PDA

View Full Version : tein springs

Sowndwayv
02-19-2003, 12:55 AM
i was thinking bout purchasing these springs becuase i heard some good reviews, and they are a bit cheaper than the Eibachs. The thing is its a 1.7" drop on the 3gs, and if i put it on my car (es i4) im worried about camber issues. Would camber be more prevelant in the front, back, or both? Should i go ahead and pay the extra 60 dollars for the prokits, or can that money be used for whatever camber correction i need?

2True
02-19-2003, 11:02 AM
Even with the Eibach springs you are "encouraged" to buy a camber correction kit. It does correct the positive camber you'll get with even a 1" drop on your car, it is so marginal however... a waste of money IMO.

With a 1.7" drop the back tires will be your main culpret. The rear of Mitsubishi's always camber worse than the front no matter what degree of drop. If you feel the necessity to buy a correction kit, just get it for the rear. Most allignment shops can correct it on your car with out a kit as long as it's really minor. Unless you're riding on you sidewall's... I wouldn't worry bout it.

Tein springs are nice 8)

Sowndwayv
02-19-2003, 02:31 PM
thanks a lot for the input. i have a friend with a shop and he was tellin me some cars could correct rear camber with washers or something like that. i think imma go ahead and get the teins since they are considerably cheaper. hopefully the front camber wont be too much of an issue. once again,thanks for ur opinion

Danger DANJ
02-20-2003, 08:17 PM
I've got Progress springs on a V6 which drop 2.25" up front and 1.8" in the rear. The alignment shop had no problems fixing the front camber, but the rear was off by -2 degrees. I got an Ingalls camber kit for that, but it's not absolutely necessary as long as you rotate your tires regularly. A plus is that with the camber being off, you do get slightly better handling.

Lazarus
02-20-2003, 08:28 PM
is each car made a little different? I have an I4 and I had the progress with the same drop as DANJ and I didn't have any problems Camber wise.fron or back? No system or any additional weight eighter so that may be the issue