PDA

View Full Version : Keyless Entry Instructions

corywelborn
08-20-2002, 12:30 PM
Does anybody know how to program a keyless remote for the '99 Galant. Thanks.

Fishboy55
08-20-2002, 12:47 PM
Normally it has to be programmed by the dealership, I believe. The only thing you can change yourself is the audible notification of your alarm being turned on. The dealer will want to charge you for programming your remote, but several people have gotten by by telling them that they changed the battery and it doesn't work anymore. Hope that helps.

Chip

Auto-9
08-20-2002, 12:48 PM
As much as I tried I could never change my audibles...maybe I just suck at it.

sd2775906
08-20-2002, 01:58 PM
Somehow I turned off the horn when arming it, how do I get the horn back on...I hate looking to make sure it was armed.
Thanks

Fishboy55
08-20-2002, 06:03 PM
To activate or deactivate (Rallifan https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) the horn chirp, do the following with the key out of the ignition:

1) Press and hold the lock button on the remote for between 4 and ten seconds

2) While the lock button is pressed, press the unlock button

3) Release both buttons

Chip

corywelborn
08-20-2002, 09:17 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. What I'm actually looking for is how to program it to actually lock and unlock the car. It's just a stock remote that I got off of ebay.

HondaKillerGTZ
08-20-2002, 09:34 PM
I know how to do it!! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

KEYLESS ENTRY SYSTEM TRANSMITTER SECRET CODE REGISTRATION METHOD

Each individual secret code is registered inside the transmitter, and so it is necessary to register these codes with the EEPROM inside the receiver in the following cases:
[LIST]When the transmitter is replaced
If more transmitters are to be used
if it appears that a problem is occurring because of a faulty registration of a code[LIST]
A maximum of four different codes (transmitters) can be stored in the EEPROM memory. When the code for the first transmitter is registered, the previously registered codes for ALL transmitters are cleared. Therefore, if you are using two or more transmitters or are adding more transmitters, the codes for all transmitters must be registered at the same time.

1. Check that the doors lock normally when the key is used.

2. Insert the ignition key.

3. Ground terminal (1) of the data link connector. NOTE: This will connect terminal (1) of the data link connector to the ground, and the system will be in secret code registration standby mode. (Be sure you are grounding terminal 1, look carefully at the illustration below)

http://hondakillergtz.20fr.com/Data%20Link%20Connector.JPG
(If picture link does not work, try writing url in address bar:
http://hondakillergtz.20fr.com/Data%20Link...0Connector.JPG) ('http://hondakillergtz.20fr.com/Data%20Link%20Connector.JPG)')

4. Press the hazard switch six times between 10 seconds. NOTE: At this time the code registration monitor request is output (all doors locked and unlocked) and becomes registration mode. NOTE: The hazard warning light switch is turned on and off alternately whenever it is pushed.

5. Press The transmitter switch, and then press it two times between 10 seconds of the first press. This will register the code.

6. When registration is completed, the code registration monitor request is output (all doors locked and unlocked).

7. If you are using two or more transmitters or have added a second transmitter, the same registration procedure should be carried out within one minute after registering the code for the first transmitter. After the second registration is completed, the code registration monitor request is output (all doors locked and unlocked).

8. Registration mode will be cancelled under the following conditions:
[LIST]When the secret code for four transmitters has been registered;
When one minute has been passed after registration mode started;
When the ground connection is broken;
When the key is removed from the key cylinder.[LIST]
9. After the registration is completed, check that the keyless entry system operates normally.

[LIST]Remove the ignition key.
Close all of the doors.[LIST]
**This tutorial has been extracted from the Mitsubishi service manual (Vol. 3, p.42-68, 42-69)....

NOTE: I am not responsible for any damage caused to your car by using this tutorial, use it at your own risk!

Hope this helps everybody!!!

THX1139
08-21-2002, 04:31 AM
Ok, well its about 2:30 am...I have been trying to follow that tutorial, and as of now, my entry isn't very keyless. The doors never lock/unlock during any of the steps of the setup. I don't really know what I am doing wrong, but it may have to do with these issues:

--What kind of wire do you recommend for grounding?
--Where do you recommend I connect for grounding?
--When you say insert ignition key, does that mean leave it in off position, or should I be turning it, or what?
--Do I turn the hazards on and off 6 times (12 button presses) or just press it 6 times (3x on and off)?
--I am assuming that when you say press the transmitter button you mean the lock button on the remote?

