PDA

View Full Version : Quad,turbo,nos

leadfoot
02-23-2003, 05:55 PM
this summer i was planning on getting a quad set up along with a tubo set up and backed with a 75 to 100 shot. now i know i cant run all this with just a stock motor that's why im making this what can i do to my engine to make it take the beating of a 12 to 15 psi turbo, quad set up and direct port nos. i do know that there are piston's and rod's but is this enough. im going to level 10 for the tranny.

Lazarus
02-23-2003, 06:15 PM
you are on the right track. With JE Pistons and Crower Rods. When you send your tranny to Level 10 or how ever you do it your going to need a Torque converter as well as bullet proff it. To go with the Quad tb you might as well invest in a stand alone Fuel Managment system. oh yeah and your most likely going to need to upgrade your brakes :twisted:

leadfoot
02-23-2003, 06:45 PM
i know about the brakes but is this all for the engine just the piston's and rod's nothing else?

Lazarus
02-23-2003, 06:47 PM
your engine interna;ls and your tranny is it as far as i know

Alister_McRae
02-23-2003, 09:53 PM
Thats awesome dude, but may i ask what do you do for a living, i need to get in on some of the action here, 9 bucks an hour just aint cuttin it. :roll:

pinoyesv6
02-23-2003, 09:55 PM
uhm u sure u want to do that? i mean putting the quads on the car would make ur car very impractical. u'd be drinking gallons of gas by the minute. add in a turbo and ur pouring gas str8 intop the combustion chamber. i wouldn't see sum1 like that be able to go the the grocery store and back without stopping to fill up on gas.

seth98esT
02-23-2003, 09:58 PM
yah quads are pretty much for track only...id just settle with duel intake mani, unless your just going to make this beast a trailor queen

leadfoot
02-24-2003, 06:01 AM
thanks for te info but you still havent answered my question.. i didint think the quad would be that big of a deal other than the price. where can i get the dual throttle body from and how much can i be expecting to pay for it? also what internal work can i do to the motor to make the beating of 15 psi and a direct port fogger system (75-100) shot.

Lazarus
02-24-2003, 06:03 AM
Go to www.visionimports.com they are a company based out in FLorida they get parts for our Galants and they can find out if we have a dual tb application.

SuperchargedGTZ
02-24-2003, 07:00 AM
well you will want to completely rebuild your egine. new gasket, new seals, and believe it or not, our rods on our engines are really good. the weak parts are the piston heads. i havent been able to prove it yet, but i think they are made of tin foil...hehe

call Ross at RIPP, he can give you a good idea of what to do and where to get everything.

goodluck

leadfoot
02-24-2003, 02:10 PM
i was going to go to f-max for the turbo kit but i dont think they make one for our car's so i have to look for another source. does anyone on the forum have a stage 2 - stage 3 turbo with an 8th gen l4? in some places they say they tested the utrbo charged galant and rated itat 300 hp so im estimanteing about 280 whp. i was looking for about 350 at the crank but i think that's aiming too high for our car's. as far as running this beast i will where can i get the engine rebuilt?

PS. i live in ATL

SuperchargedGTZ
02-24-2003, 04:05 PM
you should walk before you run....take it step by step....become knowledgeable about the kit, how it works, how it runs, how you can control it. i thought i knew about my car before i got the SDS, now I have learned so much and can carry on a conversation with someone knowledgeable about cars.

it doesnt take much to run a turbo, but it takes a alot to understand it. if you understand it, you can run your car more efficiently and safer. know the breaking points and its limits.

good luck

leadfoot
02-24-2003, 07:00 PM
i have done research on turbo's just not for this applicatoin i was going to get an altima basically the same 2.4 l4 sedan the only difference is the engine set up and one is nissan and one is mit. with an motor build and a stage 2 turbo on an altima running on 9 psi it run's a 13's i was planing on making my galant do the same(running 13's hopefully low) i know there is a different maybe more than i think. i want to do the same with the galant but i know i might have to do a little more to this car to make it withstand the stress im going to put on the engine and tranny that and i want ot run 15 psi when going to the track i also want to run direct port 100 shot. as you know im going to level 10 for the tranny set up and i have no idea where i should go for the motor someone mentiond ross so i have to look into that if anyone have a 8th gen galant please give me info on your set up and what you got from it thanks.

Kain
02-24-2003, 09:42 PM
Hmm, See I think the problem here is you're not grasping the whole of what you're wanting to do. If you do all of that stuff, you're going to have a car that is essentially not street legal, (in GA quad TB= no emissions inspection) Will get horrendous gas milage, is likely to detonate easily without proper tuning of the fuel maps, and will tear the tires off the rims everytime you step on the throttle.

