PDA

View Full Version : Question about installing subs

bsilver23
11-29-2009, 03:43 PM
So you know how, for the galants with the infinity audio system, there are 2 stock subwoofers behind your head of the rear seats, well when you put better subs in, do you pretty much just leave the stock ones where they are and have them do nothing, or do you have them powered also? i just cant picture how the wiring would be if i were to have the stock ones and the new ones working together because on my current headunit the stock ones are plugged into the subwoofer outlet, and for the new ones that would be where they would get plugged in also.

sorry if its a bit confusing

littlerick
11-29-2009, 03:58 PM
the speakers behind the back seats arent subs they are 6x9's. when i installed my system i kept all my stock infinity stuff and just added on. i'm guessing you have the mitah adapter and the wire going from your sub output is just powering your infinity amp. i rewired the stock speakers to the rear of the in dash and installed my subs on the sub output. if your cd player has more than 1 output you can just wire it up that way and save yourself the headache of rerunning wires. hope this helps a little

RedLine DOHC
11-29-2009, 04:05 PM
rca splitter, problem solved

http://www.bestpc.lv/images/photos/031612/1.jpg

bsilver23
11-29-2009, 04:09 PM
yeah it does, haha i thought those were subs. lol. but on my headunit, i have four separate rca outputs, two are for the front speakers, and two are for the rear speakers or subwoofers. i would like to keep those 6x9's working, but right now they are plugged into the rear speakers or subwoofers output. so if i were to put the subs into the rear speakers or subwoofer ouput and leave the front speakers in the front speakers output, then the 6x9's wont be running. would i get a rca splitter or something?

bsilver23
11-29-2009, 04:10 PM
oh haha, i was still typing as you made the post, rca splitter tho, ok sounds good

bsilver23
11-29-2009, 04:11 PM
and i would put the rca splitter into one of the front speakers outputs then?

bsilver23
11-29-2009, 04:19 PM
i am guessing i would need two of the splitters and use them both on the front speakers output.

littlerick
11-29-2009, 10:05 PM
yes, you will have 1 splitter on each front rca output and your subs on the rear or sub output

RedLine DOHC
11-30-2009, 10:26 AM
it should not matter what 2 you use as long as you set your balance and fad neutral