I personally think those all sound like dumb questions, but I want to take care of this soon! Keyless entry is a must. Thanks for your help, I need it badly...

HondaKillerGTZ
08-21-2002, 01:51 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(THX1139)</div><div class='quotemain'>Ok, well its about 2:30 am...I have been trying to follow that tutorial, and as of now, my entry isn't very keyless. The doors never lock/unlock during any of the steps of the setup. I don't really know what I am doing wrong, but it may have to do with these issues:

--What kind of wire do you recommend for grounding?
--Where do you recommend I connect for grounding?
--When you say insert ignition key, does that mean leave it in off position, or should I be turning it, or what?
--Do I turn the hazards on and off 6 times (12 button presses) or just press it 6 times (3x on and off)?
--I am assuming that when you say press the transmitter button you mean the lock button on the remote?

I personally think those all sound like dumb questions, but I want to take care of this soon! Keyless entry is a must. Thanks for your help, I need it badly...</div>

You can use any wire for grounding, you can connect ground into any metal place in the car, or in the battery if you want (much better). Make sure you are grounding the terminal number 1 of the connector. The ignition key should be in "LOCK" position. The hazard switch must be pressed six times (3 on and 3 off). If the signal of the doors (lock and unlock) is not output, try taking the key off the cylinder, disconnect ground, reinsert key, then ground terminal 1 again. You have to press the lock button in the transmitter three times. Hope this helps you....

Tazz2000
08-24-2002, 08:17 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(THX1139)</div><div class='quotemain'>Ok, well its about 2:30 am...I have been trying to follow that tutorial, and as of now, my entry isn't very keyless. </div>

:lauging: That's pretty funny

BBGalant
08-24-2002, 03:39 PM
I called about 6 or 7 dealerships around the MD, VA, DC area, and got quotes from 65 to 80 bucks for them to program the transmitter! I almost started screaming at them. I understand how they work stupid people that don't know anything about their cars go to the dealership, so they can charge whatever they want, but this is too much. Greedy little bastards! I kinda did yell at one guy that quoted me $80. I told him it would probably take less than 5 minutes, he argreed, but claimed he didn't make the prices. Fuck that.

nightlife
08-24-2002, 03:58 PM
what does the data link connector look like? are there numbers on it?

Tazz2000
08-24-2002, 08:49 PM
What exactly did you tell them? I called mine and told them the battery went dead, and they told me to bring it in and they would take care of it.

FLO-DOG
08-24-2002, 10:56 PM
Thanks for the info, i, tryed it and at first it didn't work, After like the third try, i finally got it, hell i did both of my keyless entyrs.

Lee

TJC
08-24-2002, 11:30 PM
Wow, nice find in the manual. That's very interesting. You can actually get someone else's remote and program it to use on your own car, lol. What a weird way to start the registration process too. Hit your hazzards 6 times... where do they come up with this stuff. What are the Mitsu engineers on?!?!?! Hahahahaha!

MITZA
02-07-2003, 06:33 PM
I also cannot get the above info to program a remote I purchased for my 99 Galant. Any suggestions the key was in the off position and I grounded #1 and hit the hazard button 6 times and nothing. Is 1999 different from the above manual pages? I heard no noises from the Entry control box nothing locked/unlocked. I hate going to the dealer so If theres a trick to this let me know I tried atleast 6 times

THanks

BBGalant
02-09-2003, 06:01 PM
Maybe the 99's are different. Last summer I tried and tried for hours to get that thing to work, and it never did. So, I gave up. I've been thinking about splurging, and paying for the dealership to do it.

manybrews
02-09-2003, 06:40 PM
my suggestion is to goto the dealership.

and dont break the remote next time:P

corywelborn
02-12-2003, 12:08 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(flo-dog)</div><div class='quotemain'>Thanks for the info, i, tryed it and at first it didn't work, After like the third try, i finally got it, hell i did both of my keyless entyrs.

Lee</div>

So how did you access the data link connector? Did you have to remove any panels or drop the dash under the steering wheel?

Fishboy55
02-12-2003, 12:32 PM
No it's right up under the dash. If you look under the steering column, you'll see it clearly.

Chip

pinoyesv6
02-12-2003, 12:37 PM
sit on the drivers side. there is that plastic panel where ur knees are. run ur hand along the bottom and it should be on the right side.

corywelborn
02-12-2003, 01:21 PM
Aahhhhh. I found it. Thanks for the info.

corywelborn
02-13-2003, 07:42 AM
So, has anybody with yr 99 been successful programming the remote? I tried for two hours using all of the above suggestions and came up with nothing.

