PDA

View Full Version : Lowering on stock struts...

seth98esT
02-24-2003, 06:13 PM
So I bought an Eibach Pro Kit how long would my stock struts last with these springs? ive heard 2 months, 2 weeks, how long?

TIA.

pinoyesv6
02-24-2003, 06:18 PM
it really depends. some say realyl short some say really long. really hard to tell. uhm the lower u go, the fater it will blow, the older ur shocks/struts are, the moer wear it has, the more potential it has for failing...

Ghost Beat
02-24-2003, 06:36 PM
Realy depends on how you drive too if you drive a lot or not how hard you drive mine lasted for a while with coils they were still fine for about a month. but i put in agx's just for the performence and ride quality.

Supernova
02-24-2003, 07:18 PM
Can you still ride on your stock struts if they go out and you have progress springs?

pinoyesv6
02-24-2003, 07:25 PM
Can you still ride on your stock struts if they go out and you have progress springs?

yea. but the ride won't be that pleasant...

Lazarus
02-24-2003, 08:27 PM
I am not sure about the eibachs I used the progress springs for a good whilel and they were fine.

bstnsportsfan
02-24-2003, 08:35 PM
I have a few friends that have there car lowered and still have stock shocks. One impaticular lowered his car 1.5" and has been driving on stock shocks for over a year. I have been in his car (drove to atlanta in it) and it was fine. Felt like my car with stock suspension.

Auto-9
02-24-2003, 08:47 PM
My car held up ok. My passenger front was leaking oil but that's the only one in trouble when I took the springs off.

seth98esT
02-25-2003, 03:01 AM
alright guys, then im going to go ahead and throw the springs on with stock struts and see how long they last. its just a moderate drop...once they blow i guess i will be forced to buy some agxs :biggrin:

thanks for all the replies

2True
02-25-2003, 02:27 PM
Uhmmmm... Eibach is made to go with stock struts people. Your stock struts should last a very long time as long as they are truly Eibach springs. A 1" drop is really not very drastic as far as your struts are concerned, it would take some serious constant bottoming-out to kill them. The coil on Eibach's may be shorter than stock but it is also stiffer, which keeps the strut rod in a pretty-good neutral position to absorb shock. If your struts are in good condition they should last you a while.

Upgrading is always a good idea though... get the GR-2's, they are the perfect compliment for an optimal setup at a good price. :thumbsup:

seth98esT
02-25-2003, 02:47 PM
awesome! looks like this was a good deal then. do you guys think i should take em to a shop? or do em myself? cause i dont have a spring compressor...

2True
02-25-2003, 02:50 PM
Shop. Might want to get a front wheel allignment while your there also :wink:

pinoyesv6
02-25-2003, 06:15 PM
awesome! looks like this was a good deal then. do you guys think i should take em to a shop? or do em myself? cause i dont have a spring compressor...

a spering compressor can be borrowed from a local auto parts store. but yea there are tutorials out there for the eclispe that u can look at that have pictures and stuff. really similar to the galant. u can see what tools u need and what kinda work is involved. shopping around is a good idea too. u might find a place that will give u a hookup, install and alignment or something to save those bloody knuckles.

antmoneygtz
02-27-2003, 01:02 PM
whats up guyz... i gotta question for ya.... well actually 2... ok question #1... i jus bought the eibach pro kit springs for my gtz... now im only using the front springs cuz i have a heavy box in the rear and its low enough as it is... now i also bought kyb agx adjustable struts... now my question is even though i aint droppin the back... do u think ill get a better ride out of the stock rear struts or the agx struts?? also, do any of you have the agx struts and if so wat settings do you have them on... oh yea... can the setting of your struts effect the ride height of your car?? thanx guyz any info will be a great help... peace...