I think you really need to go slowly. As far as I know, no one has ever made a super-fast car on their very first time out. Take your project in steps. Learn how each major item works with your car and each other before moving on to the next step. I can almost guarantee you, that if you were to throw a quad TB setup, Turbo, and nitrous at your car at the same time with your current knowledge (not to bash you, just making a reasonable observation) you'd almost instantly blow your motor. One big obsticle you're looking at is stand-alone engine management. This isn't "kid stuff" Learning how to properly manage a stand-alone engine management unit can take years. Even with today's very user-friendly units (AEM's new miracle box comes to mind) you're looking at a fairly steep learning curve.

Take this project gradually, and not only will you be much better off in the long run, but you'll have much more fun and if you can accomplish what you're trying you'll have a Galant probably running in the mid to low 10s assuming you can keep your traction at a level commiserate with the power being put out.

JiP
02-24-2003, 10:17 PM
I agree with Kain. I took a good 4 months of research and learning before starting to pick up parts for my projects. I know exactly what I want to do now and what steps I will do it in, and believe me nothing its geting done in 1 shot I figure by the time I complete my list of things to It will be late summer of 2004 and I started my project Sept 2002. Worst thing you can do is blindly just put things in and then watch ur car go up in flames lol, or worse spend a shitload on fancy gofast parts and not pass inspection and have to rip it out!

HeadAche
02-25-2003, 12:16 PM
I got Kain's back on this one.. You gotta walk before you run.. You'll never have fast ride on the first try, hell i know.. My motor is fully built race motor for the second time, everthing is done.. If your talking about running 15 psi, your not going to do it in A/T, thats for damn sure.. its not practical, you will get tons of slippage, even with it bulletproofed.. my tranny has been bulletproofed for about a couple months now, and from all the work that has been done to it.. It will only handle about 12psi.. I say you do more homework on what your trying to do, because its more work that you may really think it is..

leadfoot
02-25-2003, 02:07 PM
you have a bullet proof auto tranny from level 10 and you can only run 12 psi. that seem's hard to belive if im understanding you right not that your a lier but all the good thing's that ive heard from level 10 there supposed to be the best as far as strong auto tranny's. im not going to try to make my car a 12 sec car in 1 mounth's time. i know that i have to get a feel for the car when i get the turbo and take it to get tuned right and dyno'd. if you guy's think im trying to get a turbo running on 15 psi on a galant backed by a direct fogger system all in a 5 month's period sorry if it seems like that, my car wont be done for at least another year i just wanted advise from people that have turbo'd there 8th gen galant's and how they run it and how it perform's(or anyone that has good information that i an use in the future). ive got the tranny covered as far as i know bullet proof it, torque converter, and a pts shift tronic kit all from level 10 should be able to make 15psi off of an l4 and a 100 shot the only thing im worryed about is the engine giving out because it's still stock.(im getting all the upgrades from level 10 and the motor build before i get anything else) oh and you said that you have a full racing motor where did you get it done? oh and i think the slippage can be controled by the torgue converter and slick https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif at least i hope

HeadAche
02-25-2003, 09:06 PM
you have a bullet proof auto tranny from level 10 and you can only run 12 psi. that seem's hard to belive if im understanding you right not that your a lier but all the good thing's that ive heard from level 10 there supposed to be the best as far as strong auto tranny's. im not going to try to make my car a 12 sec car in 1 mounth's time. i know that i have to get a feel for the car when i get the turbo and take it to get tuned right and dyno'd. if you guy's think im trying to get a turbo running on 15 psi on a galant backed by a direct fogger system all in a 5 month's period sorry if it seems like that, my car wont be done for at least another year i just wanted advise from people that have turbo'd there 8th gen galant's and how they run it and how it perform's(or anyone that has good information that i an use in the future). ive got the tranny covered as far as i know bullet proof it, torque converter, and a pts shift tronic kit all from level 10 should be able to make 15psi off of an l4 and a 100 shot the only thing im worryed about is the engine giving out because it's still stock.(im getting all the upgrades from level 10 and the motor build before i get anything else) oh and you said that you have a full racing motor where did you get it done? oh and i think the slippage can be controled by the torgue converter and slick https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif at least i hope

L10 they do make the best tranny's anywhere, and from guyz that I know who have got there stuff done by them they are having slippage at about 14 psi, and im thinking i may lose the whole thing at 12psi, which really is no big deal for me because she will go to a 5spd, anyway.. but until i can actually put the power to it, who really knows.. I've just pushed nitrous on it, and she holds up really well.. I wanted to get a shift kit for it, but then i was like how bad do i really want to keep the A/T, so i decided not to.. All the motor work has been done by myself and my boyz and there dads.. I've had help from AK1, and getting the pistons and new rods, Reelax on what to look for when i had the motor extrude honed and bored and stroked,my boy LAZ for giving me ideas on what to do next, and just about everyone else on here on just str8 up moral support when i blew up my first motor.. Im thinking im catching slippage off the line, because i have the TC and i run on slicks.. but i think its in my head, becasue when i look at the reaction time, and then my 60ft they seem slow..

