PDA

View Full Version : HELP: How to install JDM fender flares?

greddy
11-25-2009, 12:29 PM
I know the fronts have two tabs that attach to the fender and the rear has two holes, but is that all that holds them into place?, also how did you guys attach the two front extension pieces that go on the front bumper????? any pictures or explanations would be fantastic!!!!

IceDouTGaLanT
11-25-2009, 12:49 PM
In reality your supposed to notch out holes in your fender/quarter panel which the tabs insert into. Im not sure if you have OEM or cali's so they might not have those. Regardless i didn't put holes in my car. For the front, you use the tabs and attach them to your stock screws under your fender you will see them. I also used some 3M tape just to be on the safe side. The front, i installed once i got the front fender ones on so everything was leveled right. For that i had to drill holes on my bumper and it fit in nice and snug, but i dont know if cali's mold have those inner pieces. For the rear, I drilled two holes and used 3m tape. Give me 1 hour, i should be home, ill snap a pic for you.

greddy
11-25-2009, 01:47 PM
fantastic, I just wanted to make sure that the tabs was all I needed, and I have Cali's but they are like OEM, thanks for the quick response bro.

Stewi
11-25-2009, 11:24 PM
Just a FYI when Cali put them on both his white and black car, he never drilled a single hole. Its all about proper prep/adhesion and good 3M two sided tape. I have yet to install my CF flares but there wont be any holes drilled.

Krocker360
05-31-2011, 12:38 AM
fantastic, I just wanted to make sure that the tabs was all I needed, and I have Cali's but they are like OEM, thanks for the quick response bro.

I think that one fit to mine, would you send me some quote of that??? also consider adding some latest photos.

bobmundo123
05-31-2011, 11:20 AM
^x2.... we love photos... =)

greddy
05-31-2011, 12:42 PM
Mine are mounted with rivets because I had to cut the OEM mounting points off due to the rather wide tires I run