Danger DANJ
02-13-2003, 12:15 PM
So, has anybody with yr 99 been successful programming the remote? I tried for two hours using all of the above suggestions and came up with nothing.

I have the service manuals for the 99's, so I'll check to see if it's any different. PM me to remind me if I don't post back here in a day or so.

Update: I checked my manuals and it says the same thing that HondaKillerGTZ posted.

corywelborn
02-14-2003, 03:13 PM
Thanks for checkin. I guess I'll just have to take it to the dealer :x

Strahan
02-14-2003, 04:05 PM
I'll try it tomorrow on my 99 GTZ and see what happens.

jomin1016
03-26-2003, 11:30 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2002 11:30 pm Â* Â*Post subject: Â* Â*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Â*
Wow, nice find in the manual. That's very interesting. You can actually get someone else's remote and program it to use on your own car, lol. What a weird way to start the registration process too. Hit your hazzards 6 times... where do they come up with this stuff. What are the Mitsu engineers on?!?!?! Hahahahaha!
Here's what I'm lookin to do....I have a 2k w/stock keyless entry, but it died...called the dealer - they want 80 bux for the transmitter and 70 to program it..(shove that somewhere) - but I have a cheap designtech remote start - they sell a 3 button transmitter (keyless entry/remote start/garage door) but I'd like to try to program that remote to work on my car....

jomin1016
04-04-2003, 11:11 PM
Ok, guess no one has tried it....

HondaKillerGTZ
04-07-2003, 07:26 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jomin1016)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2002 11:30 pm Â* Â*Post subject: Â* Â*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Â*
Here's what I'm lookin to do....I have a 2k w/stock keyless entry, but it died...called the dealer - they want 80 bux for the transmitter and 70 to program it..(shove that somewhere) - but I have a cheap designtech remote start - they sell a 3 button transmitter (keyless entry/remote start/garage door) but I'd like to try to program that remote to work on my car....</div>

I dont think aftermarket transmitters will work with the Mitsu keyless system...

TJC
04-11-2003, 02:01 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HondaKillerGTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>
I dont think aftermarket transmitters will work with the Mitsu keyless system...</div>

Exactly. It's supposed to be for factory keyless entry remotes only. Of course I haven't verified this but did read somewhere it supports up to 4 transmitters.

Kalamidad
04-11-2003, 10:02 AM
has it worked for any 99?

kidrocking79
04-16-2003, 09:26 PM
I lost my keys and I ordered a remote and a blank key from ebay. Both are the exact same as the orig (except for the program and the fact that the key is neither programed or cut). I'm guessing cutting thekey is not a prob, but what about programming the key? also I have an alarm installed by the factory on my car(which I thought they did a shitty job on, but that's besides the poing), will that affect the programming of the remote, and how will I program the key once it's cut??

ewgiii
04-16-2003, 11:58 PM
anyone know where i can find a really cheap remote to play with!?!?!? i need the trunk button on it too...

Gladiator
04-27-2003, 04:36 PM
Does this mean I can order any 01 Galant keyless remote from Ebay and follow the programming instructions? Because I am thinking of ordering this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...2412943828&rd=1 ('http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33723&item=2412943828&rd=1') With FCC ID: HYQ12ABA

would remotes with that ID work?

jomin1016
04-29-2003, 01:48 AM
yeah - that looks like a pretty good deal considering my dealer wanted 80 bux for a new transmitter, and 70 to program it....will it work for a 2K? -

kidrocking79
05-18-2003, 10:49 PM
Will the 99 key blank also work w/ the 03???

Gladiator
05-18-2003, 11:11 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kidrocking79)</div><div class='quotemain'>Will the 99 key blank also work w/ the 03???</div> doubt it because 03 has the trunk release button so I assume its a different transmitter.

Just go on Ebay and buy a transmitter for 03 because I bought one for my 01. Worked like a charm, I am extremely happy https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif

kidrocking79
05-18-2003, 11:46 PM
I was talking about the key.. not the remote...

jomin1016
05-19-2003, 02:33 PM
I got it I got it.....mitsu can look elswhere for their 70 bux. Don't even think about havin them program yer remote - waste of money - took me five minutes.....

ND4SPD2000
06-05-2003, 07:25 PM
I have a question,

Ok, I just programed my remote for my car. It took me about 4 tries but I was able to do it.

Now here's the thing...
I have two remotes, I installed one of them, but when i tried to install the other remote, the first one I installed stopped working. It's like if it got deleted.

