PDA

View Full Version : Coilovers

Auto-9
02-20-2003, 02:40 PM
Just wanted to know more about coilovers, since I'm actually thinking about modifying my suspension again (now that I know the car is all mine :twisted: ). They are ride height adjustable and not just stiffness adjustable correct? i.e. I'm cruising around normally so I can adjust them to be about the same as factory, then when I'm going autocrossing (just as an example, of course) I can lower my car and stiffen up the suspension, am I right?

Ed
02-20-2003, 04:00 PM
Well, you can adjust them to ride height, stock or lower...but as far as stiffness...thats where the KYB's come in.

pinoyesv6
02-21-2003, 01:44 PM
also remeber that when u change the ride height of ur car, u mess with ur alignment. so if ur gonna raise or lower ur car for a long period of time, then get an alignment everytime u change the ride height. if u lower for like a day and then put it back up the next then it messes it up a lil bit but just to the point to where its not perfect lol

Auto-9
02-21-2003, 03:47 PM
Well that is supremely...sucky https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif Maybe someone should invent an adjustable system that also corrects for alignment https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

Ghost Beat
02-21-2003, 03:49 PM
i actually adjusted mine a couple of times and went to take it to get aligned at a friends shop and he did it and afterwards said i didnt need it so dunno what that was about..

99BabyBenz-aka Herb
02-24-2003, 06:03 PM
also remeber that when u change the ride height of ur car, u mess with ur alignment. so if ur gonna raise or lower ur car for a long period of time, then get an alignment everytime u change the ride height. if u lower for like a day and then put it back up the next then it messes it up a lil bit but just to the point to where its not perfect lol

PinoyESV6, i hope thats not true cause whats the point in having adjustables. So if i had it down 1"1/2 for month then change back to original ride height i would have to get an alignment thats bull to me

pinoyesv6
02-24-2003, 06:16 PM

PinoyESV6, i hope thats not true cause whats the point in having adjustables. So if i had it down 1"1/2 for month then change back to original ride height i would have to get an alignment thats bull to me

i dunno if u notice this or not. but with me at stock height, and then i load up the car u can see the camber changing. the more weight i put in it, the more the tops of the wheels tuck in...

Auto-9
02-24-2003, 08:49 PM
Yeah I see it on cars all the time it the wheel travels in an arc. Even on BMWs it's kind of amusing. When the raise up the car the bottom of the tire slowly sinks close to the body and the top of the tire starts to move outwards, and as they load weight onto the vehicle the top tucks in under the fender more and more. I'm nuts https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif