PDA

View Full Version : Install Foglights on DE

OMEGA PHX
11-23-2009, 08:46 PM
Ok so as the tittle says I want to install OEM foglights on my 8g. It doesn't come prewired so I want to know how to do it and install them in a separate switch. I have searched but the only thing I could find was how to wire them on a separate switch but for G's that come with them pre-installed. I wanna know how to wire OEM foglights from scratch with the original plug/harness that they use for the ES and GTZ trim. My plans is to rum some HID on them. Your help would be appreciated, I already searched and couldn't find anything of what I want to do.

keith6110
11-23-2009, 10:20 PM
Ok so as the tittle says I want to install OEM foglights on my 8g. It doesn't come prewired so I want to know how to do it and install them in a separate switch. I have searched but the only thing I could find was how to wire them on a separate switch but for G's that come with them pre-installed. I wanna know how to wire OEM foglights from scratch with the original plug/harness that they use for the ES and GTZ trim. My plans is to rum some HID on them. Your help would be appreciated, I already searched and couldn't find anything of what I want to do.

you could probably wire them to the fuse box for your corner lights if you didn't want to wire a new switch. just find the corner lights fuse and put the + and - from the fog lights to the + and - on the corner light wires. you'll probably have to put a higher amp fuse in but it should work. i could be wrong but that what i would try. whats the worst that can happen, you need to replace a fuse? lol

OMEGA PHX
11-25-2009, 07:20 PM
Anybody else ?

RedLine DOHC
11-25-2009, 07:50 PM
wire them into your low beams so they turn off when your highs are on, spend 5 bucks on a switch and hard wire them through the switch.

03-Galant-ES
11-26-2009, 06:53 AM
you can probably follow the tutorial for independant fogs only you have to add the wiring and fuse in between. You should have an open spot in your fuse box for this if not tap it into something.

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=31717

big&bad
11-26-2009, 11:08 AM
Wouldn´t it be best to fit this...
http://cgi.ebay.de/MITSUBISHI-GALANT-Schalter-Spiegel-Leuchtw-Nebel_W0QQitemZ260431690097QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAuto teile_Zubeh%C3%B6r?hash=item3ca2f03971
Or are they not available in US? Here are a lot of 8G on the junkyars, and for only 5 $ you can get the whole unit...
Of course you have to build your own wire-system and have to use one or two relais...
But it will last less than two hours to fix it...

OMEGA PHX
01-09-2010, 12:16 AM
I know this is a relatively old thread but is mine so, I wanna wire some oem foglights, I just want to tap the fogs with the low beam, would that be enough power to ignite HID's for the fogs since I already have HID headlights?
So the same wire would ignite two ballast each side.

Jeffylou87
01-09-2010, 04:25 AM
Yes, that would be enough power..

OMEGA PHX
01-09-2010, 11:37 PM
So what you guys think of this deal I found on a local JY for some used OEM folights with harness for $65?

03-Galant-ES
01-09-2010, 11:59 PM
So what you guys think of this deal I found on a local JY for some used OEM folights with harness for $65?

If you like it then go for it. The oem harness would be enough power for 2 ballasts, I would aim to use digital ballasts since they require less amperage.