I think it might be also because I had 3 others one installed on the car before and I think it could only take 4.

Is there anyway I can delete the ones from before? I lost them so I no longer have em.

THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSE.

jomin1016
06-06-2003, 12:14 AM
I dunno, looks like in the instructions, it says that when u program one, the others that are already programmed are cleared....I'd try it a couple more times....just make sure u do them both in the same interval, in other words, program one, then the other right away ....

DJ Galant
07-02-2003, 05:01 AM
does it work for 99?????

jomin1016
07-03-2003, 12:36 AM
I'm pretty sure it works for 99 - mines a 2K - but do a search on here for someone who has a 99 - I'm sure u can find it -

ewgiii
07-10-2003, 01:07 PM
um guys, i need major help. I tried this, but made the mistake of trying to ground 1 before i had the keys in the ignition. i got a spark. After this, i started over and it didn't work when i did it right. After i gave up, i discovered that not only did my original remote stop working, but my power locking and unlocking stopped working completly as well :scary: !!! Help!!! Anything i can do? Or should i take it to Mitzu and complain about their poor workmanship!?https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

VIO
07-10-2003, 01:23 PM
hey ewqiii - it sounds like you blew a fuse. check your fuses and i think you'll find the problem.

ewgiii
07-10-2003, 01:35 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VIO)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey ewqiii - it sounds like you blew a fuse. Â*check your fuses and i think you'll find the problem.</div>
https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif GREAT IDEA!!... damn i feel like an idiot... brb...

ewgiii
07-10-2003, 01:51 PM
Hey, thanks. idk whats wrong!!!! i tried it again and blew another one.... lol

VIO
07-10-2003, 02:23 PM
it sounds to me like you keep grounding a hot wire. i don't mean any offense here but are you sure you're grounging the correct pin? what are you gounding it to?

ewgiii
07-10-2003, 03:09 PM
it sounds to me like you keep grounding a hot wire. i don't mean any offense here but are you sure you're grounging the correct pin? what are you gounding it to?
i'm almost sure its the right one. I was grounding it to a metal part that was located slightly to the right.

VIO
07-10-2003, 03:18 PM
hhhmmmm..... i'll take a look at my car on break and see if i can figure out what you're doing. that pin should be hot.

ewgiii
07-11-2003, 02:12 AM
hhhmmmm..... i'll take a look at my car on break and see if i can figure out what you're doing. that pin should be hot.
hey guys. I got all the steps completed but when it was time to press lock, it stopped working. I got a new battery and it didn't work. Then when i tried it with the remote i already had, it worked. IDK, maybe its the remote, or maybe its cuz i got a 2002. Thanks for all the help, though.

jomin1016
07-11-2003, 11:03 PM
dude - yer grounding the wrong pin for sure - I've been there - done that -
check the instructions again very carefully - and then find the right pin - the pins are numbered, but they're very small #'s - I went through the same process before - but the correct wire is not hot, like the above reply says.

ewgiii
07-13-2003, 02:07 AM
dude - yer grounding the wrong pin for sure - I've been there - done that -
check the instructions again very carefully - and then find the right pin - the pins are numbered, but they're very small #'s - I went through the same process before - but the correct wire is not hot, like the above reply says.i understand that i was grounding the wrong wire @ first. But after i got the correctt wire, and i found out that it still didn't work when i got to the part with the remote (and i changed the battery) i concluded that the remote didn't work. thanks.

wcc2003
08-01-2003, 03:16 PM
i just bought a used 2001 galant es. the local dealer said that it came with a two-button remote based on vin. the fcc id is hyq12aba. i noticed that there are 3-button one's in eBay with the same fcc id. there are also other 3-button ones with different fcc id: oucg8d-525m-a in eBay. following are my questions to those who have experiences:

1) can a 3-button one used for a 2-button function if they have the same fcc ids? (need diagram to figure out). mistu's part # mr490286, to mr587858 to mr587751. all have the same fcc ids HYQ12ABA.

2) can a different fcc id one be used? (i have no idea) when i open up my trunk, there is a wire connected to the lock. i suspect that the wiring of the keyless entry w/ or w/o alarm is the same. i could not imagine why they would make it different. the control modular may not be the same. hence, the third button may not function if it is not "connected" to the control modular. but, why there is a wire connected?

3) when the open buttun is pushed, all doors including trunk, are open. or the trunk door is not connected to the same buttun. is this the reason for the "trunck" button? otherwise, why there is a need of the trunk button, if all doors are open when pushing twice on the "open" button.

anyone's opinion is welcome.