JiP
02-25-2003, 10:01 PM
Just out of curiosity Kemist how'd you blow your first motor and how bad was the damage?

HeadAche
02-25-2003, 11:23 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JiP)</div><div class='quotemain'>Just out of curiosity Kemist how'd you blow your first motor and how bad was the damage?</div>

Its was Oct of 01' when i was coming back from HIN in FT.Lauderdale, i was racing a Type-R Integra on I-95.. and this was before i got the testing done and i was using 2 nitrous bottles which was like a 125shot on a single fogger.. Pushed the Button like an ass at about 95mph at 5000rpms.. Tires started spinning, temp guage hit red, rpms burried, water temp was like 250degrees.. then she just died on me, smoke and everything was pouring out, the whole windshield was covered in the 5w30syntec..lol.. The motor on first glance looked like soup really, warped and melt #1, 3, and 4 pistons, cracked block, manifold, broken oil pan,and seals, not including fucked up all the electronics. sent it out to a shop in ST. Pete that I heard builds some really kick ass motors, and had it repair and strenghted, cost was about 8g's.. bought a back-up which is now on of the fastest 4 door sedans w/nitrous oxide in Florida.. The price of being a Tuner..lol..

JiP
02-26-2003, 12:53 AM
Damn. I only paid 8gs for my galant, I would just bought a new car and started over again!

ah live and learn https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif

leadfoot
02-26-2003, 05:58 AM
125 single shot fogger system damn you were one fast mo fo im guessing you hit the button in 3rd with end's at 110 or so. anyways glad everything worked out for you how much are you packin? and how did you strengthen you motor more than it already was because i though you said it was already built? now what do you have done to it to take the 125 shot if you still have it?

HeadAche
02-26-2003, 07:26 PM
125 single shot fogger system damn you were one fast mo fo im guessing you hit the button in 3rd with end's at 110 or so. anyways gald everything workedout for you how how much are you packin? and how did you strengthen you motor more that it already was because i though you said it was already built? now what do you have done to it to take the 125 shot if you still have it?

Im still fast, actually faster than what you may think..lol..I dont think she blew because of where i sprayed, i think it blew because she was strong enough.. Yeah she was built pretty well but there were things i think that still needed to be done, that werent just as yet, and she was just being broken in.. Right now im off nitrous, for the meanwhile, the complete system was sold 2 my boy in a RSX-S, talk about freakishly fast.. :shock: I have like 2 100 shots still available, one is in my momz CL-s and the other is just sittin in my garage.. The things that i did 2 the second motor that i didnt 2 the second.. Titanium, rings, sleeves, valve springs, urethane motor mounts, complete A-mount under the motor to prevent it from rocking or shifting under heavy power, titanium piston heads was a really hard find.. Everything else is just about the same off the original set-up, just no nitrous, until my turbo is done..lol.. still a low 13sec car.. She is still a headache though.. Bro, if you have any questions about N2O or internals feel free to ask..

leadfoot
02-27-2003, 05:58 AM
so your still in the low 13's with out a turbo or nos damn. that's a fast N/A galant. how much did you pay altogether for all the valve spring's and piston head's and such oh and did you get the block bore to get more hp out of it. if so do you have a round about number for this motor build you have done. since the galant will be i the shop for suck long period's of time im thinking about geting a new WRX STi. plus the nice part it stock that beast pull's mid 12's.

Strahan
02-27-2003, 08:37 AM
You'll never have fast ride on the first try

Well, that really depends on what you are driving https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif In a Galant, I'd agree. When I bought my first Nova it had a 250 I6 putting out around 100 hp. I bought an L34 402 V8 from a 70 Chevelle and rebuilt it, added a TCI TH400, Ford 9" rear with 4:10 gearing and a few other misc items (radiator, springs, master cylinder, fuel pump). I never dynoed it, but the factory specs for the 70 Chevelle L34 was 350hp @ 5200 & 412lb-ft @ 3600. Needless to say, it moved and that was my first upgrade to it https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

Of course, I had alot of experience working on my other cars when I started this.

HeadAche
02-27-2003, 04:17 PM
so your still in the low 13's with out a turbo or nos damn. that's a fast N/A galant. how much did you pay altogether for all the valve spring's and piston head's and such oh and did you get the block bore to get more hp out of it. if so do you have a round about number for this motor build you have done. since the galant will be i the shop for suck long period's of time im thinking about geting a new WRX STi. plus the nice part it stock that beast pull's mid 12's.

yeah she pretty fast not fast enough, and not enough power yet. Just for the valve springs, forged rods and pistons, titanium piston heads, bored and stroked, and extrude honed, for the second time i did it, about 6g's give or take.. If you mean a round about hp number, i would say im around the 280-300hp range, thats just and apprx though.. I've been reading about the New STI's, they seem like real beasts, cant wait to see how they handle the EVO VIII..

