PDA

View Full Version : did the duals....

6G72T
08-20-2009, 06:25 PM
3" may seem overkill, but I honestly didn't notice ANY difference. Sounds mean. I have no mufflers so its a bit raspy. I've been looking at either a single muffler before they split or two oval type with the tips. Not sure yet. I did the work myself all from used Yukons and the tips are from the new Vibe I want to say. All free.

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/363/ag20001.jpg
http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/5835/ag20002.jpg
http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/637/ag20003.jpg
http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/8892/ag20004.jpg

DFX
08-20-2009, 06:31 PM
looks good!

VegasMatt
08-20-2009, 06:33 PM
Looks good for a great price!

SPD_FRK
08-20-2009, 06:40 PM
They look pretty good, just not a fan of how low the exhaust is under the car.

showtime
08-20-2009, 06:43 PM

X2, It looks like it would hit the ground a lot over speed bumps or bumpy roads. But it looks good other than that, sound clip?

sponcar
08-20-2009, 06:45 PM
:icon_lol:awesome...!!!

beam514
08-20-2009, 06:45 PM
looks good. I would clean up the piping a little bit though, possibly with some really high temp paint. The difference in color of the piping is throwing me off, and its really visible being that low on the car

mko
08-20-2009, 06:46 PM
x3, looks good, but just a little too low. Hope you have some good roads around where you live

6G72T
08-20-2009, 09:49 PM
Well, having the coilovers really makes it easier. It doesnt bounce as low as if it were soft riding. There is about 2.5" of clearance. and whats funny since you mentioned that, I did raise it because it was closer than that. But yeah I was thinking silver paint or black.

RedGalant2k1
08-20-2009, 10:01 PM
Looks nice, and I remember how it sounds from meeting in Normal last time around. Black powdercoated pipes would be tits. And you should be able to run the piping ABOVE the rear axle and then split it to the other side.

6G72T
08-20-2009, 10:13 PM
yeah actually i contemplated it when i was at that point. just at the time i was at work and i needed to drive it home. but it's been fine so far. i'll have to come across more piping so that i can do it later on. next week were moving into our first house so we will be busy. but when i get to that point i will start looking into the muffler setup so i can go through emissions.

Serstylz2
08-20-2009, 10:16 PM
kew

wright06jhs
08-21-2009, 12:36 AM

+1 on that. I like the tips a lot tho.

Reelax
08-21-2009, 04:33 AM
Looks nice, and I remember how it sounds from meeting in Normal last time around. Black powdercoated pipes would be tits. And you should be able to run the piping ABOVE the rear axle and then split it to the other side.

yeah actually i contemplated it when i was at that point. just at the time i was at work and i needed to drive it home. but it's been fine so far. i'll have to come across more piping so that i can do it later on. next week were moving into our first house so we will be busy. but when i get to that point i will start looking into the muffler setup so i can go through emissions.

wow that piping is low... when i had mine done, i specifically had them do the split above the rear crossmember because of how low my car is... i think i would have ripped the piping off accidentally by now if it went under the rear cross member... but i am running 2.5" from the split back so it was "easier" than trying to stuff 3" piping through that gap (mine splits ahead of the gap). i also instructed the shop to keep the piping as close as possible to the tire well so that i would not lose too much ground clearance... and the result was i didn't lose any, and may have gained some! since you are going to have to do a muffler(s) sooner or later, you should look into redoing the piping to go over the cross member, maybe splitting it after the gap if clearance is an issue. here are some pics of mine for ideas:

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff8/ooreelaxoo/canons11020895.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff8/ooreelaxoo/underback1.jpg

as you can see, my piping is actually higher than the lowest parts of the suspension. also the way i did my tips, mufflers and rear bumper, the tips and mufflers are actually higher that stock would be... no more scraping on driveways. added bonus to routing abouve the cross member is that the piping is nearly invisible (it sits higher than the body kit)... the only thing you see from behind the car (unless you get down on the ground) is the bottoms of the SS mufflers and the tips.

rez887
08-21-2009, 04:43 AM
Sorry but your setup won't last more than 50 miles.

2002BlackDragon
08-21-2009, 09:11 AM
I like! If you do what Reelax said, then i think it will be the shit! Lets get a sound clip!

6G72T
08-21-2009, 11:59 AM
Sorry but your setup won't last more than 50 miles.

sorry but its been 200+ i know where I drive is good. the roads out here are nice. i can go over curbs diagonally and i'm fine.

2002BlackDragon
08-21-2009, 01:30 PM
Owned! LOL! But for real man, can we some sound clips of it?