Gladiator
08-01-2003, 06:43 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wcc2003)</div><div class='quotemain'>i just bought a used 2001 galant es. Â*the local dealer said that it came with a two-button remote based on vin. Â* the fcc id is hyq12aba. Â*i noticed that there are 3-button one's in eBay with the same fcc id. Â*there are also other 3-button ones with different fcc id: oucg8d-525m-a in eBay. Â* following are my questions to those who have experiences: Â*

1) can a 3-button one used for a 2-button function if they have the same fcc ids? Â*(need diagram to figure out). Â*mistu's part # mr490286, to mr587858 to mr587751. Â*all have the same fcc ids HYQ12ABA.

2) can a different fcc id one be used? (i have no idea) Â*when i open up my trunk, there is a wire connected to the lock. Â* i suspect that the wiring of the keyless entry w/ or w/o alarm is the same. Â*i could not imagine why they would make it different. Â*the control modular may not be the same. Â*hence, the third button may not function if it is not "connected" to the control modular. Â*but, why there is a wire connected?

3) when the open buttun is pushed, all doors including trunk, are open. Â*or the trunk door is not connected to the same buttun. Â*is this the reason for the "trunck" button? Â*otherwise, why there is a need of the trunk button, if all doors are open when pushing twice on the "open" button.

anyone's opinion is welcome.</div>

I don't think there is keyless trunk release in 01 ES because that is what I have. I am using a two key remote I bought off E-Bay and it works fine after following the instructions.

wcc2003
08-02-2003, 06:21 PM
It is confusion to grab the right fob deal for the Galants from eBay. One seller claims that fob (FCC ID: HYQ12ABA) is good for 00 & 01 Model Year Galants, and another seller claims that fob (FCC ID: HYQ12ABA) is good for 00, 01, 02 & 03. A third seller claims fob (FCC ID: OUCG8D) is good for 02 & 03. Who is right or wrong?

I browsed the FCC ID search sites and found that FCC ID: HYQ12ABA was granted to Denso Corp. in 1995 and FCC ID: OUCG8D was documented for Omron Copr. in April 2001. This information implies that HYQ fobs are good for model yr. up to 01 and OUC fobs are good for model yr. 02 & up. Local dealers verified that my 01 Galant (Manuf. in May 2001) uses HYQ fobs. However, it doesn't mean that OUC fobs couldn't be used for the HYQ ones, if they transmitt the same signal frequency and coding to the receiver in the cars.

There are 2 (Lock & Unlock) or 3 buttons (Lock, Unlock & Panic) in HYQ fobs. There are also 2 (Lock & Unlock) or 3 buttons (Lock, Unlock plus Trunk or Panic) in OUC fobs. In fact, there are 7 submodels for the OUC fobs in according to FCC information. It appears that 02 model year have the Trunk button opition, while 01 model year doesn't have. If OUC and HYQ fobs transmitt the same signal and control coding, i.e. they are compatible, one would have more choices to grab fobs at a lower price from eBay. Whther the Trunk button works or not, it doesn't matter.

Can we start to gather these information by posting your model year, transmitter FCC ID and # or buttons on the fob of your car?

--------
just bought a 01 Galant

dza
08-06-2003, 02:58 PM
To activate or deactivate (Rallifan https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) the horn chirp, do the following with the key out of the ignition:

1) Press and hold the lock button on the remote for between 4 and ten seconds

2) While the lock button is pressed, press the unlock button

3) Release both buttons

Chip

but will it honk if your car is broken into... or would the lights just blink?

by the way, food for thought... those instructions aren't specific enough. Your door needs to be opened and it didn't work for me if you held lock longer than 6 or 7 seconds. And, you have to press and hold unlock and make sure you release them at the same exact time.

snowbrdmor
08-26-2003, 03:52 PM
The link to the picture of the data link connector no longer works. Does anyone have a picture of it, so that I can make sure I'm connecting to the correct location and terminal #1.

Thanks

snowbrdmor
08-26-2003, 03:52 PM
The link to the picture of the data link connector no longer works. Does anyone have a picture of it, so that I can make sure I'm connecting to the correct location and terminal #1.

Thanks

wcc2003
08-26-2003, 10:11 PM
I had the same question originally. I figured it out somehow. Here are the information about the data connector:

1) It is a female 16 pin OBD-II connector, i.e. the same as the one used for California Smog test connection for all 1996+ car.

2) The connector is a trapzoid shape and Pin # 1-8 are in the wider side or the upper row.