TWISTED II
02-27-2003, 07:10 PM
shane, you say that your still runnin low 13's n/a? you have any slips you can scan and pop online? i dunno if you can drop a galant, whith a V6, that ran like high 16's-very low 17's stock....into the 13's with pistons, rods, valve springs. i understand thats more work than the normal intake / exhaust, but nothing to make the motor produce that kinda power. unless its bored, stroked, added a camshaft, cam gears etc.......but with pistons, rods, valve springs, motor mounts and stuff, i dunno if i believe your in the low 13's....maybe....low 15's? cuz i am fully building my motor right now, if it is made for the car, i've bought it....if it hasn't been made for the car, i'm having it custom made. and i don't expect to be anywhere near 13's before the forced induction. i'm gonna be like, maybe where i was with my 65 shot...low 15's or so. i dunno, just thinkin. post some dyno sheets or slips, if ya have them.

leadfoot
02-28-2003, 04:28 PM
re-read the post he made it say's it was bored, stroked, titamiun piston head's, forged piston's and such just read the post again :wink:

HeadAche
02-28-2003, 06:16 PM
Man, re-read the posts, when is say its fully built, i mean its FULLY BUILT, there is nothing that has not been done.. I have slips, the only one that i would show would be the 13sec slip, which i will get from Robert who is the Manager at Bithlo Raceway in Orlando.. Ohh yeah you can do sub 13sec runs, if you do it right, and now BS your way threw it.. I know what im doing especially with the help of Reelax who gave me the idea to get it bored and stroke, and extrude honed.. I got the numbers and the power, dont doubt the motor, a lot of people have and well, there just victims now..lol

TWISTED II
02-28-2003, 08:18 PM
i know what i read. i still don't think you run low 13's. how much did you have it bored and stroked? cuz yeah, theres a lot of room to bore out, but what do you have a 5.0 or something? ha, well, i have a feeling once the motor gets back into the car, it'll be on a trailer down to florida. oh yeah, and did you say you had titanium sleeves??? why did you go with titanium sleeves? be ready to replace them.

HeadAche
02-28-2003, 11:42 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ThaTwistedGTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>i know what i read. Â*i still don't think you run low 13's. Â*how much did you have it bored and stroked? Â*cuz yeah, theres a lot of room to bore out, but what do you have a 5.0 or something? Â*ha, well, i have a feeling once the motor gets back into the car, it'll be on a trailer down to florida. Â*oh yeah, and did you say you had titanium sleeves??? why did you go with titanium sleeves? Â*be ready to replace them.</div>

she was only bored out to 2.81.. It was originally supposed to be 3.0, but then i had talked to Clay about doing the evo head swap then i blew the first motor and had the second motor bored out to the same degree, we didnt know how far to go with it since it was the first one to be done in my area, well a 4g64 for that is.. The sleeves were actually done for free by my friends dad, because I had hooked him up with some audio stuff when i use to work for Best Buy.. IF you actually do the right amount of tunning and research you can pull the numbers.. You'll see whenever you get done..

TWISTED II
03-01-2003, 03:26 PM
you have the I4? i know i'm boring it out to a 3.1. cuz its not exactly a 3.0 yet, its actually a 2.91 or something. so since the stroke is so shitty, with the amount of boring i do, its gonna put it at exactly a 3.1. if the stroke was higher than 76, it would be a lil more productive, but its all good, i don't need anything bigger than that. set the compression at 8.8, maybe 9. get the motor built and i'm golden.

FastNFabolous
03-03-2003, 04:04 PM
looks like you find yourself another victim Shane :nono:
Another showdown for TGC https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif

HeadAche
03-03-2003, 06:42 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FastNFabolous)</div><div class='quotemain'>looks like you find yourself another victim Shane Â*:nono: Â*
Another showdown for TGC Â*:P</div>

Yup guess so.. But I gotta wait for him to get all his work done, for him to be a real challenge.. :evil:

Lazarus
03-03-2003, 07:14 PM
Get um.... :roll: Hey shane it's about time for another one of out talks....it's March you know....lol

TWISTED II
03-03-2003, 08:16 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FastNFabolous)</div><div class='quotemain'>looks like you find yourself another victim Shane Â*:nono: Â*
Another showdown for TGC Â*:P</div>

ok, maybe i'm reading this wrong, but are you calling me a victim?
i really hope your not.......

HeadAche
03-03-2003, 09:22 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lazarus)</div><div class='quotemain'>Get um.... :roll: Hey shane it's about time for another one of out talks....it's March you know....lol</div>

Damn your right, it is March..lol..

