PDA

View Full Version : Need help, Annoying popping noise

galantofva
07-30-2009, 10:42 AM
So for the past 3 months or so Ive been hearing a popping noise coming from the front passenger side wheel. It wasnt so bad or often but it has gradually gotten worse, especially after I lowered the car. It only does it if turning at VERY low speeds, such as pulling through a drive through, in/out of a parking spot. That type of stuff. It also happens when applying the brake at slow speeds in situations stated before. Initial thought was my ball joint. So I replaced my whole lower control arm. Didnt fix it. Its hard to explain the noise but its def metal on metal rubbing or smacking or something. Every once in a blue moon ill get when I hit a bump. Im thinking now maybe sway bar, end links, strut mounts (at the knuckle), something in the suspension. Something that moves when I turn, shifts under breaking force, and gives at some bumps. Now that I think about it the car also pulls to that side which may just be an allignment issue. It also does it if I let off of the brakes suddenly, like at a green light. The car is a 4cyl 8G. Any help will be appreciated greatly.

QnzMostWanted
07-30-2009, 07:03 PM
what are you lowered on? could be the axle

galantofva
07-30-2009, 07:14 PM
tein s techs and gr2s. axels are still good. its not the clicking noise that axels make