PDA

View Full Version : what goes on during alignment?

Sowndwayv
02-20-2003, 12:06 AM
I am thinking about goin to Sears to get my car aligned after i get my car dropped becuase thats the cheapest place i could find. I was wondering, if theres a slight camber issue with my tires, but a kit is not needed, will that be fixed with the alignment?

Alister_McRae
02-20-2003, 12:13 AM
as far as i know, i think they can adjust the camber to a very small amount without a kit, but if they have to adjust it alot, they need a kit. Im pretty sure thats how it goes, but maybe someone else has a different opinion......by the way, who is the girl in ur avatar, she is hot.. :thumbsup:

Liszt
02-20-2003, 12:38 AM
Jessica Alba (dark angel). https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif Anyway, I think you are right if camber is way way off you might need a kit. If it isn't they can correct it somewhat. Camber off a little only affects tire wear a little so I am told.

L

D03GTZ
02-20-2003, 02:55 AM
Actually camber affects tire wear a lot. When you see a tire where the inside is worn out and the outside is new, that is camber wear. It will also cause the most pull

djScript
02-20-2003, 04:09 PM
if you've got 18s, not all tire shops could handle your wheels. at least not in my area. even the major chains couldn't align my wheels. i had to call 5-6 shops to check if they could do 18s.