes, but on this site... on these subjects... with his experience, there is little chance that he's completely off with his advice.

I appreciate you coming here to clear things up.
Mitsu and Soob historically fight on the rally-cross tracks... let's keep it that way. I almost bought a 2.5RS a year back... still regretting not picking it up :cry:

VegasMatt
02-17-2003, 11:42 PM
I am in envy of the WRX, I have yet to beat one.

manybrews
02-17-2003, 11:44 PM
im still curious why anyone would monitor the second O2, as its reading are of no use whatsoever to fuel management.

JiP
02-17-2003, 11:48 PM
His question was answered but he ignored the answer because he was busy atacking. People just need to accept someones opinion or answer without getting defensive. I was the one who messaged a moderator to close the topic so i'm not gona say anymore, case closed. shit happens.

As for Subaru, personaly I think impreza wrx's have a funy ass look to them, but I had chance to drive one and that is a sick car, I'd love to get my hands on one. Defintly think its one of the best performance cars on the market and not to pricey either (right now anyway) https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

o0 XeRO G 0o
02-17-2003, 11:49 PM
i drove a subaru a while back when i took my driving test. cant remember the model. very nice ride, even though it was a few years old. those AWD subarus go anywhere.. its a shame i cant say the same for the galant...

JiP
02-17-2003, 11:52 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(uswrx)</div><div class='quotemain'>oh and the second one is a wideband.</div>

The second sensor on impreza the same as most cars, where its further down in the exhaust stream becuase then I still don't see what benifit a wideband would have in that position...gona have to fine me a Subaru engineer lol

BEAST
02-18-2003, 01:13 AM
I'd love to get my hands on one. Defintly think its one of the best performance cars on the market and not to pricey either (right now anyway) https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif
I'd rather have an evo. I don't care what they look like they would tear that car up.

uswrx
02-18-2003, 03:24 AM
I see your view on why anyone would want to use the o2 that is farther down the line, especially after three cat to go through, but i have to say on my car (all cats gone 8) ) that it is atleast somewhat of a reading. most of my reading are done with my egt gauge. Which soon will help out even more with the addition of a utech computer. I appreciate the welcome. -for manybrew- what im about to say i don't want taken the wrong way. My friend is very avvid in working on all types of cars. granted he doesn't work in a dealership, but that also means that he has the freedom to do things that can't be done in a dealership. An auxillary wideband o2 sensor is an extremly useful tuning tool and is use widely. So i hope that this has cleared things up a little, and i hope to meet all of you on this site and become more knowledgable on the galant. I have to say that ive always wanted a GTZ. YOu guys have some sweet rides. keep up the work.

manybrews
02-18-2003, 06:57 AM
I see your view on why anyone would want to use the o2 that is farther down the line, especially after three cat to go through, but i have to say on my car (all cats gone 8) ) that it is atleast somewhat of a reading.

if the cats gone, thats a different story.

My friend is very avvid in working on all types of cars. granted he doesn't work in a dealership, but that also means that he has the freedom to do things that can't be done in a dealership. An auxillary wideband o2 sensor is an extremly useful tuning tool and is use widely.

There is really no "freedom" i dont have. And i never said an O2 is not useful in anyway.
the problem just stemmed from your friend being a jerk. His answer was given very early, and all he had to do was respond like a respectable human being. He decided against that. I dont hold any animosity towards him, as i dont know or care about him.
I did say, and continue to say, that tuning a car with an O2 sensor is not the most effective way, and can be damaging to a car. However, it is certainly better than guessing.

So i hope that this has cleared things up a little, and i hope to meet all of you on this site and become more knowledgable on the galant. I have to say that ive always wanted a GTZ. YOu guys have some sweet rides. keep up the work.
there really wasnt anything that needed clearing up other than why anyone would monitor the second O2 sensor, which you did.

welcome to the boards.

JiP
02-18-2003, 01:33 PM
I have no cats on my car and the second o2 is a tad off compared to the first o2 and every installation of a wideband i've seen was always in a second bung next to the first o2.

And your friend was acting like he knew more then everyone else and being snotty about it, meanwhile if anyone bothered to read his big 15 posts that he had on this board they were simple questions about how turbos work and what he would need to install one and what electronics he would need, if he's done as much work as he said he's done why doesnt he know these basic things? His posts were only last week so he became a car genious in 7 days? I have nothing against someone trying to learn or I wouldnt be here.

Everyones gotta learn somehow, I learn something new everday but I dont act like a jackass to people who are trying to answer my questions. No one on this board has to do anything for anyone, those who know a great deal do it to just to help other people learn, learn from their mistakes, or to experiment, we collaborate on ideas, to get help ourselves or fit m3 mirrors onto a car they arent designed for (setH https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif ). If you post a question and attack the answers and people who are TRYING to HELP YOU I dont think you have any place here.