3) Pin # 1 is the leftest pin in the upper row of the data connector. If you use a flash light & maganifying glass, wou would see 1 & 8 letters on the upper left & right hand edge, respectively.

4) The location of the data connector is between steering column and center console.

5) It is facing the brake paddle.

GalantSilver99
10-25-2003, 01:58 PM
Can anybody get me the picture that HondaKillaz was showing on the first page, I am trying to program my remote and I want to make sure I got the right terminal

ksdprasad
11-15-2004, 10:34 AM
Any Pictures of DLC (Data Link Connector) of 2000 8G.

jomin1016
11-15-2004, 08:27 PM
.....I think the best way to identify it is like wcc2003
said, with the magnifying glass and a flashlight....u can see the numbers on it

krazienluv10
05-01-2006, 10:11 PM
http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/6426/dlcpinout1zz.gif

hey guys im a lil confused... u some of u guys say ground pin 1... from the the pic above, is that the reason why it goes on registration mode?? soo pin 1 isnt actually a ground then right (im tthinking why am i grounding to ground)??? just got cofused why people are telling me too hook both 1 and 4 up...how did u guys hook it up to the actual terminal though???

jomin1016
05-07-2006, 11:37 PM
You don't have to hook 1 & 4 up - just stick a wire into pin 1 and run it to any ground - and make sure your door is closed - then follow the instructions

guynlidia2006
03-27-2008, 05:38 PM
sweet now mu hurn honks so i know when it is locked

dknight3
03-27-2008, 06:38 PM
http://www.galantwiki.com/index.php?title=Programming_keyless_entry

4-G-rim
03-27-2008, 08:55 PM
I created a thread in the "How To" sections of the boards on programming keyless entry remotes.

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=28357

Exhaust power
11-17-2008, 01:43 PM
I have a question if my car didnt come with a factory keyless entry what factory parts will i need from another galant to make it work. I have 2000 es galant and i tried programing my key fob, i grounded term 1 to the medal part of the pedal but it wont go in to the secret mode after the rest of the steps. im going to call the dealer and ask if i have it. i just want to know if i dont have keyless what modules/parts do i need from another galant or mitsubishi . If i do have keyless my teacher just told me to ground straight to - part of the battery. thanks

yeah i have did some research and i know the keyless steps by heart.

617Lowrider
12-09-2008, 12:21 AM
do all galants come with alarms?

rsievers
12-15-2008, 09:38 AM
Ok, here's what I did on my 2003 Galant ES, which I purchased earlier this month. It came with only one key and no remote.

I was very unsure about which remote to buy in the first place. I did quite a bit of searching on various Galant forums, eBay and elsewhere on the Internet. That work led me to believe I needed a remote with lock, unlock and trunk buttons. FCC code OUCG8D-525M-A seemed to be the right one. I called the local Mitsubishi dealer, gave their parts guy my vin and he said I needed part number MR-587980. Another Internet search using that part number confirmed that the results of my earlier research were correct and I ordered one off eBay from Remote Supermarket. It was actually a used Mitsubishi remote, not an aftermarket piece.

Again I searched the forums and the 'net and studied the service manual for programming instructions and figured I knew how to do it. However, on Saturday after many attempts I gave up...very frustrated thinking I had bought the wrong remote. I went back to the computer for more answers and decided to try the following procedure the next day.

(In this order)
Key in ignition. (Don't turn it on...just put it in)
Door closed (actually a piece of tape to hold the dome light button down)
Ground Pin 1 on the OBD II connector to the negative post of the battery...push the emergency flasher switch 6 times...all within 10 seconds. The locks went up and down and I finally had the car in the remote programming mode. I think it's important to note that I did the grounding and the button pushing all within ten seconds. I used some alligator clips to help make the ground connection while sitting in the front seat.

Once the car was in the programming mode I pushed the Lock button on the remote three times within ten seconds. That made the locks go up and down again. I removed the ground connection and the key and tested my remote. It actually worked. First attempt. I was elated since my earlier attempts failed to get the car in the programming mode in the first place.

I would say that following these steps in this order would work for anyone, provided they had the right remote. Again, this worked for a 2003 Galant ES. YRMV. I know some people say connect pins 1 and 4 and I was going to try that next, but didn't need to. So I don't know if that is necessary.

Thought I'd pass this on in case it may help someone. I know I was really frustrated after my first attempts failed.

I did buy another key, but yet to have it programmed. More on that later.

