PDA

View Full Version : Engine difference question

DJRINC18
02-18-2003, 12:55 AM
What's the difference between the '95 and '96 motors? I'm finding a few more performance parts for the '96 that aren't available for my car.

BEAST
02-18-2003, 01:18 AM
Like what? Both years have the exact same engine in them.

DJRINC18
02-18-2003, 01:21 AM
R.S. Akimoto makes an intake for the '96. Are the intake manifolds different in the two? I thought I read somewhere that they faced different directions. Maybe the '95 faces the passenger side and the '96 faces the drivers? I don't know, I'm just trying to figure out why the intake isn't compatible with my car.

2True
02-18-2003, 02:53 AM
WARNING! Stay away from the Akimoto Intake!

It's the same 24.99 setup you can get on ebay but sold for a rediculous $180 or some shit. It's just a crappy filter and an adapter, no replacement tubing included. Just warning ya bro, looking out for my peeps so they don't waste exuberant amounts of cash on false advertizing.

BTW, all Galants made in 1994-1998 have the exact same 4G64 engine (slight differences were made in 97 but none the average person should stress)

Wes

DJRINC18
02-18-2003, 03:00 AM
Thanks for all the input and the warning. I don't know where I got the idea that they were different from. I've been reading alot of tech articles lately, maybe I mixed up my vehicles. I think I decided on the Weapon R intake anyways. Also, I've been looking around and I'm pretty sure that the short shifter from the 95-99 Eclipse will fit the Galant, is that true? OBX makes a short shifter for the Galant and it has the same part number as the one they make for the Eclipse/Talon. If any 95 shifter will fit I'd prefer the B&M but I'd like some other peoples thoughts before I do it. Thankx!

2True
02-18-2003, 03:13 AM
I am 99.95% positive that any short throw for a 2g Eclipse will also work for the Galant.

I remember someone here put a B&M short throw on their 7g a long while back. I just checked B&M's website and they don't make one for the 7g, and from the list of cars on their site the only one that person could have used is from the 95 Eclipse. Therefore the 0.05% uncertainty...