PDA

View Full Version : CHANGING THE DASH

jman380
02-24-2003, 02:25 AM
I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE MY CAR INTERIOR GREY AND BLACK. WHATS BEST TO USE FOR THE DASH. THE TOP PART WHERE THE CENTER SPEAKER IS THAT IS. I KNOW THE OTHER SIDES THAT GO ON THE CIELINGS ARE PLASTIC SO I CAN USE PAINT FOR THAT ANY INFO IS HELPFULL I APPRECIATE IT

pinoyesv6
02-24-2003, 08:31 AM
first of all, i think ur caps lock button is broken...or u must really not want people to respond cuz ur sreaming at every1. nonetheless, imam respond just cuz i think ur caps lock button is broken. so yea, imma break ur dash up into 3 parts. u got that top part where ur speaker is, then the middle part thats has the soft vinyl part, and then the kneww panel where ur knees are. the top and bottom part are plastic, they can be painted like anything else. just clean it and paint. the middle part is a soft vinyl. u ca't paint that. unless u want it to crack and get that marbling effect lol. but yea ur gonna eaither have to replace it with something (get creative) or dye it. there are vinyl dyes out there. visit a local shop that does that kinda stuff, a paint shop or even do a search on google to see what u can find to use on those parts...

jluv97
02-24-2003, 10:31 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PinoyESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'>...the middle part is a soft vinyl. u ca't paint that. unless u want it to crack and get that marbling effect ...</div>

Painted mine, still holding strong after a year.

pinoyesv6
02-24-2003, 02:23 PM
...the middle part is a soft vinyl. u ca't paint that. unless u want it to crack and get that marbling effect ...

Painted mine, still holding strong after a year.

the reason i say that is because, part of the new car smell is the vinyl itself. the vinyl needs to breath. just like ur skin, it has tiny pores in it. and yea, if those pores are clogged up, "pressure" is gonna build up and cause the paint and vinyl to bubble and crack over time. for that same reason i don't use stuff like armor all and shit on my vinyl pieces. if u notice older dashes, even ones that are "well maintained with armor all", they still crack over a long time. but yea just somethign to keep in mind. its kinda like when u were a teenager and u got pimples and stuff. same way, ur pores and shit get clogged up from ur body oils and dirt and yea pimples form...

TwistedGTZ01
02-24-2003, 03:40 PM
first of all, i think ur caps lock button is broken...or u must really not want people to respond cuz ur sreaming at every1. nonetheless, imam respond just cuz i think ur caps lock button is broken. ..

wow, does it really matter his caps lock was turned on? :roll:
didn't think people cared......

anyway, you can paint vinyl, seen it done a thousand times...as long as you use vinyl paint, not normal paint....or dye, but i think thats a hassle.

Khopari
02-24-2003, 03:46 PM
first of all, i think ur caps lock button is broken...or u must really not want people to respond cuz ur sreaming at every1. nonetheless, imam respond just cuz i think ur caps lock button is broken. ..

yes trust me people do care,, when his caps lock are on he sound like he miad,, and about to go punch someone :laughing:

pinoyesv6
02-24-2003, 03:46 PM

all caps means sum1 is screaming. uhm bgr added a hack onto tgc to remind u not to use all caps if u were using it. http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5976 ('http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5976') thats when i assumed his keyboard was broke

TwistedGTZ01
02-24-2003, 03:55 PM
:shock:

jman380
02-25-2003, 12:01 AM
DAMN YOU PEFREAK OUT IF I USE ALL CAPS. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif BE FOR REASL I JUST ASKED A SIMPLE QUESTION I EVEN EXPRESSED THANKS IN ADVANCE AND ALL I GET IS YAP ABOUT MY CAPS. HOWS THIS now i feell like a freakin sissy im whining now . https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif THANKS FOR THE HELP PEOPLE I REALLY DO APPRECIATE IT I ONLY USE CAPS CUZ I THINK IT LOOKS BETTER

Wintergalant
02-25-2003, 12:06 AM
Wow that got attention lol :shock:

TwistedGTZ01
02-25-2003, 03:30 AM
I ONLY USE CAPS CUZ I THINK IT LOOKS BETTER

thats what i thought, but aparently its a TGC rule that if you use caps, your screaming and don't want people to help you. :puzzled1:

seth98esT
02-25-2003, 03:54 AM
use all caps if u want, let it be ur trademark. to me its harder to read all caps opposed to all lowercase...yes it means yelling but yah who cares, as long as we understand each other :wink:

TwistedGTZ01
02-25-2003, 04:59 AM
use all caps if u want, let it be ur trademark. to me its harder to read all caps opposed to all lowercase...yes it means yelling but yah who cares, as long as we understand each other :wink:

i agree :thumbsup:

jman380
02-25-2003, 09:40 AM
CAN UNDER SIF I CHANGED THE FONT SIZE THAN THAT TO ME WOULD BE YELLING. BUT ITS ABOUT CARES MAYBEE I M DEAF AND CANT HEAR WHAT IM SAYING. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif ANYWAYSI DIDNT MEAN ANYHARM BY USING CAPS BUT SOMEONE BEFORE TOLD ME IF I HAD EVER HEARD OF THE CAPS BUTTON BEFORE AS A SMART REMARK . CUZ I USE TO WRITE IN LOWER CASE BEFORE. :roll: WERE TALKING ABOUT CARS HEAR IF YOU GET OFFENDED CUZ I HAVE FREAKIN CAPS THEN YOU GOT A SERIOUS PROBLEM LETS JUST HELP EACH OTHER OUT MAN. I WANNA SE A G"S OUT THIS SUMMER AND RUN RIGHT THROUGH ALL THESE DAMN HONDAS