PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about lowering my galant

Narcosis
10-15-2009, 11:28 PM
I wanna drop my 8g sometime around December or January so right now I'm just trynna do some homework. Ive decided that I was going to go with the tein s tech springs BUT I have a question about the struts. I figured I will end up with the GR2s but I was wondering if i needed to buy shock/strut boots and strut mounts as well orr is that more of a personal preference thing?

Narcosis
10-21-2009, 06:57 PM
Does any one know the answer? Maybe its a stupid question I don't know. I really don't know much I'm kind of just learning what I pick up as I go along. Could I just use the strut boots and mounts I have now or do I need new 1's?

littlerick
10-21-2009, 08:21 PM
i think the boots will be ok but they reccommend changing the mounts

Exhaust power
10-21-2009, 09:15 PM
if you have the money you should buy the mounts/boots so you can have 2 sets of springs and shocks to switch back and forth to with out hassle of compressing them again and again. But then again you live in FL.

but to answer your Q i dont think its going to matter much if you re use your old ones unless there bad.

fliegendaffe
10-22-2009, 09:34 AM
when i lowered mine with s-techs and agx's, i replaced the boots and the mounts. my front oem mounts were fine, but my rears were bad. so good thing i was gonna replace them anyways.

Narcosis
10-22-2009, 12:35 PM
alright, thanks alot guys