PDA

View Full Version : Weird Lock Problem

732Galant
11-15-2009, 06:33 PM
Upon trying to let my wife in the car on the passengers side, my key wouldn't turn. It wouldnt move when I inserted it into the lock. It works fine in my door, the trunk, etc but won't open the passenger side door. I noticed a few times it was pretty hard to turn but now it doesn't at all. Anyone know why? Also what would an extra key run me for my car because I only have one and wouldn't want to get stuck without another.

Red_Line
11-16-2009, 01:33 AM
Take out the lock cylinder, then take it to a locksmith along with the key. He should be able to fix it.

I had a door from a different car, so the lock was different. I took it to a locksmith and it took took him a few minutes to shuffle the wafers around to make it work with my key.

Get an uncut key from ebay but make sure it's one that has a chip. Then take it to a locksmith who can cut/program the key

01blackG
11-27-2009, 08:03 PM
Just put some greese in the lock cylinder, that will take care of the stiffness and if it is froze like you say then greese the crap out of it with some WD-40 or somethig like that to get it to break loose. Just dont force it with the key to get it to turn again. Otherwise the key could break off. Just go to the dealer for a new key.