FastNFabolous
03-04-2003, 05:12 AM
ok, maybe i'm reading this wrong, but are you calling me a victim?
i really hope your not.......[/quote]
Well if you really wanna find out if Shane is lying the hard way, then really you're gonna be a victim.

maybe you wanna be my victim 8)

TWISTED II
03-04-2003, 05:34 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Well if you really wanna find out if Shane is lying the hard way, then really you're gonna be a victim.

maybe you wanna be my victim Â*8)
</div>

wow, i'm speechless....do you even know the things i'm doing to my motor? if you saw my motor right now, you would rethink what you say to me. what are you shanes lil bodygaurd? and your gonna need a lot more done to your ride for me to be your victim. don't talk about things which you have no idea about. cuz your making yourself look stupid. :roll:

HeadAche
03-04-2003, 11:47 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ThaTwistedGTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Well if you really wanna find out if Shane is lying the hard way, then really you're gonna be a victim.

maybe you wanna be my victim Â*8)
</div>

wow, i'm speechless....do you even know the things i'm doing to my motor? if you saw my motor right now, you would rethink what you say to me. what are you shanes lil bodygaurd? and your gonna need a lot more done to your ride for me to be your victim. don't talk about things which you have no idea about. cuz your making yourself look stupid. :roll:</div>

Damn bro, chill he was just jokin with you..lol.. Dont get all bent out shape.. All it is, is just some friendly competition, nothing to get all mad about damn.. Hey whatever your doing to your ride i wish you the best, i've been there, and i know what im talking about, and well hell i know what i got, and truly how fast i am.. So when you get it all good and ready, we'll take it to tha track..lol..

TWISTED II
03-04-2003, 05:10 PM
just don't appreciate being called someones victim before i even race them.

Alister_McRae
03-04-2003, 05:57 PM
Hey, i may not be the fastest galant around, but if i were to get some bracket racing computers, and bracket race you guys, i would win everytime....thats how guys like me keep up with you rocket demons like shane and thatwistedgtz... https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

FastNFabolous
03-04-2003, 07:52 PM
wow, i'm speechless....do you even know the things i'm doing to my motor? if you saw my motor right now, you would rethink what you say to me. what are you shanes lil bodygaurd? and your gonna need a lot more done to your ride for me to be your victim. don't talk about things which you have no idea about. cuz your making yourself look stupid. :roll:[/quote]

speechless?!? Im Shanes hoe https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif Im sure your still gonna need a lot more done to your motor when its done against my project w/ Norcal or my j-spec engine., then we'll see who really is gonna look stupid :roll:
Too bad Shane, Ak1 & the rest of the Vegas Chapters are the only ones who knows what im talking about :wink:

TWISTED II
03-04-2003, 08:15 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>speechless?!? Im Shanes hoe Â*:lol: Im sure your still gonna need a lot more done to your motor when its done against my project w/ Norcal or my j-spec engine., then we'll see who really is gonna look stupid Â*:roll: Â*
Too bad Shane, Ak1 & the rest of the Vegas Chapters are the only ones who knows what im talking about Â*:wink:</div>

J-spec? please, gimme a break. typical ricer comment, "i have a j-spec so i'm faster than everyone" "me and my spoon engine" please, i just think thats kinda f*cked up that you come up in here talkin this mad shit about me being a victim when you have no idea what i'm in the process of doing. i'm not talkin intake and exhaust here buddy. you build your "j-spec" ::trembles in fear:: and we'll set something up this spring ok?

HeadAche
03-04-2003, 11:20 PM
Fab i know exactly what your talking about,and i respect anyone taking on a project of that size.. Twisted trust me, if anyone knows what your planning on doing i do, because i've done it twice already.. Hell if you guyz are trying to set stuff up for the spring i will drive just about anywhere in the middle to see whats up, i would love to see who can put up the numbers, Twisted, Fab, or myself.. now thats what i call a good race..lol

TWISTED II
03-05-2003, 12:14 AM
hell yeah, i'm game. sounds like fun. i just hope fab learns a lil more respect by then. if you guys are infact faster, great, nice job. but for him to come up in here callin me a victim already, that shit doesn't fly right with me. my car will be done by may at the latest, so yeah, lets set something up.

mister2racer
03-05-2003, 12:44 AM
Gone.

mister2racer
03-05-2003, 02:23 AM
I have driven cars with over 400HP, and very very very few cars on the road have enough power to roast the tires from a 95mph roll. A fully built NA I4 Galant auto fits into the 99.9% percentile of cars which CAN NOT do that.

But yea, lets get real here... or at least prove me wrong. Send me pics, tell me who made your stroker crank, who makes pistons with a titanium "head", etc. Calling you out... lets see the car, and lets see a timeslip. :doubleup:

Thanks again,
Charles

leadfoot
03-05-2003, 06:01 AM
i guess ill be on shame's list for competition in about a year afte rthe motor build, tranny swap, and turbo set up i should be able to be a threat to him.oh i changed my mind on the STi gonna get the 04 lighting that's comming out in late 03. pack's about 550hp and same torgue so i should be good to go for the time being. since they will have a limited number going out and a limited number of mod's that are on the market.