BIGMONEYDAY
12-15-2008, 02:20 PM
Rsievers, thanks for the info and the programming steps. I'm in the exact same boat right now. I just bought another (yep I got 2 now) Galant from the auction, and it only came with 1 key and no FOBs. I needed that FCC ID number and steps to program it as a standby.

rsievers
12-15-2008, 03:24 PM
Rsievers, thanks for the info and the programming steps. I'm in the exact same boat right now. I just bought another (yep I got 2 now) Galant from the auction, and it only came with 1 key and no FOBs. I needed that FCC ID number and steps to program it as a standby.

My searches seemed to indicate that a different FCC number corresponds to earlier 8Gs so be careful. Earlier Galants had different button configurations as well. I think just lock and unlock. I shoulda made notes on everything I found. But I do know the FCC number that I list does work on the 2003 Galant.

BTW, I couldn't find anything on alarms or the "panic" button remotes and assumed that 03's don't have that feature. Another thing I found is that if there's no key hole for your trunk...it is opened by a remote....and of course the lever by the driver's seat.

BIGMONEYDAY
12-16-2008, 10:44 AM
My searches seemed to indicate that a different FCC number corresponds to earlier 8Gs so be careful. Earlier Galants had different button configurations as well. I think just lock and unlock. I shoulda made notes on everything I found. But I do know the FCC number that I list does work on the 2003 Galant.

BTW, I couldn't find anything on alarms or the "panic" button remotes and assumed that 03's don't have that feature. Another thing I found is that if there's no key hole for your trunk...it is opened by a remote....and of course the lever by the driver's seat.

I have a '99 too, and it has the 2 button remote. (If anyone needs the FCC ID # on the back, just let me know and I'll post it.) But yeah Rsievers, I noticed those remotes with the panic button and wondered if we could use them. I know my cousin's '96 has this function on his factory remote that honks the horn when it's pressed and also if someone gains entry by using the interior door handle, when it's locked. I went by the dealership to see it it has a factory alarm, and they said that if it did, you would see an emblem of a car with a key on it, on the dash where the other warning lights are, when you lock the car. Also I noticed the fact about popping the trunk with the lever or by remote.

Does anyone know if you can disable the interior trunk lever? I only ask cause the last few times that my '99 got broken in to, they used this lever to steal the items in the trunk. On this Galant I want to prevent it before it starts. I'm thinking about maybe getting a trunk piece from an earlier model with the keyhole, and transferring it over and hopefully still be able to keep the power trunk release.

617Lowrider
12-17-2008, 03:27 PM
Does any1 kno the type of remote needed for an 01 gallant?

rsievers
12-17-2008, 03:48 PM
Does your trunk have a keyhole? If not, my guess is that you need a two button remote with lock and unlock. With FCC number HYQ12ABA. Again, that all just a guess, don't hold me to it. Look for 'em on eBay.

If your trunk has no keyhole, you probably need a three button remote, lock, unlock and trunk. But I think the FCC number would be the same.

This may be the one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1999-2000-2001-MITSUBISHI-GALANT-KEY-REMOTE-FOB-99-01_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1205Q7c66Q3a2Q 7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a1Q7c293Q3a 1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem3 70129086197QQitemZ370129086197QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5f TruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

rez887
12-17-2008, 04:36 PM
Does any1 kno the type of remote needed for an 01 gallant?

Two button.

nadeepa
12-25-2008, 11:03 AM
This is my experience.

My 02 G ES didn't had a remote when I bought it. So I ordered one with 3 buttons from ebay (FCC ID OUCG8D-525M-A).

I went through the instructions in the tutorials but I'm without success yet. I tried both connecting pin 1 of data port to pin 4 and connecting pin 1 to the negative of the battery. Yet I couldn't enter to the secret mode.

And, yes, I tried replacing the battery of remote. During trying once I blew up the fuse of the RKE circuit and had to replace it.

Any suggestions ???

Exhaust power
12-25-2008, 04:10 PM
only applys to after market radio with a ground wire.

this is how i did my keyless entry programing it took a wile to figure it out but it worked like a charm...i wasnt grounding the wire right so this how i made sure. if your after market radio works it has a proper ground .

when your doing these steps it all has to be done under 10 secondes total

step 1: plug a wire into terminal one . this way you dont have to keep
going back under the dash to restart.

step 2: pull out the radio diconect it and use its ground wire(usually black) to connect to terminal 1 wire. this way you know you have a complete and working ground. this begins the 10 second count down.

step 3: put the key in and leave it at lock/off

step 4: press the hazard button 6 times. the doors should unlock and lock

step 5: press eney button on the keyless entry 3 times. and the doors should lock and unlock and then pull the key out and every thing is done.

tips 1) your wire wont ground unless its tightly on to a medal surface propley like your - battery term for ex if its not tight = no proper ground.

