PDA

View Full Version : Parts Parts Parts

BEAST
02-22-2003, 05:25 PM
I need to get some new parts for my car and I was wondering where I can find some good prices on them. I need to get a new hood and a new header panel. I found a website with them for really cheap. http://www.1autobodyparts.com/productlist....ion&browse=true ('http://www.1autobodyparts.com/productlist.cfm?model_id=268&keywords=Hood&make_id=26&search_on=description&browse=true')
They want $126.57 for the DOHC hood and $54.54 for the header panel (t-bar). That is a great price considering Mitsu wanted $425.72 for the hood and $109.37 for the header panel. Mitsu also wanted $278.33 for just the left headlight so am gonna order the J-specs for a little more than that :biggrin:. I was wondering if I am going to have any problems with these fitting as I assume that these aren't ginuwine Mitsu. parts. Does anyone know where I can find these cheaper or any other good sites to look at? I already email DELRAY motors about maybe getting a discount so I will see what they have to say in reply.

seth98esT
02-23-2003, 02:43 PM
Jspecs will cost you ~ $102 per headlights + shipping so id say about $300 total...not bad seeing how Mitsu wants $278 for one headlight :wink:

you might want to try to hit up your local junkyards, they always have cheap stuff

BEAST
02-23-2003, 02:49 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth)</div><div class='quotemain'>Jspecs will cost you ~ $102 per headlights + shipping so id say about $300 total...not bad seeing how Mitsu wants $278 for one headlight :wink:
</div>
Yea I already set up a deal with mitsupiet.

BEAST
02-24-2003, 11:14 PM
anybody else know anywhere else to try?

BEAST
02-25-2003, 04:50 PM
How hard or easy is it to put the header panel (t-bar) on? I may just put the header panel and hood on myself, and have them put the headlights in and body kit on.

2True
02-25-2003, 06:25 PM
Header panel is easy bro. You might need another person when you do the hood though.. atleast to hold it.

I couldn't find anywhere that could beat the prices you posted Jeremy, sorry.

BEAST
02-25-2003, 07:48 PM
Yea I figured that those were probably about the best prices.

BEAST
02-25-2003, 07:58 PM
I am thinking about just doing it myself but I don't want anything else to be screwed up. I am worried that I will miss minor stuff that the body will get. So I think that I will just take it to the body shop. I don't know though.

Moosh
02-28-2003, 01:14 PM
DO NOT ORDER FROM THAT WEBSITE! I tried ordering a T-Bar and they wanted to charge $50 for shipping and handling!!!!!!!!!!! They ALSO said in the email that they do not accept credit cards. Why the **** does it say we accept credit cards on their webpage? Look at my receipt:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>
Thank you for shopping with us. Your order has been received and now ready for shipping. However, please be advised of our new policy in processing your order. Â*

Due to high volume of cases regarding abusive used of credit cards (such as stolen credit card, charge back, unauthorized charging and other fraudulent transactions), we regret to inform you that we no longer accept CREDIT CARDS. In lieu of this, we will only accept checks (CASHIER?S CHECK, PERSONAL CHECK or MONEY ORDER) as a form of payment. Â*

Sales Order No: Â* Â* Â* 441

Order Total: Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* 54.59

Shipping Cost: Â* Â* Â* Â*49.00

Your Total: Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â*$103.59

We will ship your merchandise immediately after we receive your payment. Â*

Please make your check payable to: Â*

Parts Components International

12812 S Spring St.

Los Angeles, CA 90061

For more information, please call our Sales Office at (310) 538-5900 or e-mail us at [email protected] Â*

We guarantee satisfactory and the best way of serving you. Welcome to the world of smart shoppers! Â*

CUSTOMER SUPPORT TEAM
</div>

seth98esT
04-09-2003, 01:09 AM
interesting, so what did you end up doing BEAST?

BEAST
04-10-2003, 12:46 AM
I got my parts from www.autopartsland.com I put it in the links section. They have really good prices. Although I ordered them March 26th and still haven't gotten them but oh well, I'm not really in a hurry.

seth98esT
04-10-2003, 01:23 AM
keep us updated about the quality of the parts...

also did u get the hood with the DOHC bump?

BEAST
04-10-2003, 02:38 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth)</div><div class='quotemain'>keep us updated about the quality of the parts...

also did u get the hood with the DOHC bump?</div>
Sure did. It was actually pretty hard to find a place that had the DOHC hood. Luckily this place had the cheapest prices I could find and the right hood. For some reason, some of the places had the DOHC hood placed under the 95 instead of the 94 :?. I will let you guys know when I get my stuff and I guess it will be quality. I hope so.

QnzMostWanted
04-10-2003, 08:03 AM
why does the DOHC hood on the said say w/o turbo?!?!?!

BEAST
04-10-2003, 10:51 PM
No idea. I was wondering the same thing.

BEAST
06-28-2003, 06:35 AM
Well I am still waiting on my parts. I called not too long ago like the 19th and they said that they would ship them out the next day and be here in 5 days. Haven't got them yet. So you guys may not want to order anything from them. This is pretty rediculous.

seth98esT
06-28-2003, 02:44 PM
thats very retarded! you need to call and yell at them! its been 2 months! sheesh, im sorry, i wouldnt order from those guys again

BEAST
06-28-2003, 04:34 PM
Thats exactly what I'm thinkin