TWISTED II
03-06-2003, 11:04 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mister2racer)</div><div class='quotemain'>I have driven cars with over 400HP, and very very very few cars on the road have enough power to roast the tires from a 95mph roll. A fully built NA I4 Galant auto fits into the 99.9% percentile of cars which CAN NOT do that.

But yea, lets get real here... or at least prove me wrong. Send me pics, tell me who made your stroker crank, who makes pistons with a titanium "head", etc. Calling you out... lets see the car, and lets see a timeslip. Â*:doubleup: Â*

Thanks again,
Charles</div>

wow, this post got rather quiet. c'mon shane, lets see it. at least answer some questions! :yawn:

Galanttuner
03-07-2003, 03:33 PM
I'd like to see timeslips and dynoslips from peeps here as well;
should prove to be interesting.

leadfoot
03-07-2003, 04:54 PM
i would like to see slip's too but some people done thave digital camera's to be taking pictures of there rides and posting them on the net. im not saying that i dont because i do mine is bone stock or at least it will be that way for about 2 to 3 month's but that's besides the point. some people done have the equipment or time to be posting and puting there ride's ont he net. just my opinion. :wink:

TWISTED II
03-07-2003, 07:14 PM
understandable, but, if shane doesn't have a digi cam, i'm pretty sure he knows someone with a scanner....c'mon, scanners have been around for a long time. don't think it would be too hard to get a pic online. just find it funny that after me and my buddy "mister2" asked to post slips, or at least answer some questions about his "13 second" n/a galant, he doesn't post anymore. very interesting to say the least. :roll:

HeadAche
03-07-2003, 08:54 PM
Just because i dont post dont think i dont hear what you guyz are saying.. hey its cool that you are skeptical, hell just about everyone is.. But hey, i dont really have anything to prove.. I'll try my best to get pics up, 2 quiet the skeptics..

TWISTED II
03-07-2003, 09:15 PM
thats great, but it still won't prove anything, cuz theres nothing on the slip that says "shanes galant." answer some of the questions my buddy asked like who made your stroker crank, and who makes piston with titanium heads? lol. i don't wanna beat a dead horse, but how do you expect people to believe you have a 13 second n/a galant? maybe some of the noobs in the car scene would, but its gonna take a lil more for me to believe it...especially when you say things like pistons with titanium heads, and titanium sleeves, lol.

ViciousLord
03-07-2003, 09:22 PM
shame whens the next you'll be at moroso?

Alister_McRae
03-07-2003, 10:25 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>but how do you expect people to believe you have a 13 second n/a galant?</div>

I dunno if i entirely believe that, i mean, with enough money, anything is possible. Atleast thats what the philosophy is around here. Plus shane has a ton of nitrous oxide, so i dont see how it is not possible. I think Shane is going about this the right way, he has nothing to prove to anyone, he knows what his galant is capable of, and if he is telling the truth, Well great, it just proved the potential of our motors. If he is not, then ooohhh well, dont worry about it. And who really cares if people critsize your car and its speed, if your happy with your car, thats all that matters. I knew a guy with a 300hp VW Rabbit. It really wasnt my cup of tea, but he liked it and thats all that matters.

HeadAche
03-07-2003, 10:53 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alister_McRae)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>but how do you expect people to believe you have a 13 second n/a galant?</div>

I dunno if i entirely believe that, i mean, with enough money, anything is possible. Atleast thats what the philosophy is around here. Plus shane has a ton of nitrous oxide, so i dont see how it is not possible. I think Shane is going about this the right way, he has nothing to prove to anyone, he knows what his galant is capable of, and if he is telling the truth, Well great, it just proved the potential of our motors. If he is not, then ooohhh well, dont worry about it. And who really cares if people critsize your car and its speed, if your happy with your car, thats all that matters. I knew a guy with a 300hp VW Rabbit. It really wasnt my cup of tea, but he liked it and thats all that matters.</div>

Thats exactly what im trying to get at, i really have nothing to prove.. As long as i have been on the board, i have proved my worth, and knowledge of this motor, anyone can tell you, shane knows his car, and what it can do. Believe me, dont believe me, it wont keep me up at night, and it wont stop me from whippin ass on the street or the track.. If you got questions, get your car ready, bring to the track, then say something. Dont come at me, and tell me what this motor can or cant do, if anyone knows what it can do, i pretty sure i should know.. Now YOU gotta headache.. :evil:

HeadAche
03-07-2003, 11:05 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ThaTwistedGTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>thats great, but it still won't prove anything, cuz theres nothing on the slip that says "shanes galant." Â*answer some of the questions my buddy asked like who made your stroker crank, and who makes piston with titanium heads? lol. Â* i don't wanna beat a dead horse, but how do you expect people to believe you have a 13 second n/a galant? Â*maybe some of the noobs in the car scene would, but its gonna take a lil more for me to believe it...especially when you say things like pistons with titanium heads, and titanium sleeves, lol.</div>

Head and stroker kit were custom fab'd by, All Version Motorsports out of Orlando, FLorida.. They are the number 1 leading guyz in custom internal work in this area, besides another crew in St. Pete. They dont do shit jobs, you pay for what you want..More or less they do more honda work but, since my friends dad ownz the shop, anything is possible with time and the resources. Now dont ya think if someone made Titanium heads with sleeves, we would have known about this a long time ago.. Hell nobody does internals, everything has to either made or fabricated.. Thought you would know that by now, but you will whenever you start doing your work..

