PDA

View Full Version : wipers question

CallaoNY
02-20-2003, 11:48 AM
sup ya'll just wondering if theres a way to take a wiper off( including arm) and just keeping one and making the one left wipe the whole windshield kna I mean? make the arm go all the way both sides... thanx

Fishboy55
02-20-2003, 01:48 PM
OMG!!! :shock: :shock: It's the dreaded Uniwiper mod....Quick somebody send this guy to the Honda Rice site!!!!!!!

:mg: Uniwiper

Chip

Xavier22
02-20-2003, 01:50 PM
AS U CAN SEE - most of us say thats rice - !! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

keep it as iz, imo!

Lazarus
02-20-2003, 04:00 PM
Noone on the page has that kinda mod. your best bet is to check the honda page and use their tutorial and modify it to your Galant

Fishboy55
02-20-2003, 07:37 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CallaoNY)</div><div class='quotemain'>"OMG" ?? .. u kinda fag or somethin' .. I wanna get that coz the wipers scratch my windshield sticker .. gotta get that one wiper to only do the windshield without getting the sticker worse..so anybody??</div>
Look BITCH. You're way too much of a newbie to be fucking with me. You want to make some kind of homophobic remark, take it someplace else, along with your Rice Assed Uniwiper mod!!!

Lazarus
02-20-2003, 07:46 PM
:orangeno: Wow you managed to piss Chip off. I don't think I have ever heard him swear before. Just leave it alone man, Like I said noone on the board has the mod. It's a safety issue for us, so noone deals with it.

Prophet
02-21-2003, 01:30 AM
Damn Chip I have never seen you that upset. Newbie pushed a button? https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

Okay here is how you do it. This as far as I can tell has never been done to a Galant but to each his own. What I do suggest though is that the reason you want to do this is because your banner keeps coming off is to go back to the shop and have them use another type of vinyl. I have had a total of four banners and never had that problem before.

Now if you want to do this all you have to do is there is a bolt fastening the wiper to the car. You will see it at the bottom of the wiper. Just unbolt it and then pull hard. Now you have a choice here. You can either use the longer one (drivers side) or you can use the shorter one (passanger). Take the one you choise and place it on to the passenger side wiper gear and secure. Now all this is doing is just repostioning the wiper. It does not change the wipers path. I would suggest doing this also in the summer time where there is very little chance of rain because the one wiper will not be suffecient if it rains hard. I am curious how this will turn out on a Galant so besure to take pictures and post but as you can see you might be hated in because the majority here thinks that it is "rice" myself included but again to each his own. At least you will be original with a Galant.

Jason

luxcrusr2000
02-21-2003, 03:58 PM
I think you have a cheap window banner, man. I'm on my second one and I've never had that problem. Or you might want to look into some new wiper blades. PLEASE don't do the uniwiper rice mod!
:monkeypiss: Uniwiper

Khopari
02-21-2003, 05:23 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CallaoNY)</div><div class='quotemain'>"OMG" ?? .. u kinda fag or somethin' .. I wanna get that coz the wipers scratch my windshield sticker .. gotta get that one wiper to only do the windshield without getting the sticker worse..so anybody??</div>
Look BITCH. You're way too much of a newbie to be fucking with me. You want to make some kind of homophobic remark, take it someplace else, along with your Rice Assed Uniwiper mod!!!</div>

i know jason,, i never seen chip so mad at newbie.. come down,,

Airbus A320
02-21-2003, 07:38 PM
Man bro I wanna see pics of it too. I think the only time its rice is when it covers the whole windshield when its turned off and if its painted. My friend has an M3 with a uniwiper and you cant see it when its turned off. My uncle also has an E55 AMG and you can just see a little bit of the wiper when its turned off. I have also been in his car in pouring rain and it did just as good a job as 2 wipers IMO. Good luck on the project!

mrjaydeeone
02-22-2003, 02:45 PM
just my 2cents but I have a banner on my windshield and letters across it and its staying on fine...