PDA

View Full Version : New member from GA

The Kent
10-31-2009, 11:10 AM
I'm hopefully picking up a burgundy 1997 Mitsu Galant LS with the I4 and auto transmission tomorrow or Monday. I'm used to driving domestic vehicles, I've only owned Ford vehicles up until this. I currently have a 2001 Ford F150 that has some appearances mods done to it, but I shot a plug out of the head and didn't feel like dealing with the gas guzzler anymore. A guy offered to trade me the Galant for the F150. Galant has had the motor replaced with another one with 84,000 miles on it. I have yet to see the Galant, but it looks decent in the pictures the guy posted. Can anyone tell me a little more info about the LS trim levels? Power windows and locks? I've never had a vehicle with power anything, always manual windows. I hope to learn some stuff from everyone here!

This was my baby up until she started sitting behind the sheds in my backyard. Hopefully I'll learn to love the Galant as much as I did my truck.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v420/fo0bie/Vehicles/P1010133-1.jpg

es_fact
10-31-2009, 11:26 AM
Hey man, welcome.

I'm' sorry to hear about your f150, i owned a couple a while back but upgraded to T D f350s tow trucks, i love them lol. Nothing like a good American truck.

Congrats on the find btw, I'm not a 7g kind of guy, but from what I've seen, they have a lot more support in the performance aspect. There are a couple of very experiences members here who own 7g's, and there is a fairly large bank of good info supplied for you in the 7th generation area of these forums.

Searching is key to finding your info, and if need be, you can always ask and expect an answer, as most of postpone labor in order to be on the forums.

Have fun, enjoy your stay, and once again... Welcome !

-ES

The Kent
10-31-2009, 12:18 PM
Thanks for the welcome. From what I have looked at so far, the 7g seems to have more performance oriented upgrades than it does for appearance. I don't plan on doing a whole lot to the car. Maybe blacking out the housings, clearing the corners(I hate amber corners), smoking out the tails, some 5 spoke wheels, and we'll see after that. The mod bug always bites me now matter what vehicle I drive.

From what I understand, the LS is the loaded model(power windows, locks, leather seats, etc, etc). Is this correct?

littlerick
10-31-2009, 06:28 PM
welcome and have fun with your galant

nando
10-31-2009, 08:26 PM
welcome good luck with that 7g when u get it post some pics..