PDA

View Full Version : 99 ES I4 ecu turbo application

Poison457
09-30-2009, 06:48 AM
Hey everyone, new here only 2nd post first was a question about my ECU harness quite awhile back, thanks for all the help. I've searched but haven't gotten definitive any answer's I plan on getting another 4g64 block doing a DOHC and 5speed swap all at the same time "this is abit down the road heh" but i had a couple questions.

1. i know my ecu is pretty much plug and play with the 5speed, but for the DOHC and turbo do i need to switch to the evo ecu or is my ecu fully flash-able, and if i do need to switch how does the evo ecu mate up with the 5speed?

2. which head would be better for the turbo i know the evo head has a higher compression ratio at like 11-1 or close to that and the kia is 9-1 or something similar my understanding is that you would want the lower compression so you would have a higher overhead for the turbo.

3. a little off topic of the turbo and ecu but i did the rear disk swap and i used the v6 hubs, i read that you might get some shaking from using them but i haven't should i switch back to my original hubs just in case?

thanks in advance for all the help

Boosted
10-06-2009, 05:24 PM
As far as the head swap, the lower the compression the more boost your motor will be able to take. Both heads are great for turbo builds. It is all about preference. You will spend a bit more money on the Evo head, that's about it.