ZigenScarface
08-21-2009, 02:48 PM
get a video clip of u doing a burnout

6G72T
08-21-2009, 04:21 PM
Owned! LOL! But for real man, can we some sound clips of it?

yeah actually i can try and get one later today. my camera doesn't really do it justice. its old school. but i will warn you it is raspy without mufflers around 4k and higher when under WOT.

Serstylz2
08-21-2009, 08:40 PM
soo its ricey then haha

Serstylz2
08-22-2009, 01:51 AM
join to your friends and learn more from them, your g got lots of hp with those cans:
http://www.jerseyrice.com/jr_gallery05.html

ur hating a little too much now, lets not get ridiculous

sponcar
08-22-2009, 06:42 AM
^ hey hey guys he is showing his new mod on his car... If u like it say something and If u don't just don't post... Stop acting like a jerk and posting stupid things....
I would like to see ure car... Or did I see it already??? At the ricer galery that u postted????

6G72T
08-22-2009, 10:26 AM
soo its ricey then haha

i wouldn't say ricey. the V6 has a good tone to it. real deep just not at higher rpm's. it has the rasp of a mustang we have all heard with straight pipes.

Originally Posted by rez887
join to your friends and learn more from them, your g got lots of hp with those cans:
http://www.jerseyrice.com/jr_gallery05.html

REZ i thought you were pretty cool but now that you own a BMW you're too cool for everyone here. stop hating. its not that bad. you know it. stop being a douche

ZigenScarface
08-22-2009, 10:44 AM
yeh rez.. go to the bm forums where everyones all talk if you dont like what people are doing here

G-spot
08-22-2009, 10:51 AM
^ hey hey guys he is showing his new mod on his car... If u like it say something and If u don't just don't post... Stop acting like a jerk and posting stupid things....
I would like to see ure car... Or did I see it already??? At the ricer galery that u postted????
Nice comeback! Spoken like a true noob. :lol:

Personally, I like his dulely setup I don't know where this rice thing originated nobody is gonna look underneath to check his pipe setup everytime every day but some of ya'lls comment shouldn't really be there.

Serstylz2
08-22-2009, 11:01 AM
i wouldn't say ricey. the V6 has a good tone to it. real deep just not at higher rpm's. it has the rasp of a mustang we have all heard with straight pipes.

Ohh i wasnt even thinking it was a 6 for some reason

blue8g
08-22-2009, 11:32 AM
do you see his username? idk about the T part but you get the idea

6G72T
08-22-2009, 12:36 PM
do you see his username? idk about the T part but you get the idea

yeah its a V6 not turbo though. those are plans way in the future.

sponcar
08-22-2009, 01:23 PM
Nice comeback! Spoken like a true noob. :lol:

-_-'

2002BlackDragon
08-23-2009, 02:55 PM
Just post up a vid or sound clip. And dont worry, it is sex!

krow
08-23-2009, 06:08 PM
I like the idea of the duals...but to me it looks way to low like the project wasn't planned well. The tips are pretty sweet.

yeah its a V6 not turbo though. those are plans way in the future.As far as the "6G72T"...it seems like some guys like to state claims on their sigs and car emblems that don't belong there such as a "T" behind their user name or a "VR4" emblem on the back of their car when they have 4 banger. I don't have many performance mods but I don't exaggerate claims either.

6G72T
08-24-2009, 10:24 AM
I like the idea of the duals...but to me it looks way to low like the project wasn't planned well. The tips are pretty sweet.

As far as the "6G72T"...it seems like some guys like to state claims on their sigs and car emblems that don't belong there such as a "T" behind their user name or a "VR4" emblem on the back of their car when they have 4 banger. I don't have many performance mods but I don't exaggerate claims either.

thank you. unlike others I can accept criticism. it wasnt too planned out. just kind of going with the flow. i personally am happy since it was free and i like the way it looks.

as for the second comment, yes it is stupid. its simply not a claim though. i never claimed to have been turbo it was just what i wanted for a name on a website. in person, my car has no badges but yes i know what youre talking about. i've seen it here in town lol.

krow
08-24-2009, 10:35 AM
Did you have a Megan catback on before the duals?

2002BlackDragon
08-24-2009, 11:11 AM
yeah, what r u doing with that?^ Keep your STL brothers in mind if you decide to sell it. LOL J/K

E_Emerson88
08-24-2009, 05:17 PM
i was actually thinking of doing a dual exhaust set up also. how did you make the hole in bumper on the right to fit the tip? other than the low pipes it looks good!!

