PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Bushings!!! attn dohcstunr!

WhiteGalant
11-03-2009, 02:57 PM
Ok well I wanna get rid of the shitty old worn out bushings on my car and I want to get the right thing the first time.

I found this set on ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PROTHANE-TOTAL-KIT-MITSUBISHI-ECLIPSE-BUSHINGS-00-05_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2ea8cb293cQQitemZ200 400382268QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAcces sories#ht_2000wt_1167

I know its prolly missing a few things like motor mount inserts. But is this what I should get.

Also, whats the difference between energy and prothane bushings? Which is better?

DOHCstunr
11-03-2009, 07:32 PM
That kit will work fine,

I've found prothane to be better from a performance aspect. They Have a harder durometer urethane(which does not mean rougher ride)
They replace more bushings than the energy kit. and they are even available in the graphite impregnated black now. Wether you go energy or go prothane, get black. EVEN IF IT MEANS WAITING a few days for them to get them in stock.
The graphite impregnation helps to reduce/eliminate squeaks.

I run the red just fine without squeaks, but i did everything but setup a cleanroom to do the install.

WhiteGalant
11-03-2009, 08:16 PM
Ok cool, that's pretty neat they impregnate it with graphite. It's like a dry lube so that's pretty smart. I knew I could get a good answer from you. Thanks John