PDA

View Full Version : windsheild wipers

Sowndwayv
02-20-2003, 11:33 PM
i think my stock ones are crapping out on me, they leave a lot of streaks. is there soemthign i should be lookin for in particular? what brands and sizes should i keep an eye open for?

Liszt
02-20-2003, 11:41 PM
I bought the Bosch replacement ones. They are crap do no buy them. They jump and skid all the time and don't wipe clean. (Yes I did get the right size) Just get replacements from your local dealer.

L

Prophet
02-21-2003, 01:13 AM
Get the PIAA's. I got them a few years back and though they are a little expensive they work really good. They are better than using Rain X on you windows. Just don't get the CF look alike. They do not look like CF at all. Just get the plain color.

Jason

Nick VR4
02-21-2003, 03:17 AM
You might want to use undiluted screen wash now and again and clean your blades with it
Also a a wind deflector helps keep the blades on the screen and not jumping at speed

TJC
02-24-2003, 03:27 AM
Driver side: 24"
Passenger side: 18"

PIAA's are a good choice as silicone remains supple and last a lot longer than rubber.

FYI, wax is also a GREAT alternative to Rain-X and works just as well. So the next time you wax your car, do the front windshield too. :thumbsup:

pinoyesv6
02-24-2003, 08:23 AM
but yea, there is no alternative to buying new wiper blades. over time these things wear down, get damaged blah blah blah. usually i just buy the mid grade washer blades. no need to spend an arm and a leg for something that i use once in a while. but yea, like i clean my wiper blades from time to time and that gives the blades some new life to them. i also clean the windshield good by hand. and put a layer of wax on it just to give the wipers an easier time. another thing my friends do is put my wipers up. in the winter it keeps my blades from freezing to the car and in the summer it keeps the blades from conforming to the shape of my windshield...its a hassle to put it down but its kool cuz i put theirs up too

TJC
02-24-2003, 11:25 PM
LOL Pinoy. It just makes it a hassle to open the hood, and I do that a lot. :mrgreen:

KNJGalant2002
03-08-2003, 05:59 PM
You can also clean the blades with rubbing alcohol. I usually try to clean mine once a month. I put rubbing alchol on a paper towel and just wipe them down. You have to see how much dirt comes off. You might want to try it first before getting new blades.