6G72T
08-25-2009, 09:38 AM
all good questions. yes i did have the megan. i can sell it for pretty cheap. i did weld in a straight pipe where the cat would go though.

but yeah i just layed some painters tape over the hole and traced it and cut it out. then layed it on the other side and cut it. not too hard.

crzygtz
08-25-2009, 10:42 AM
wow that piping is low... when i had mine done, i specifically had them do the split above the rear crossmember because of how low my car is... i think i would have ripped the piping off accidentally by now if it went under the rear cross member... but i am running 2.5" from the split back so it was "easier" than trying to stuff 3" piping through that gap (mine splits ahead of the gap). i also instructed the shop to keep the piping as close as possible to the tire well so that i would not lose too much ground clearance... and the result was i didn't lose any, and may have gained some! since you are going to have to do a muffler(s) sooner or later, you should look into redoing the piping to go over the cross member, maybe splitting it after the gap if clearance is an issue. here are some pics of mine for ideas:

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff8/ooreelaxoo/canons11020895.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff8/ooreelaxoo/underback1.jpg

as you can see, my piping is actually higher than the lowest parts of the suspension. also the way i did my tips, mufflers and rear bumper, the tips and mufflers are actually higher that stock would be... no more scraping on driveways. added bonus to routing abouve the cross member is that the piping is nearly invisible (it sits higher than the body kit)... the only thing you see from behind the car (unless you get down on the ground) is the bottoms of the SS mufflers and the tips.

dope set up 6g72t i like how that looks. also sorry for the off topic but reelax what kind of mufflers are you using?

blue8g
08-25-2009, 10:45 AM
i believe he's using slp mufflers for a camaro

2002BlackDragon
08-25-2009, 12:52 PM
PM sent to 6G72T.

Too bad that it would be pointless for a 2.4 to have duals. Looks bad ass.

E_Emerson88
08-25-2009, 01:32 PM
PM sent to 6G72T.

Too bad that it would be pointless for a 2.4 to have duals. Looks bad ass.

im eventually doing a dual tip exhaust but just for looks. i don't want any hp gains

Reelax
08-25-2009, 04:39 PM
dope set up 6g72t i like how that looks. also sorry for the off topic but reelax what kind of mufflers are you using?

2x AERO TURBINE 2525 stainless straight through, non resonated... no internal packing, internal airfoil design. i also have an AERO TURBINE resonator before the split pipe to quiet things down since these mufflers do not really decrease sound levels very much as they are basically a straight through design.

Reelax
08-25-2009, 04:49 PM
im eventually doing a dual tip exhaust but just for looks. i don't want any hp gains

well unless it's FI or otherwise heavily modded NA or nitrous, duals on our cars are ONLY for appearance anyways. plus these aren't true duals, that would involve seperate pipe runs from each of the 2 cylinder bank collectors, essentially 2 full exhaust systems, not just a split before the rear. i didn't gain any performance from doing my exhaust like this but it looks how i wanted it to look and i know that it is unique (probably will never be duplicated).

4g63lover
08-26-2009, 12:23 AM
I actually like this. But the ground clearance is going to suck.

Bring380GT
08-26-2009, 06:13 AM
Looks very nice! I have been thinking about doing this to the bring now maybe I will :041:

T-double
08-26-2009, 11:05 PM
I love your exhaust relaxx. I am going to get duals too one my GTZ. When I get them done I will post some pics

Reelax
08-27-2009, 01:34 AM
I love your exhaust relaxx. I am going to get duals too one my GTZ. When I get them done I will post some pics

thanks bro. just make sure you go over the rear cross member to avoid scraping pipes.

crzygtz
08-27-2009, 09:33 AM
2x AERO TURBINE 2525 stainless straight through, non resonated... no internal packing, internal airfoil design. i also have an AERO TURBINE resonator before the split pipe to quiet things down since these mufflers do not really decrease sound levels very much as they are basically a straight through design.

Awesome thanks for the info man!

T-double
08-27-2009, 10:55 AM
How does it do under the gas tank, Someone told me that they would not weld one for me because of how close it was to me tank. I am going to show him the pic, so if he can't do it I will get it done.

Reelax
08-27-2009, 05:33 PM
How does it do under the gas tank, Someone told me that they would not weld one for me because of how close it was to me tank. I am going to show him the pic, so if he can't do it I will get it done.

my piping goes where the stock piping would go then splits before the rear cross member w/ one pipe going in the stock location and the other pipe wrapping the front edge of the spare tire well to the other side. i've never heard of a shop not willing to do this because fo the proximity to the gas tank unless they were not skilled enough to pull off the welds/fabrication... i would find a better shop.

6G72T
08-27-2009, 05:35 PM

well technically its not under the gas tank. gas tank ends just before the rear cross member. my piping goes around the gas tank like factory location, just when it hits the rear cross member i went under and not over like factory.