PDA

View Full Version : Rear motr mount, dam! but i got it!

rr2swift
10-09-2009, 12:44 AM
Imports hooked me up with the urethane front and rear, And damm was the rear a bitch, I've been a mechanic for 20 sompin years and that was the hardest rear mount i have ever had to do. Well it could be the spine surgery i had has something to do with my difficulty. LOL. If anyone is going to do this mod witch by the way is kick ass, Thank you Energy suspension, I can give you some pointers.

SkylineG1
10-09-2009, 11:55 AM
so what are the pointers?

rr2swift
10-10-2009, 12:05 AM
Get ready for battle. Remove frame cross member,And take apart sway bar linkage on the drivers side, remove body bolts on the drivers side, loosen body bolts passenger side, to get at the rear mm, next remove rear mount center bolt, there are 5 bolts for the rear mount to the frame, you have to take all 5 bolt out, there is a bracket on the trans, take out the 2 bolts holding that on,once you are there it's up to get it out, I found a good path thru the drivers side sway bar and outer tie rod, and moved the trans bracket off to the side, Good luck and i will give this DIY a 8 out of 10 in difficulty.