PDA

View Full Version : 8G lowering question

Galant Evolution
11-13-2009, 03:15 PM
Hey everyone!

Got a 99' galant want to lower the car with lowering springs. What springs would be the best look and drop for the 8g, because the 8g has a significantly large wheel gap in the front while the rear is not bad. Would i lower the front say 2.5inches, and the back .75 inches? Whats the ratio here? Thanks!

Reelax
11-13-2009, 03:31 PM
if u r going to lower more than 2" i suggest going straight to full coilovers. the stock dampers fail soon after deep lowering like that and full coilovers include short body dampers that are much better able to withstand that ride height (and higher spring rate) while still offerening full suspension travel. now if that's too much, then go w/ TEIN or PROGRESS springs that drop 1"-2" and consider replacing your dampers w/ KYB AGX which are adjustable in stiffness and will last longer w/ a drop. if that's still too much, consider a 1"-1.5" drop using EIBACH or H&R springs and your stock dampers... this is the least aggressive but also the cheapest acceptable route.

tjones156
11-13-2009, 03:37 PM
Yea, I got the sprint performance springs on my whip right now. Next year I'm gonna b putting in a K-sport full adjustable coilover set. I had my sprint springs for about 2 years now and my G still rides and handles pretty good. 2.2 drop in the front and 2.0 drop in the rear for $150. Check out my garage if you'd like to see if this is the kind of drop you're looking for.

SPD_FRK
11-13-2009, 03:49 PM
Don't even waste your time with springs...coilovers are alwasy raved about...and for GOOOD reasons. I recently installed a set of KSport GT Pros on my 99 and I couldn't be happier with how the installation went. Also being able to have complete control of the dampening and ride height as I wish is a MAJOR plus. For a regular set of KSport coilovers you are maybe $200-$300 more than what a full spring and shock swap over would end up costing you. Once you get the springs on, and if you find the height is too low than you have to ditch the springs for something else.

Galant Evolution
11-13-2009, 04:01 PM
Thanks everyone for the promp responses!, tjones156 i like that drop! stock struts?

tjones156
11-13-2009, 05:04 PM
Thanks everyone for the promp responses!, tjones156 i like that drop! stock struts?

Yep, still strong. Just a cheap alternative till I get the Coilover set next year.

Galant Evolution
11-13-2009, 05:06 PM
Yep, still strong. Just a cheap alternative till I get the Coilover set next year.

where did you get yours? when i search them it says 1.8 drop front and back?

tjones156
11-13-2009, 05:10 PM
where did you get yours? when i search them it says 1.8 drop front and back?

andysautosport.com, bought them bout 2 years ago. Not sure if they have different size springs or not.

Galant Evolution
11-13-2009, 05:11 PM
andysautosport.com, bought them bout 2 years ago. Not sure if they have different size spring rates for it or not.

ohh ok