PDA

View Full Version : Alloy wheels

mattyd54
02-24-2003, 01:39 PM
can anyone tell me how to get the factory alloy wheels clean? My rims have little black spots soaked into them and they are annoying the hell out of me. please help

Initial -G-host
02-24-2003, 01:46 PM
My rims have little black spots soaked into them

Hmmm....I would try some type of degreaser and see if it comes out. There are some wheel cleaners out there that might fix that certain problem (I haven't experienced it). I believe wheels are coated with a finish much like the clearcoat on your paint.....eventually due to road conditions, debris, and mother nature that layer may of deteriorated through the years and the stain may be permanently on the wheel itself. In that case....you could just repaint the rims (PowderCoat Them) or just invest on another set of aftermarket wheels.

BEAST
02-24-2003, 02:14 PM
Take them off and clean them very well. Use some type of wheel cleaner on them. Meguires, Wheelies, etc. Clean them 2 times or so then get some steel wool like double 0 and use that on them. It will clean them up very good and make them shine. Thats what I did. I was going to paint them but after I did that they looked really good so I decided not to clean them.

pinoyesv6
02-24-2003, 02:40 PM
another thing u can do is do some double duty. go get ur favorite cleaner wax. like for the paint. mine is zymol. and just wax the wheels just like u would the car. it works double duty. since u are using a cleaner wax, it cleans the surface, maybe getting rid of the spots. secondly, it makes the surface smoother so things like brake dust and dirt won't stick as easily

evil-G-nius
02-24-2003, 07:09 PM
there is some stuff you can buy in one of those seen on tv stores called Zap. That stuff is great it cleans everything it touches. Very little scrubbing, just spray it on and leave it for a sec or two and thes lightly rub it off with a wet sponge. and ZAP! its clean https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif Dont you just love cheesy shameless plugs!

IMJSAMN
02-24-2003, 09:40 PM
For ALLOY rims nothing works like good old fashion COMET or AJAX cleaners. The powder kind. I used to clean mine with comet, a detail brush and a bucket of water. I would rinse the rim, dip the brush in the bucket, spinkle comet on the brush and go at it.

mattyd54
02-25-2003, 11:34 PM
alright i'll try your suggestions. Thanks alot lata