PDA

View Full Version : BC Racing vs. Megan Racing Coilovers

bsilver23
09-15-2009, 08:08 PM
which are better?

Stewi
09-15-2009, 08:28 PM
Your not gonna find much feedback in BC since there is only 1 or 2 people on here with them the majority of people on this site have Megan, D2 or Tein. I personally didnt like my Tein coilovers, the Megans were OK but I thought they could be better, my D2's are scheduled to arrive in 2 days, so I dont know how they will be....yet.

bsilver23
09-15-2009, 08:47 PM
i was also looking at d2 as well and have heard good things...let me know what you think of em when you get them on

SPD_FRK
09-15-2009, 09:16 PM
Dont forget about Ksports as well. I received on input on the coilover topic not too long ago the Ksports and D2s seemed to be two of the top 2 head to head choices. Here is the link to my thread on the coilover stuff;
https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=38108

I chose the Ksport GT Pro system due to the inverted design, and to try something different. I haven't received my kit yet as it wasn't in stock anywhere so still awaiting delivery on it.

qnz
09-15-2009, 09:23 PM
I had owned a set of BC Racing coilovers before. They were on par with all the other sets of coilovers that are out there. Inverted monotube design (first of its kind) and 32 levels of dampening (also first to have this for eclipse/galant)

I read on other car forums that BC racing makes the coilovers for Megan racing, or that Megan racing bought the design for BC Racing's low-end coilovers. I dont know if that is just an internet rumor but i wouldnt be surprised if it was actually 1 company that was making megan, bc, d2, ksports and letting these companies rebrand them.

bsilver23
09-15-2009, 09:32 PM
ik that ksport coilovers are pretty good but the ones i would be getting then are the kontrol and, i mean idk, i dont think they would be all that good. i believe the gt pro would be good though

Stewi
09-15-2009, 09:54 PM
BC and Megan are both manufactured by APEXi according to EVOM research, D2 and K-Sport are manufactured by the same factory, not sure which brand owns the other or if there is a 3rd party company that just manufactures for both as sublet agreement. Tein makes their own stuff, JIC makes their own stuff.

bsilver23
09-16-2009, 03:14 PM
what kind of tein do you have? and how much could i get them from you for when you get your d2s put on?