TWISTED II
03-08-2003, 05:08 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kemist aka Shane)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ThaTwistedGTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>thats great, but it still won't prove anything, cuz theres nothing on the slip that says "shanes galant." Â*answer some of the questions my buddy asked like who made your stroker crank, and who makes piston with titanium heads? lol. Â* i don't wanna beat a dead horse, but how do you expect people to believe you have a 13 second n/a galant? Â*maybe some of the noobs in the car scene would, but its gonna take a lil more for me to believe it...especially when you say things like pistons with titanium heads, and titanium sleeves, lol.</div>

Head and stroker kit were custom fab'd by, All Version Motorsports out of Orlando, FLorida.. They are the number 1 leading guyz in custom internal work in this area, besides another crew in St. Pete. They dont do shit jobs, you pay for what you want..More or less they do more honda work but, since my friends dad ownz the shop, anything is possible with time and the resources. Now dont ya think if someone made Titanium heads with sleeves, we would have known about this a long time ago.. Hell nobody does internals, everything has to either made or fabricated.. Thought you would know that by now, but you will whenever you start doing your work..</div>

oh believe me, i know...but if you had to have pistons made....what company would make them with titanium heads? i found pistons no problem, didn't hafta have them made or anything. whats your bore and stroke?

alister, its like you read 1 post in this thread and decided to post....if you would have been paying attention, you would have seen me repeatedly saying <span style='font-size:30pt;line-height:100%'>N/A</span>...meainging no NOS.....all motor :roll: and i know the potential of our motors, to my surprise, this motor was actually designed really well. i'm not saying our motors can't handle running 13's, i know they can and they will, i'm just saying that hes gonna need to do a lil more than say he runs 13's for me to not think hes full of crap.

HeadAche
03-08-2003, 10:47 AM
The only reason for having my piston fabricated at the time i blew up the original motor, there we no aftermarket pistons on the market all.. Until AK1 had JE keep a mold of his, but i was already in the process of making a set.. THe reasoning of having Titanium heads, one there just strong as shit, and this guy who was there had the idea of having it done, on a Spoon motor All Version had brought it. I like the idea, so my boyz dad did the work for me.. She bored to 2.81 at a stroke of i believe 71mm, i could be wrong but im pretty sure thats as far as he went with it..

mister2racer
03-08-2003, 05:59 PM
OK... there is no arguement left... because there is no doubt left. Shane has obviously spent his 1000 posts building a completely false image of himself and his car.

Say what you want, act like you keep your own pride in your car even if no one beleives you.... in the end, it doesnt matter what you say because you are resorting to the standard words that all you bullshitters use.

Do I need to point out the flaws in your information? No I dont think so, your wording and lack of knowledge imply that you dont hardly know shit about your engine, and while I cannot say if it is really built or not, it is definatly not built like you say it is.

Get real bro. :mg:

-Charles

TWISTED II
03-08-2003, 06:27 PM
ok shane, this is getting lame. why must you feed everyone lies? lol. you have the 4g64 right? ok....the stock stroke on that motor is 100mm.....so you say yours was....de-stroked to 71mm??????

your stock bore is 86.5. do you realize that your bore would hafta be 112mm to give you a 2.8L 4 cylinder with a 71mm stroke????? that calculates to a <span style='font-size:25pt;line-height:100%'>1 inch overbore!!!!!!!</span> first off thats unheard of, secondly its impossible to do!!!!! no way in hell is there enough room for you to overbore an inch!!!!!!! give me a break...where do you come up with this shit?? my overbore is gonna be .02 inches!!!!

you really got yourself into a hole with this one. and i'm not even gonna get started on your 2 piece piston idea....how is the titanium head held onto the rest of the piston? i think your best bet would be to admit to everyone you have no idea what your talking about and that you are making all this up.....

