PDA

View Full Version : Intercooler pipe

Lazarus
02-23-2003, 12:14 PM
Hey all those that are building your own Turbos I had a question about your intercoolers. now depending on which turbo and intercooler you are going with your intercooler piping is going to be different. now my question is are you just buying pipe and bending it to your comfort. or are you getting a genweal type of pipe and modifying it?I was going to get the the Eclipse piping when it hit me that their piping is ass backwards to ours and I can't just turn it arounf to fit. so I was wondering if any of you had any suggestions.

Also for those who are planning on bosting your rides. I am just probing so see who might be interested in a GB for the intercooler piping that Norcal has on the Stratus. its the same as our engines do it shouldn't me to much modifying./ I talked to Cliff last night and he said he just needs to talk to the manufacturer about production of it. this will be for a front mount intercooler like that on Norcals Stratus. Thanks

http://www.norcal-performance.com/tim/1.jpg ('http://www.norcal-performance.com/tim/1.jpg')

g96nt
02-24-2003, 10:30 AM
what I did.. was use Radiator hose, and straight pieces of pipe

you'd be suprised how well it works.. and once you *DO*
you can mark it up, dis-assemble and bring it To a place so they can bend/weld you up some pipes To replace it.

in the meantime.... my crappy IC Setup holds well over 20psi

toc8g
02-24-2003, 11:32 AM
Damn Craig you are good,...thats exactly the setup my friend uses....and his shit is smokin!

DJ Galant
02-26-2003, 01:57 AM
check your pm

g96nt
03-05-2003, 10:29 PM
what'd We Decide?

Lazarus
03-06-2003, 07:10 PM
Just going to go to the muffler shop and get the pipe custom bent. I contacted Dougs Dyno who has the Turbo kit for the Eclipse/Galant and they were no help. they said they only sell it as a kit and wouldn't sell me the piping even when I offered tobuy the intercooler with it so I am just going to custom do all the piping. with the help of some rubber elbows.

LS1Hunter
03-06-2003, 08:37 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(g96nt)</div><div class='quotemain'>what I did.. was use Radiator hose, and straight pieces of pipe Â*

you'd be suprised how well it works.. and once you *DO*
you can mark it up, dis-assemble and bring it To a place so they can bend/weld you up some pipes To replace it.

in the meantime.... my crappy IC Setup holds well over 20psi</div>Radiator hose? I dont understand. Can you explain in detail?

-Ray

g96nt
03-06-2003, 10:10 PM
care of the late/great gus mahon

I was taught that radiator hose is *QUITE* durable... And due to its availability in all sorts of crazy bends/shapes.. it's perfect for intercooler hose.

that's All

a Real plus, is that it's available in 2.25. and 2.5" inner-diameter, From trucks, and Whatnot.

using short pieces of pipes that are either beaded, or roughed up Appropriately you can make any intercooler you need, mark it up, and bring it somewhere to be re-created.

or.. in my situation.. use it as An in-between from a temporary side-mount to a custom front-mount.

so... yeah
that's All, I guess.