2) keep doors shut and locked before the programing and make sure the dome lights are off before you start.

3)programing step 2 and 3 can be interchangeble if it dosnt work out the other way.
just my 2 cents

starh4x
12-25-2008, 04:58 PM
do all galants come with alarms?

no

GALANT59
05-04-2009, 07:14 AM
can someone make a video how to on this??

GALANT59
05-09-2009, 02:31 AM
I know how to do it!! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

KEYLESS ENTRY SYSTEM TRANSMITTER SECRET CODE REGISTRATION METHOD

Each individual secret code is registered inside the transmitter, and so it is necessary to register these codes with the EEPROM inside the receiver in the following cases:
[LIST]When the transmitter is replaced
If more transmitters are to be used
if it appears that a problem is occurring because of a faulty registration of a code[LIST]
A maximum of four different codes (transmitters) can be stored in the EEPROM memory. When the code for the first transmitter is registered, the previously registered codes for ALL transmitters are cleared. Therefore, if you are using two or more transmitters or are adding more transmitters, the codes for all transmitters must be registered at the same time.

1. Check that the doors lock normally when the key is used.

2. Insert the ignition key.

3. Ground terminal (1) of the data link connector. NOTE: This will connect terminal (1) of the data link connector to the ground, and the system will be in secret code registration standby mode. (Be sure you are grounding terminal 1, look carefully at the illustration below)

http://hondakillergtz.20fr.com/Data%20Link%20Connector.JPG
(If picture link does not work, try writing url in address bar:
http://hondakillergtz.20fr.com/Data%20Link...0Connector.JPG) ('http://hondakillergtz.20fr.com/Data%20Link%20Connector.JPG)')

4. Press the hazard switch six times between 10 seconds. NOTE: At this time the code registration monitor request is output (all doors locked and unlocked) and becomes registration mode. NOTE: The hazard warning light switch is turned on and off alternately whenever it is pushed.

5. Press The transmitter switch, and then press it two times between 10 seconds of the first press. This will register the code.

6. When registration is completed, the code registration monitor request is output (all doors locked and unlocked).

7. If you are using two or more transmitters or have added a second transmitter, the same registration procedure should be carried out within one minute after registering the code for the first transmitter. After the second registration is completed, the code registration monitor request is output (all doors locked and unlocked).

8. Registration mode will be cancelled under the following conditions:
[LIST]When the secret code for four transmitters has been registered;
When one minute has been passed after registration mode started;
When the ground connection is broken;
When the key is removed from the key cylinder.[LIST]
9. After the registration is completed, check that the keyless entry system operates normally.

[LIST]Remove the ignition key.
Close all of the doors.[LIST]
**This tutorial has been extracted from the Mitsubishi service manual (Vol. 3, p.42-68, 42-69)....

NOTE: I am not responsible for any damage caused to your car by using this tutorial, use it at your own risk!

Hope this helps everybody!!!

i did this step by step today and it was soo damn ezzzz....took like 1min to do ...i have to get a batt for my other remote so when i do that 1 ill make a vid so itll be easy for ppl to do:orangeyes:

GALANT59
05-28-2009, 03:13 AM
i grounded terminal 1 with jumper cables on the neg. post of the batt

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o176/JagguDaDa/SDC12069.jpg

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o176/JagguDaDa/th_SDC12090.jpg (http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o176/JagguDaDa/?action=view&current=SDC12090.flv)

sarmodi
04-08-2012, 12:21 AM
I have bought a 4-buttons keyless entry remote for my 2003 Mitsubishi Galant

FCC ID: OUCG8D-525M-A

OMRON G8D-525-18

Manufacturer Part Number:

CANADA: 850104241A

I did programmed the remote myself using the pin 1 to pin 4 connection method. inserted key into ignition with OFF position Pressed hazard button 6 times within 10 sec (door locks and unlocks) and then presses lock button on remote three times (doors locks and unlocks) then removed the key from ignition.
Then I tried the remote it opens the trunk and locks doors but DOESN'T unlock and DOESN'T horn when panic button is pressed.

Any reason why ?

Note I left driver's door open while doing programming because I got under sterning wheel and it's little hard to locate pin 1 and 4 and I kept holding the connecting pin with my hand to ensure connectivity.