HeadAche
03-09-2003, 01:27 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ThaTwistedGTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>ok shane, this is getting lame. Â*why must you feed everyone lies? lol. Â*you have the 4g64 right? Â*ok....the stock stroke on that motor is 100mm.....so you say yours was....de-stroked to 71mm?????? Â* Â*

your stock bore is 86.5. Â*do you realize that your bore would hafta be 112mm to give you a 2.8L 4 cylinder with a 71mm stroke????? Â*that calculates to a <span style='font-size:25pt;line-height:100%'>1 inch overbore!!!!!!!</span> Â*first off thats unheard of, secondly its impossible to do!!!!! Â*no way in hell is there enough room for you to overbore an inch!!!!!!! Â*give me a break...where do you come up with this shit?? Â*my overbore is gonna be .02 inches!!!! Â* Â*

you really got yourself into a hole with this one. Â*and i'm not even gonna get started on your 2 piece piston idea....how is the titanium head held onto the rest of the piston? Â*i think your best bet would be to admit to everyone you have no idea what your talking about and that you are making all this up.....</div>

boy here we go again.. LIke i said i think, im not really sure on what the stroke is, damn.. Its hard to keep track of everthing, when you got other things in mind... My best bet would be just to do like i plan 2 do, wait until you get ur lil ride done, and show you whats up...

TWISTED II
03-09-2003, 07:33 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kemist aka Shane)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ThaTwistedGTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>ok shane, this is getting lame. Â*why must you feed everyone lies? lol. Â*you have the 4g64 right? Â*ok....the stock stroke on that motor is 100mm.....so you say yours was....de-stroked to 71mm?????? Â* Â*

your stock bore is 86.5. Â*do you realize that your bore would hafta be 112mm to give you a 2.8L 4 cylinder with a 71mm stroke????? Â*that calculates to a <span style='font-size:25pt;line-height:100%'>1 inch overbore!!!!!!!</span> Â*first off thats unheard of, secondly its impossible to do!!!!! Â*no way in hell is there enough room for you to overbore an inch!!!!!!! Â*give me a break...where do you come up with this shit?? Â*my overbore is gonna be .02 inches!!!! Â* Â*

you really got yourself into a hole with this one. Â*and i'm not even gonna get started on your 2 piece piston idea....how is the titanium head held onto the rest of the piston? Â*i think your best bet would be to admit to everyone you have no idea what your talking about and that you are making all this up.....</div>

boy here we go again.. LIke i said i think, im not really sure on what the stroke is, damn.. Its hard to keep track of everthing, when you got other things in mind... My best bet would be just to do like i plan 2 do, wait until you get ur lil ride done, and show you whats up...</div>

ha ha ha, what a joke, forget it man, unless your comin to chicago, i'm not wasting my time. do you really expect me to believe that you have any work done to your car??? i'm sorry, but even with a bunch of stuff on your mind....how can you not remember what you had you motor stroked to? you weren't even close! ha ha ha. you just think that if you throw out numbers, all the little newbies with be like "wow, shane, hes my hero" you need to understand that me and my buddy mister2 know this motor better than almost anyone on this board.....and if you think that you are gonna be able to pull out all this crap an we are gonna believe it, your wrong. maybe if you go into the newbie section, you can be everyones hero, but you need to do a lil more research before you start talkin motors with me. ha ha ha 71mm......1 inch overbore....ha ha ha. well its been informative shane, and rather fun. i hope next time you research the BS before you start blabbing about it.

paco
05-06-2003, 11:09 PM
:shock:

Cali
05-07-2003, 12:32 AM
wow first time i read this post. man, twisted your a dick. shanes done a lot of pioneering for us 8ger's. hey shane, when i get enough $$$ ima head out to FL so you can help me build up my motor. then we'll head out to moroso. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

TWISTED II
05-07-2003, 02:37 AM
i'm a dick? wow, lets just be assholes about this. this thread was like, 3 months old man....shane and i have been somewhat cool for a while now. its just nothing he says makes sense, and i've proven him wrong on numerous occasions. maybe if you would think before talking, you would understand where i'm coming from. i don't know if you people actually know anything about motors, or you just like to hear big words and believe everything you hear....but, i know motors, and i can 100% gaurantee you that the things he was saying were false, and that he doesn't have most of the things done that he says he has. but, fine, i'm a dick, whatever. i may be a dick, but i'm a dick with a faster car than yours.

HeadAche
05-07-2003, 08:46 AM
wow first time i read this post. man, twisted your a dick. shanes done a lot of pioneering for us 8ger's. hey shane, when i get enough $$$ ima head out to FL so you can help me build up my motor. then we'll head out to moroso. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

I'd more than happy for you to come back to Floria bro, and me and twisted we have been cool for a while now, he has his own opinions on things, and so I do.. A lot of shit you can do without breaking some eggs, a lot of shit i done, had to be taken only so far, because nobody was sure how the motor would handle.. But after a lot of work and research, i've done more than my fair share of mod's.. Hell im just happy he's gettin his ride back on the road, hate to see another 8g'er in the shop, with motor issues...

Cali
05-07-2003, 11:37 AM
i may be a dick, but i'm a dick with a faster car than yours.

nuff said. :roll:

Prophet
05-07-2003, 12:16 PM
i may be a dick, but i'm a dick with a faster car than yours.

nuff said. :roll:

Topic Closed then. No sense in it starting again.