PDA

View Full Version : oil pumps

troubled4g64t
11-25-2009, 01:07 PM
can anyone tell me for sure that all the 4g64 oil pumps are interchangeable since my local parts shops don't carry them mitsu. price is ridiculous nad ebay has the pump listed at 75 w/free shipping on 96-99 spyder and 92 for our cars w/ 12 shipping

also same thing w/ the water pumps

Stewi
11-25-2009, 11:25 PM
I dont think they are ALL the same, I know the EVO ones and 8g ones are the same. Get the part# for the 2g one and the 8g one and compare.

*EDIT* You fail at ebay....LOL...J/K

dont be cheap, get the correct one....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-05-2-4L-Mitsubishi-Galant-Eclipse-4G64-Sohc-Oil-Pump_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem45ede166a9QQitemZ3 00343715497QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAcc essories

my better judgement also tells me the two pumps you found are being sold by the same seller....if thats the case, why would he sell one pump for more money if it was the same pump? its NOT the same pump.... he also lists the part#'s for both in each auction..... they arent the same #

troubled4g64t
11-26-2009, 10:42 AM
well that why I'm asking I know for honda's gm's ford's most parts for a particular engine are interchangeable like 302 heads 305 heads 350 heads d16 head b series parts I also know that alot of people say that the 4g64 of the older galant's is the same block that is our motor just spun 180* so the tranny is on the drivers side and I've also looked at ALOT of photos and the 4g63 in the older eclipse motors are the same as ours but if you look at them the water pump is in the front and the water pipe runs under the head the starter is in the same place as ours in relation to the tranny I'm not wrong in my assumption but. however I also know that it is possible that the only diff. in the to pumps could be the flow rate such as w/ a d16z6 and d16y8 same pumps but the y8 doesn't flow as well resluting in bearing failure so if the older pump works better but needs minor mods to work and costs less then yes it would be the better choice

and also I have been told several times companies do charge based on year of production that it most always cheaper to find the first year of production and start there. BUt In reguards to your note about part # if you look for a clutch for the eclipse you know that if we swap to 5spd we can use either 2g or 3g flywheel and clutch
yet in both cases the 2g are cheaper but they fit both w/ diff. part #

bronxbombr
11-26-2009, 11:55 AM
MY COMPANY HAS THEM BUT NOT SURE IF ITS IN STOCK. Sealed Power Oil Pump Repair Kit
224-51385. You can check your stores to cross ref the number for you.

kevinlvy
11-29-2010, 06:59 PM
can anyone tell me for sure that all the 4g64 oil pumps (http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/oil_pump~pop.html) are interchangeable since my local parts shops don't carry them mitsu. price is ridiculous nad ebay has the pump listed at 75 w/free shipping on 96-99 spyder and 92 for our cars w/ 12 shipping

also same thing w/ the water pumps

well if it is not interchangeable well better to ask some local shops around or a surplus car shop maybe luck will give you one, or the one posted above can give you answers.